ADVERTISEMENT

The Associated Press Looks back at the FALSE & Misleading Claims Made during the Democratic Convention

You are really weird.

i simply posted an article from the Associated Press. And you and yours immediately lost your minds and reverted to personal attacks.

The irony of you and yours talking about anyone "completely losing it."
You posted an article claiming there would immediately be a “but Trump” pushback. You then responded to four different posters claiming they vindicated your OP.

Read this very carefully…not a single one of them referenced Trump. They questioned the article you posted. Instead of supplying them with examples to back up your article, you went on a manic six-page “echo chamber” rampage. It might be best if you didn’t accuse others of losing their minds after that little demonstration of yours.

You’re been asked by multiple posters to post examples from the article you find most objectionable and you’ve refused every one.

I know only one side is allowed in this forum so my apologies for any feathers ruffled. And I am sure there will be a whole lotta "but, but, but Trump...."

And before somebody calls me or anyone from the Associated Press MAGAts or cult members, I have made it clear that I can't stand either party, that Republicans are stupid for not nominating someone who could serve in the White House only up to 8 years and that Trump is unfit for office.

The Story:

Fran many people left here and went to Texas Aggies site. It’s awesome. Start a Clark thread in there other sports forum and it will explode. I don’t think anyone wants to be associated with the people that outed themselves here, nor anyone that supports them.

That would require the moderators to actually do something. No, it’s easier to just let guys like Fran spam the board with shit post after shit post.

I know only one side is allowed in this forum so my apologies for any feathers ruffled

Not to mention he starts the thread off with the following sentence. Made sure to play the victim card before going on attack. The person behind that handle needs help badly.

The best part about this thread, or maybe worst, is the Fran, as deranged as he is, is still more sane than the rapist he supports.

So if you're ok with an employer mandating what medical procedure(s) an employee has to get, you would of course be ok with an employer mandating what medical procedure(s) an employee can't get... like, say, an abortion.

Yeah, that'd be fine. They wouldn't be forcing that employee to continue on with an unwanted pregnancy. She can always just get another job.
You’re really bad at this.

Reactions: RileyHawk
Thought this thread couldn't get any more entertaining but I see Fran got caught in another lie last night.

It's going to be a shame when he begs a mod to get this thread deleted

Through the years, every time he comes over to this board to post (usually summers, when Hawk sports are minimal), he winds up in a hissy fit with half the board, then leaves in a huff for roughly a year only to return and repeat the same process/results.

It really is quite comical to see happen over, and over, and over...

Fran many people left here and went to Texas Aggies site. It’s awesome. Start a Clark thread in there other sports forum and it will explode. I don’t think anyone wants to be associated with the people that outed themselves here, nor anyone that supports them.

Lots of crazy people on here, that's for sure, who all need mental health help. All you have to do is look at the posters on this page. My Lord, it's sad.

This cult-like echo chamber is something else.

Lots of crazy people on here, that's for sure, who all need mental health help. All you have to do is look at the posters on this page. My Lord, it's sad.

This cult-like echo chamber is something else.
For sure. Just wait til November if things don't go their way... lightning in a bottle.

• Haha
Reactions: globalhawk
I skimmed it quickly, but I didn’t see anything AP pegged as false.
TL; DR Summary w/ bonus:

Summary
:The article fact-checks claims made during the Democratic convention, identifying instances where the statements made required additional context or were partially inaccurate.

Itemized List:

1. Kamala Harris on Trump and abortion:
    • Claimed Trump would ban abortion nationwide.
    • AP's Fact Check: Trump has denied supporting a federal ban, though he has shown varying levels of support for state-level bans and national restrictions.
  2. Jason Crow on Trump and Project 2025:
    • Claimed Trump’s Project 2025 would abandon troops and allies.
    • AP's Fact Check: Trump disavows direct involvement in Project 2025, but some of his associates are connected to it. The project includes ideas that align with Trump's past actions.
  3. Mark Kelly on Trump and military comments:
    • Claimed Trump called fallen soldiers "suckers" and "losers."
    • AP's Fact Check: This claim is based on unverified allegations, which Trump has denied. Some officials confirm the comments, but they haven't been definitively proven.
  4. Amy Klobuchar on Tim Walz's achievements:
    • Claimed Walz delivered the biggest tax cut in Minnesota history.
    • AP's Fact Check: The tax cuts were significant but have been critiqued as redistributive rather than actual cuts.
  5. Bill Clinton on job creation:
    • Claimed Democrats created 50 million jobs since the Cold War, Republicans only 1 million.
    • AP's Fact Check: The numbers are accurate, but the context is more complex, with job creation influenced by various factors beyond just the party in power.
  6. Alexis McGill Johnson on Trump and abortion punishment:
    • Claimed Trump said women should be punished for having abortions.
    • AP's Fact Check: Trump made a statement in 2016 supporting punishment but quickly reversed his position, stating the provider, not the woman, should be held accountable.
Me searching for "smoking gun"

Bill Belichick Binoculars GIF by Barstool Sports

Thought this thread couldn't get any more entertaining but I see Fran got caught in another lie last night.

It's going to be a shame when he begs a mod to get this thread deleted
But he's freakin' super cereal here, guys!

What happened to Fran posting just Iose Epenesa tweets?

For sure. Just wait til November if things don't go their way... lightning in a bottle.

Chis constantly whines about others attacking him. Well, he has attacked me with at least 3 different handles, which is beyond psycho. He lies and says what follows are not his alt handles but @kwik44, the mod, knows otherwise. Anyone paying attention knows otherwise.

Did you notice that Chis still won't admit (1) that NotaFairCatch WAS one of his alt handles; and (2) that he created the thread linked at the end of this post? A mod locked the thread and killed that handle; a mod also killed his other alt handle (BlueRidgeHawk).

That thread:

Chis constantly whines about others attacking him. Well, he has attacked me with at least 3 different handles, which is beyond psycho. He lies and says what follows are not his alt handles but @kwik44, the mod, knows otherwise. Anyone paying attention knows otherwise.

Did you notice that Chis still won't admit (1) that NotaFairCatch WAS one of his alt handles; and (2) that he created the thread linked at the end of this post? A mod locked the thread and killed that handle; a mod also killed his other alt handle (BlueRidgeHawk).

That thread:

You are totally winning this thread and have been vindicated. All past wrongs have been righted.

Reactions: Tom Paris

That thread:

Weren't you the one that had your son 'babysit' posts on the basketball board so he could respond when you weren't avail? He could keep your posts relevant? Maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

Last edited:
A perfect place to deploy Hitchen’s Razor: What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence.

You’re dismissed.
Simply google…”Biden infrastructure deal and pork”. Numerous articles. Some estimates of only 30% of funding truly to infrastructure. You’re a big boy (or girl), I’m sure you can do it. 😉

Simply google…”Biden infrastructure deal and pork”. Numerous articles. Some estimates of only 30% of funding truly to infrastructure. You’re a big boy (or girl), I’m sure you can do it. 😉
I don’t do your work for you. You made the claim “big boy”…do the work yourself.

Wow, Fran. Just wow. You’re really going to deny you deleted a post where you started out something like “Why do you continue to lie!” I was responding to your post and it straight up disappeared. Then you reposted.

You have some serious mental issues to deal with, man.

Keep in mind what former mod Mike Zierath had to say to Fran when they were all fed up with his spam and lies:

@Franisdaman, I feel like you shouldn't worry all that much about duplicate threads or who started what topic of conversation 10 months ago and who didn't. Quit wasting my, Tom and Blairs time with your petty complaints. You obviously haven't seen the message I sent you earlier today, even though you are on here 24/7, have over 54,000 posts and can't seem to not keep your thoughts and comments out of other threads. Do not send in another report about someone starting a duplicate thread because you have already started the same thread. Got it?

And, yes, I did put this here, in public, because I know you will see it. Grow the hell up and stop acting like a 3 year old!

Mike

Keep in mind what former mod Mike Zierath had to say to Fran when they were all fed up with his spam and lies:

@Franisdaman, I feel like you shouldn't worry all that much about duplicate threads or who started what topic of conversation 10 months ago and who didn't. Quit wasting my, Tom and Blairs time with your petty complaints. You obviously haven't seen the message I sent you earlier today, even though you are on here 24/7, have over 54,000 posts and can't seem to not keep your thoughts and comments out of other threads. Do not send in another report about someone starting a duplicate thread because you have already started the same thread. Got it?

And, yes, I did put this here, in public, because I know you will see it. Grow the hell up and stop acting like a 3 year old!

Mike
That’s hilarious. What a doofus.

I know only one side is allowed in this forum so my apologies for any feathers ruffled. And I am sure there will be a whole lotta "but, but, but Trump...."

And before somebody calls me or anyone from the Associated Press MAGAts or cult members, I have made it clear that I can't stand either party, that Republicans are stupid for not nominating someone who could serve in the White House only up to 8 years and that Trump is unfit for office.

The Story:

I finally got around to reading this thread tonight and just have the following comment: This might be the worst AP story I have ever read.

They claim that the "Dems" made a lot of "misleading claims" during the DNC.

OK. Prove it.

So, they list these claims, and backup their premise by using Trump's own statements to rebut the claim.

Basically, the AP is using "Trump said" statements following the accusations, and what are these Trump statements?

Trump said basically, sometimes in direct contrast to those who were present to hear his statements:

"That's not what I said."

"I never said that."

"That's not what I meant."

"I would never support that."

So, who are we to believe? Witnesses to his actual statements, or, Trump himself?

Now, that's an easy one to answer, because we all know, Trump, never lies.

And that settles THAT!

jfc

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT