ADVERTISEMENT

The awesome strength and design of sea-based lighthouses...

Kinnick.At.Night

HB Legend
Jun 27, 2018
Fascinating stuff. Especially when considering that most of the lighthouses that were constructed utilizing the interlocking-granite-block design are well over a century old. They were built with measurements and cuts completed by hand.

Quader%20Leuchtturm%20Schwalbenschwanz.jpg

Funny how YouTube rabbit holes take you to subjects you never thought you'd dig into.

I just finished a month of post-surgery convalescing where I pretty much had to do just about nothing at all. I spent a LOT of time in the ol' easy chair watching YouTube and sort of stepped out of my usual subjects and contributors.

Mine eventually suggested several lighthouse videos, but because I had looked up tiny homes and off grid homes in the past - the lighthouse videos it suggested were ones that people had purchased and converted to homes.

Lighthouses are indeed cool, and amazing how many are as old as they are.

Funny how YouTube rabbit holes take you to subjects you never thought you'd dig into.

I just finished a month of post-surgery convalescing where I pretty much had to do just about nothing at all. I spent a LOT of time in the ol' easy chair watching YouTube and sort of stepped out of my usual subjects and contributors.

Mine eventually suggested several lighthouse videos, but because I had looked up tiny homes and off grid homes in the past - the lighthouse videos it suggested were ones that people had purchased and converted to homes.

Lighthouses are indeed cool, and amazing how many are as old as they are.

I was looking at random, famous photographs and came across the photo of Jean Guichard working his shift at the La Jument lighthouse from 1989. Imagine this being your "office?" What a fortress.

tadyk08zxj211.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT