ADVERTISEMENT

The Bear on Hulu

Started it this morning and halfway through. I'm enjoying it. Kind of a typical guy comes back to save his brother's dysfunctional restaurant and starts to get everyone to work together so far. I hope there is more conflict in the second half of the show.

I liked Lip in Shameless and I like him in this too. The guy never gets out of Chicago

On episode 3. It’s hard for me to handle the loudmouth cousin. How he hasn’t been fired or had the shit beat out of him yet makes it hard to deal with. His entry into episode 3 makes me want to stop watching.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez
On episode 3. It’s hard for me to handle the loudmouth cousin. How he hasn’t been fired or had the shit beat out of him yet makes it hard to deal with. His entry into episode 3 makes me want to stop watching.

Have you been to Chicago? That’s how you act toward family, bro. Bonus points for North Face fleece with flip flops regardless of outdoor temperature (at least circa 2000).

It’s an easy watch in regards to time. Season 1 was probably 4 to 5 hours long total. I havet seen season 2 yet. if it’s true about Ritchie dying, that actor must be very expendable. He was shot cold blooded in Andor for being a scumbag.

It is a great show. Has that MASH like ability to inject humor into serious human drama and conflict. Season 2 is even better IMHO. Lot of good cameos. Also both seasons have great music in pivotal scenes. A lot from Chicagoland and a lot of other artists. Season 1 closes with my favorite Radiohead song and it works so perfectly.

It is a great show. Has that MASH like ability to inject humor into serious human drama and conflict. Season 2 is even better IMHO. Lot of good cameos. Also both seasons have great music in pivotal scenes. A lot from Chicagoland and a lot of other artists. Season 1 closes with my favorite Radiohead song and it works so perfectly.
The use of Radiohead Let Down in the season 1 final was genius.

Last edited:
If they keep up this pace of brilliant writing and acting this show will end up in my all time top 5.

Agree on Richie’s episode...unbelievably good. They spent a lot of episodes setting up that payoff and it was outstanding. Jamie Lee Curtis was incredible as well. No spoilers from me other than to say she was robbed of an Emmy nomination. The show has several, but I found her performance in particular to be so very broken and brave.

Five stars.

If they keep up this pace of brilliant writing and acting this show will end up in my all time top 5.

Agree on Richie’s episode...unbelievably good. They spent a lot of episodes setting up that payoff and it was outstanding. Jamie Lee Curtis was incredible as well. No spoilers from me other than to say she was robbed of an Emmy nomination. The show has several, but I found her performance in particular to be so very broken and brave.

Five stars.
This episode will fall under next year's Emmy's

Looks like I found a new show to start.

memes-just-do-it.gif

I know you’ve been in some higher-end kitchens, do you think the show did a good job with capturing that dynamic?
Every kitchen has its own dynamic, but yeah, the show does a pretty good job with it. The dysfunction in The Bear’s kitchen mirrors the dysfunction in his own life. All the other kitchens, like the one run by Olivia Coleman’s character, run smooth and organized, like her. Same goes for the pastry chef mentoring Marcus.
This has been mostly true in the kitchens I’ve worked in. If the exec chef is calm, in control, and organized, the rest of the staff is too. It’s the ones that loose their temper and start screaming that have small things snowball out of control. It’s the hot heads that disappear into the walk-in for 30 minutes (it’s almost impossible to lock yourself into a walk-in these days). When they do, the line runs smoother every time.

Five stars.
That holiday episode was absolutely incredible. The claustrophobic feel of the small kitchen and all the timers going off made watching in very uncomfortable, which was the intent. You're right, Jamie Lee Curtis's performance was more than Emmy worthy.

That holiday episode was absolutely incredible. The claustrophobic feel of the small kitchen and all the timers going off made watching in very uncomfortable, which was the intent. You're right, Jamie Lee Curtis's performance was more than Emmy worthy.
That was most uncomfortable episode of TV I think I have ever watched. That being said it’s freaking great

I'll let @ClarindaA's weigh in here, but you don't go from The Bear to this in less than a year without a little chemical enhancement.
I’ve never seen what he looked like before, but that physique is attainable naturally, but it’s a grind. Just spitballing, but probably some Testosterone and maybe winstrol or Anavar to help harden up.

Edit….I zoomed in. He looks natty, shoulders aren’t huge, not a a ton of definition.

Reactions: Tenacious E
I’ve never seen what he looked like before, but that physique is attainable naturally, but it’s a grind. Just spitballing, but probably some Testosterone and maybe winstrol or Anavar to help harden up.

Edit….I zoomed in. He looks natty, shoulders aren’t huge, not a a ton of definition.
For context, this is what he looked like in an interview on November of last year.

GQ1222_White_D_09.jpg

Dude, I think you and I are the same person.

Side note, I'd say 60-75% of my streaming these days is Hulu.
The second episode of This Fool had me. When the ex con searches for his old homies for a throw down. The acting isn't great by the lead. And some of the bits go a bit long. But the supporting cast and the moments of absolute gut busting laughs makes up for it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT