ADVERTISEMENT

The BIG Network's love fest with OSU and Oregon

GunnerHawk

HB All-American
Mar 16, 2014
Everyday they get significant coverage.

Sad that the two teams who have bolstered their rosters the most with bulging NIL pocket books, gets all the accolades. OSU brought in star power from the portal and retained key NFL prospects with a reported NIL war chest of $20 million. Oregon brings in Gabriel from Oklahoma and UCLA's young QB plus other parts from the dismantling of the PAC 10.

Add in that OSU brings in head coach from UCLA to run their offense.

Hope they both crash and burn this year, unfortunately they probably won't.

Animated GIF

Sad that the two teams who have bolstered their rosters the most with bulging NIL pocket books, gets all the accolades. OSU brought in star power from the portal and retained key NFL prospects with a reported NIL war chest of $20 million. Oregon brings in Gabriel from Oklahoma and UCLA's young QB plus other parts from the dismantling of the PAC 10.

It is what it is. The marquee teams have always received marquee billing. When was Ohio State NOT the big dog in this league?

Reactions: kceasthawk
They’re the two top dogs in the league. You really want them giving the same amount of coverage to those two teams as Rutgers?
Oregon hasn't even played a Big Ten game yet. Let's slow down here. Changing conferences and adjusting to the style of play is not easy. Unless they plan on making the rest of the Big Ten change their style of play for them. Worked well for Scott Frost.

Reactions: Beattheohiostate
Oregon hasn't even played a Big Ten game yet. Let's slow down here. Changing conferences and adjusting to the style of play is not easy. Unless they plan on making the rest of the Big Ten change their style of play for them. Worked well for Scott Frost.
While true that they are brand new to the league, you'd be hard pressed to find a preseason ranking that doesn't list them in their top 5. On a cursery glance all I saw was top 3. This ain't Frosty's Fuskers we're talking about here.

Oregon does go to Wisconsin and Michigan in November. That high flying passing game may struggle in the cold.

I think USC and Oregon will struggle more than talking heads believe.

Also I don’t think Gabriel is good but not great. Just my opinion of course.

While true that they are brand new to the league, you'd be hard pressed to find a preseason ranking that doesn't list them in their top 5. On a cursery glance all I saw was top 3. This ain't Frosty's Fuskers we're talking about here.
Sure. And Florida State was #10 . . . and Georgia Tech was unranked . . . but GT beat FSU. Oooops. :)

They’re the two top dogs in the league. You really want them giving the same amount of coverage to those two teams as Rutgers?
The funny thing is that Rutgers actually is getting a lot of love this season. I mean not OSU, put way more then normal. Based both off the job Schiano is doing in his rebirth there, and they have the easiest schedule in the league compared to what they used to face in the east. No OSU, Michigan or PSU on their schedule this year. They think they've died and gone to heaven in Piscataway..

I think USC and Oregon will struggle more than talking heads believe.

Also I don’t think Gabriel is good but not great. Just my opinion of course.
I agree on USC, Wash, and UCLA will have some hurdles. I'd pick the Ducks as the 2nd best team right now.

I noticed that it makes me want 🤮 it’s sad but true

What you’re forgetting is that the Big Ten crew went on the road and saw every team practice. They are saying the defenses for both Ohio St and Oregon are stacked. Not to mention Dylan Gabriel may hold the record for starts as a college player by the end of this season. They have a very good team, and don’t forget Nebraska was in the conference championship game like their first year or two when they entered the conference. This Oregon team will be better than that Nebraska team.

The funny thing is that Rutgers actually is getting a lot of love this season. I mean not OSU, put way more then normal. Based both off the job Schiano is doing in his rebirth there, and they have the easiest schedule in the league compared to what they used to face in the east. No OSU, Michigan or PSU on their schedule this year. They think they've died and gone to heaven in Piscataway..

Well I don’t think Rutgers was dogshit, they just were in the East. I’m not sure Wisconsin or Iowa were beating OSU, Michigan, and Penn State all every year or even once. We saw what happened when the East played the West every year in the conference championship. The only time it was close was when Iowa lost at the end to Michigan St.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT