ADVERTISEMENT

The Bowls aren't done yet!

SIAP - son says Ohio St has 25 on their roster not participating for various reasons. They have lost at least 3 more during the game....and their defense was suspect to begin with.

SIAP - son says Ohio St has 25 on their roster not participating for various reasons. They have lost at least 3 more during the game....and their defense was suspect to begin with.

How many Utes aren't playing for various reasons?

Stroud is going to be a heck of a QB next year. The battle between he and Young for the top awards should be interesting

Get to see FSU de-commit Luke Altmeyer
Really do hate that for Corrall, I like the way the kid plays, unfortunate injury

Reactions: NDallasRuss
And rightly so. This game is meaningless. The only person who benefits from a top five finish is Lane.
Why play ANY game? Why play against Vanderbilt? That is a meaningless game. What games are meaningful? The whole game of football is dying. CTE is killing the future and "opting-out" is killing the present game. I doubt there will be any football in 10-20 years. It sure won't be anything like it was 10 years ago. Kids feel they are are entitled. The whole culture feels entitled.

Why play ANY game? Why play against Vanderbilt? That is a meaningless game. What games are meaningful? The whole game of football is dying. CTE is killing the future and "opting-out" is killing the present game. I doubt there will be any football in 10-20 years. It sure won't be anything like it was 10 years ago. Kids feel they are are entitled. The whole culture feels entitled.

All ESPN cares about is the CFP. The stupid ranking shows every week the past 2 months and the semifinals are the only 2 games that have been covered the past month by them. They treat the other bowl games like they’re meaningless.

Then you have shithead Booger McFarland, on ESPN, backing up the SECs shitty bowl record by saying they won the 2 that count. So I guess those other games are meaningless to ESPN

Desmond and Kirk Herbstreit are vultures.

These kids don’t get paid. They don’t have contracts or guaranteed scholarships. Playing in a game for fifth place and risking an injury that will torpedo your draft status is dumb.

Desmond and Kirk are just pissed because their large paychecks depend on ratings for those meaningless bowl games.

I admire the guy as well. I also recognize that he likely cost himself 7-8 digits worth.
He’s been carted off the field twice this year, and now has a serious knee injury. It’s at least seven digits.

Desmond and Kirk Herbstreit are vultures.

These kids don’t get paid. They don’t have contracts or guaranteed scholarships. Playing in a game for fifth place and risking an injury that will torpedo your draft status is dumb.

Desmond and Kirk are just pissed because their large paychecks depend on ratings for those meaningless bowl games.
Which games are "meaningful?" What is the process for determining the "meaningful" games and the "meaningless" games? Why not opt-out halfway through the season?

Desmond and Herbstreit played football and they played every game they possibly could. I have no doubt that ESPN, and any corporate sports media, has a vested interest in the way the product looks and how well it sells.

But, it's total bullshit to try and push this idea that you shouldn't play in bowl games. It's just going to help ruin the game. And, the game is well on its way to ruin. As I said, CTE is going to kill the roots of the tree, eventually.

Which games are "meaningful?" What is the process for determining the "meaningful" games and the "meaningless" games? Why not opt-out halfway through the season?

Desmond and Herbstreit played football and they played every game they possibly could. I have no doubt that ESPN, and any corporate sports media, has a vested interest in the way the product looks and how well it sells.

But, it's total bullshit to try and push this idea that you shouldn't play in bowl games. It's just going to help ruin the game. And, the game is well on its way to ruin. As I said, CTE is going to kill the roots of the tree, eventually.
I've wondered this too, everyone seems to only care about saying bowls are meaningless. If bowls are meaningless though, then why not every draftable player opt out after his team's second loss of the season? You aren't making the playoff at that point so therefore all the rest of your games are meaningless.

Reactions: strummingram

There is a national championship. If you’re not in the Playoff, you’re not playing for it. Once the Playoff is set, all of the other games are meaningless. The regular season is over, and you’re not in the playoffs. Where does that leave you?

Kirk didn’t have anything to lose. He wasn’t going to play in the NFL. He’s a hack who made a career off of amateur athletics and fan-driven content.

I've wondered this too, everyone seems to only care about saying bowls are meaningless. If bowls are meaningless though, then why not every draftable player opt out after his team's second loss of the season? You aren't making the playoff at that point so therefore all the rest of your games are meaningless.
Because the NFL likes recent tape and missing almost an entire season has the same effect as a season ending injury. The issue with bowl games is their timing relative to the draft.

Reactions: funksouljon
Altmeyer is not terrible...has a strong arm and moves well in the pocket..He could turn out to be a heck of a QB if he stays with Lane ( Arch might create a transfer situation as I bet a "promise" to start is in all his offers)

Reactions: mnole03
Altmeyer is not terrible...has a strong arm and moves well in the pocket..He could turn out to be a heck of a QB if he stays with Lane ( Arch might create a transfer situation as I bet a "promise" to start is in all his offers)
I like him. If Arch goes there we should go hard at him.

Reactions: NoleinATL
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT