ADVERTISEMENT

The Detroit Lions are 0-8-1

I won't question whether Detroit is a good football team now because they are.

I DO question whether they are deep enough to challenge the best in the NFL over the course of an entire season and playoffs.

Of course that's the catch with any NFL team in September. We know you're great now. But will you be in January?
If they stay healthy they absolutely are. That D is nasty and their OL is legit.

If they stay healthy they absolutely are. That D is nasty and their OL is legit.

Now more than ever, that's the key to success in the NFL. Staying healthy - and if you can't (see SF 49'ers the past few years) having quality depth to replace injured stars.

You don't just need 53 guys any more, you really need 60+. And I've seen people here in preseason ask why teams invite 90 guys to camps...THAT is why. You're probably going to need some of those "last cuts" types at some point - either players you had in camp or other teams' cuts.

Reactions: Old_wrestling_fan
Yep, I seem to recall he replaced Joe Philbin (ex Iowa assistant early in Ferentz era) and did a pretty good job holding the team together.

Campbell has done a helluva job in Detroit. Pretty obvious the players are buying into his methods and personality.

Good memory. I had forgotten about that guy. That was a monumentally dysfunctional front office and coaching staff. There was so much drama between the GM, the head coach and the salary cap lady.

Detroit will get another W against the team from Tampa a couple blocks away from Ford Field starting in about 45 mins

College football>NHL>NFL
No way. Until this last year or so, i would have had flipped college football in the middle.

With the NIL back up the brinks truck pay for play and transfer portal mess college football has, i may as well watch the NFL. Currently i would go NHL>NFL>College Football.

I would put premier league soccer ahead of NFL by a little also.

Last edited:
It most likely would not have mattered, but WTF were the Bucs doing at the end of the game (and, for that matter, WTF were the Lions doing)?

After the late INT, Detroit snapped the ball on 3rd down & Goff took a knee at the TB 31, with 36 seconds left on the clock. Tampa had a timeout left, but chose to bring it home with them, shake hands with the Lions, and wish them well. What the hell? Call timeout, and make their kicker make a 49 yard FG to put the game away. If he does so, then you just clock it after the KO & go home. But for crying out loud, if he misses you have the effing ball on your 39 yard line with 30 seconds left. With one sideline completion for 10 yards, you've got a couple of cracks at a Hail Mary from midfield.

Absolutely inexplicable on the Bucs part (it was also terrible clock management by Detroit, who snapped the ball on 2nd and 3rd downs with 10+ seconds left on the play clock).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT