ADVERTISEMENT

The Double Standard of Anti-Semitism

I think you're correct here. At least among most people. However, it's a bit pathetic, though not surprising, to see these students protesting what's "going on" in Gaza. First of all, nobody except Hamas, the Palestinians and the Israelis truly know the situation. And perhaps our government and military heads. Secondly, this is urban, guerrilla warfare. It comes with a guarantee that many, many innocent people will die.
Yeah, it's a mystery.

image770x420cropped.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: Ree4
frankly im sick and tired of the hand wringing from a certain portion of people on the left about Israel/palestine. it’s a terrible situation but it’s one that both had a hand in creating yet they are only blaming Israel

all those morons can move to gaza when they end up getting trump elected.

Oh, wow. A UN "housing rights expert" doesn't like urban warfare. Again, explain that picture, Belem. Why were those buildings destroyed?

Reactions: hawkedoff
Sometimes I think you're just a dedicated troll.
Then in others you make it perfectly clear you're just a dumbass.
And yet…here you are…deflecting and excusing blatant bigotry. So weird.

Because I remember you pretending to be very upset after Charlottesville. I was right there with you. Fighting hatred and bigotry! So I started this thread and knew you’d be here to join me in calling out the bigots once again. But I turn and see you here…defending them and their gross behavior. Something happened to you since then. I hope you’re able to find that place again…where you don’t like racist bigots…and we can call them out together again. Godspeed.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
And yet…here you are…deflecting and excusing blatant bigotry. So weird.

Because I remember you pretending to be very upset after Charlottesville. I was right there with you. Fighting hatred and bigotry! So I started this thread and knew you’d be here to join me in calling out the bigots once again. But I turn and see you here…defending them and their gross behavior. Something happened to you since then. I hope you’re able to find that place again…where you don’t like racist bigots…and we can call them out together again. Godspeed.
No one is deflecting you knob.
No one on this board is pro-hamas.
Everyone is fine with Israel killing hama fighters.
Half of us are not fine with killing 15000+ children and 8000+ women.

Now go back to sniffing glue.

This thread is about college students who are cheering on Hamas and violence towards Jews. And how Ivy League Presidents are perfectly fine with it.

And your first post was “With the right if you are against killing palestinians you're automatically pro-hamas.
And if you think that Israel is committing war crimes you're an anti-semite.
They know it's garbage, but they think they have a winner with it.”

But no. You’re not deflecting.

• Haha
Reactions: Tom Paris
This thread is about college students who are cheering on Hamas and violence towards Jews. And how Ivy League Presidents are perfectly fine with it.

And your first post was “With the right if you are against killing palestinians you're automatically pro-hamas.
And if you think that Israel is committing war crimes you're an anti-semite.
They know it's garbage, but they think they have a winner with it.”

But no. You’re not deflecting.
Nope, I'm accurately describing why you started the thread.
It's what you do all day long.

Reactions: Ree4 and Tom Paris
“My commitment to the safety of the Jewish people, the security of Israel, and its right to exist as an independent Jewish state is ironclad,”

Don't really want the U.S. president promoting religious based governments.

Not surprisingly, the overwhelming majority of all Jewish Israelis (98 percent) feel that Jews around the world have a birthright to make aliya (immigration to Israel with automatic Israeli citizenship). But what is striking is that 79 percent of all Jews, including 69 percent of Hilonim (secular Jews) say that Jews deserve “preferential treatment” in Israel—so much for the notion of democracy with full equal rights for all citizens.

birthright_preferential_treatment

These attitudes spell trouble for Arab citizens of Israel who constitute 20 percent of Israel’s citizens...

...the American embrace of the “Jewishness” of Israel, cannot be decoupled from the Palestinian-Israeli context, or from the overarching American demand that all states must be for all their citizens equally.

In part, this is based on the notion that the UN General Assembly (Resolution 181) recommended in 1947 dividing mandatory Palestine into an “Arab” and a “Jewish” State. In part, it’s based on the notion that the Palestinian-Israeli conflict is a political conflict that can be resolved through two states, one manifesting the self-determination of Jews as a people, and one manifesting the right of self-determination of Palestinians as a people. The two were bound together. An embrace of a Jewish state that excludes a Palestinian state defeats the principle.

If two states become impossible, America chooses democracy over Jewishness. In fact, this has been consistently reflected in American public attitudes across the political spectrum, most recently in this November 2015 poll; in the absence of a two-state solution, 72 percent of Americans would want a democratic Israel, even if it meant that Israel ceases to be a Jewish state with a Jewish majority.

391552362_2085411611796197_2175604999654678515_n.jpg

The land of Israel has been populated by the Jewish people since 2000 BC. Here's the timeline, in case you didn't realize that it is their homeland, as designated by Yahweh.
1900 BC:
- Abraham chosen by God as the Father
of the Jewish Nation.
1900 BC:
- Isaac, Abraham's son, rules over Israel.
1850 BC:
- Jacob, son of Issac, rules over Israel.
1400 BC:
- Moses leads the people out of Egypt
and back to Israel.
1010 BC:
- King David unites the 12 tribes into one
nation.
970 BC:
- King Solomon, son of David, builds the
first temple structure in Jerusalem
930 BC:
- Israel is divided into two kingdoms, the
Kingdom of Israel and the Kingdom of
Judah.
800s BC:
- The rise of the prophets, God's
messengers.
722 BC:
- Kingdom of Israel is conquered by
Assyrians.
605 BC:
- Kingdom Judah is conquered by the
Babylonians.
586 BC:
- Solomon's Temple is destroyed by the
Babylonians.
539 BC:
- Persians conquer the Babylonians and
take control of Israel.
538 BC:
- The Jews return to Israel from exile.
520 BC:
- The Temple is rebuilt.
450 BC:
- Reforms made by Ezra and Nehemiah.
433 BC:
- Malachi is the end of the prophetic
age.
432 BC:
- The last group of Jews return from
exile.
333 BC:
- The Greeks conquer the Persian
empire.
323 BC:
- The Egyptian and Syrian empire take
over Israel.
167 BC:
- Hasmonean's recapture Israel, and the
Jews are ruled independently.
70 BC:
- Romans conquer Israel.
20 BC:
- King Herod builds the "third" temple
6 BC:
- Jesus Christ is born in Bethlehem
70 AD:
- Romans destroy the temple
After that, the people were captives to the Romans, Byzantines, Arabs, and Crusaders. Through all of these events, the Jewish people continued to live in Israel. There were more or less of them, depending on the centuries, but there was never a time when the Jews didn't live in the land. They stayed, they built their communities, they raised their families, practiced their faith and they suffered at the hands of many outside rulers, but they always kept their faith. It is what sustains them, even now.
May 1948:
- the UN established the State of Israel,
the nation of Jews.
Don't buy the Palestinian lies that they are entitled to the land. It simply is not true. Yahweh will also provide a way for his chosen people to live in Israel, as He has for thousands of years.

• Love
Reactions: ClarindaA's
I drove by the protest at northwestern the other day. it was pro hamas. sadly the protestors see hamas as some virtuous freedom fighters not unlike the way morons used to do with castro.

Yea, these people are taking things to the extreme to make a point or sadly, don’t know any better. We’re a nation of blissfully ignorant fools

Again, I have seen protests...I don't trust you. Because you are constantly full of crap. Are there literally THOUSANDS of college students cheering for HAMAS or are they just pro-Palestinians? Being ignorant is okay. Willful ignorance isn't. Educate me. I looked it up and I can't tell if they are actually thousands cheering for terrorists? Again, I am on Israel's side on this...always have been. For decades. Just not a fan of killing innocents but I do understand that shit happens in wars.

I just think you might be exaggerating thousands cheering on terrorists. Especially AMERICAN students.
You are a nazi.

You are also a nazi.

Tell Hamas to surrender unconditionally. They have zero chance if winning. Tell them to surrender.

Weird how that isn't what you are calling for....because you are a nazi.

Stop being a nazi

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
T

They were here just for college. Directly from Palestine. You might doubt it but you are wrong
Actually, I was correct, nobody currently living in the West Bank would openly not support Hamas.
When your 2 imaginary friends go back to the West Bank they will live with open arms with Hamas, probably already belong.

Hamas ministry of health provide those casualty figures?
The same ministry whose numbers are used by both the Israeli and US Government? What a trash narrative. Find another shitty misinformative talking point to push.

Senior Israel officials are using the Gaza Health Ministry's death numbers internally, months after both Israel and the U.S. claimed those figures should not be trusted.

Israeli intelligence services have studied civilian casualty figures released by the Hamas-run Ministry of Health in Gaza and concluded the figures were generally accurate, despite earlier public claims by U.S. and Israeli officials that the ministry’s statistics are manipulated.

“The secret services looked at the health ministry’s collection methods and determined the numbers were generally credible, so instead of collecting their own information they decided to use the [Hamas] numbers.”

“There’s no possibility of collecting exact data in this situation but their system is generally transparent and credible,” said the Israeli official. “But only with civilian deaths, Hamas deaths simply aren’t reported.”

Reactions: billanole
Actually, I was correct, nobody currently living in the West Bank would openly not support Hamas.
When your 2 imaginary friends go back to the West Bank they will live with open arms with Hamas, probably already belong.
My imaginary friends went to Luther. And one is never going back because of Hamas and other reasons.

Actually you're wrong. I don't make up stuff to strengthen my argument. If you think someone would do that i woyld think it's because you do

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT