ADVERTISEMENT

The Elon Musk Twitter shitshow

Thats not the point of my post or the tweet. Try again…or continue to play victim with the other fanboys.

Seems like you missed the point of the original tweet.

Why do you think the vehicle that ‘stole the show’ wasn’t put on the stage, but a Chrysler EV was?

Do you genuinely believe the WH has no input on the decision to highlight union manufacturers over the best selling manufacturer with the most ‘American made’ cars?

Seems like you missed the point of the original tweet.

Why do you think the vehicle that ‘stole the show’ wasn’t put on the stage, but a Chrysler EV was?

Do you genuinely believe the WH has no input on the decision to highlight union manufacturers over the best selling manufacturer with the most ‘American made’ cars?
I didn’t miss the point, I just don’t rush to judgement without concrete evidence. It also doesn’t register as anything to get worked up over or generate conspiracy theories. There could be a number of reasons the cybertruck wasn’t on the stage for the speech portion of the event, for which I (nor you or that X user) am not privy to. Tesla was obviously in attendance and showcased. Organizers might have felt that the cybertruck would draw a big crowd, and placed it where those in attendance were better served and had access to it (not out of the way being used as backdrop). Maybe Tesla had their own marketing/booth setup specifically for their products and didn’t want to be without (or move) the truck. But feel free to provide statement from WH stating they selected based on the effort to highlight union manufacturers. Plausible as any number of scenarios.

Certainly ignore the commentary from the vice president of public relations and business development at Tesla, and stick with the ‘libs and the EPA HATE Tesla!’

Honest questions: did you watch the entire presentation ? Did you see it live? Were you even aware of it before it hit your feed? How many others do you think watched? How much of an impact do you think the cars in the background have on future EV sales?

Last edited:
Honest questions: did you watch the entire presentation ? Did you see it live? Were you even aware of it before it hit your feed? How many others do you think watched? How much of an impact do you think the cars in the background have on future EV sales?
No, no, don’t have a ‘feed’, no idea, no idea.

But I do remember this isn’t the first White House ‘snub’ of Tesla.

Here’s CNN with the ‘conspiracy theory’ a few years ago:

New York (CNN Business) President Joe Biden celebrated ambitious electric vehicles goals by automakers at the White House on Thursday. But he did so without the world's largest maker of EVs: Tesla.

Joining Biden were executives from General Motors(GM) and Ford (F), as well as Stellantis, the company formed by the merger earlier this year of Fiat Chrysler and France's PSA. But electric vehicles are only a sliver of these companies' US sales — 1.5% for GM and 1.3% for Ford so far this year, and Stellantis doesn't have any pure EVs for sale on US soil yet.

Meanwhile, Tesla (TSLA) makes nothing but battery-powered electric vehicles, and always has. So why wouldn't the world's biggest maker of EVs be invited to the table?

"Yeah, seems odd that Tesla wasn't invited," the company's CEO Elon Musk said in a tweet overnight.

One potential reason for the apparent snub: The United Auto Workers union will also be at the ceremony. The UAW represents workers at GM, Ford and Stellantis, but has been battling, so far unsuccessfully, to organize Tesla workers at the EV maker's plant in Fremont, California.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki was asked about Tesla's absence at her briefing Thursday ahead of the event.

"Well, we of course welcome the efforts of automakers who recognize the potential of an electric vehicle future and support efforts that will help reach the President's goal, and certainly Tesla is one of those companies," Psaki said. "I would not expect this is the last time we talk about clean cars and the move towards electric vehicles, and we look forward to having a range of partners in that effort."

Asked if Tesla being a nonunion company was the reason it wasn't included Thursday, Psaki replied, "Well, these are the three largest employers of the United Auto Workers, so I'll let you draw your own conclusions."

I guess you’ll need another admission from the WH to figure this one out too.

No, no, don’t have a ‘feed’, no idea, no idea.

But I do remember this isn’t the first White House ‘snub’ of Tesla.

Here’s CNN with the ‘conspiracy theory’ a few years ago:

New York (CNN Business) President Joe Biden celebrated ambitious electric vehicles goals by automakers at the White House on Thursday. But he did so without the world's largest maker of EVs: Tesla.

Joining Biden were executives from General Motors(GM) and Ford (F), as well as Stellantis, the company formed by the merger earlier this year of Fiat Chrysler and France's PSA. But electric vehicles are only a sliver of these companies' US sales — 1.5% for GM and 1.3% for Ford so far this year, and Stellantis doesn't have any pure EVs for sale on US soil yet.

Meanwhile, Tesla (TSLA) makes nothing but battery-powered electric vehicles, and always has. So why wouldn't the world's biggest maker of EVs be invited to the table?

"Yeah, seems odd that Tesla wasn't invited," the company's CEO Elon Musk said in a tweet overnight.

One potential reason for the apparent snub: The United Auto Workers union will also be at the ceremony. The UAW represents workers at GM, Ford and Stellantis, but has been battling, so far unsuccessfully, to organize Tesla workers at the EV maker's plant in Fremont, California.

White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki was asked about Tesla's absence at her briefing Thursday ahead of the event.

"Well, we of course welcome the efforts of automakers who recognize the potential of an electric vehicle future and support efforts that will help reach the President's goal, and certainly Tesla is one of those companies," Psaki said. "I would not expect this is the last time we talk about clean cars and the move towards electric vehicles, and we look forward to having a range of partners in that effort."

Asked if Tesla being a nonunion company was the reason it wasn't included Thursday, Psaki replied, "Well, these are the three largest employers of the United Auto Workers, so I'll let you draw your own conclusions."

I guess you’ll need another admission from the WH to figure this one out too.
I don’t need anything, but you should probably get something for your chapped ass. Possibly add Zofran for nausea (from spinning). Should I repost your deflector shields meme?

Reactions: BelemNole
I don’t need anything, but you should probably get something for your chapped ass. Possibly add Zofran for nausea (from spinning). Should I repost your deflector shields meme?
If you think it will get Fiji to tell me where START mentioned ‘economic coercion’, go ahead.
I’m not sure he wants to revisit the falsehoods he brought into that thread again.

If you think it will get Fiji to tell me where START mentioned ‘economic coercion’, go ahead.
I’m not sure he wants to revisit the falsehoods he brought into that thread again.
Hopefully he isn’t claiming a terrorist attack at the northern border.

Part of the story, no doubt. Big Tech loves importing cheaper labor like any other business sector.

And yet: Foreign-born residents accounted for 70% of those age 25 to 64 without a high school diploma
And yet that still doesn't prove Miller right.

ADVERTISEMENT