ADVERTISEMENT

The EPA is allowing Asbestos again! Maybe Russia needs this break!

no i am a conservative and believe most of his actions are good. It would nice if you could expand a little beyond name calling but we all have our crosses to bear
Which part is "conservative" Trade wars? Kids in cages? Wanton corruption? Nepotism and graft? Allowing russia to set our foreign policy and interfere with our elections? Rise in racism?

There are a number of products that still use it.
We know that. Thus, there was no reason or rationale to "expand it".

Unless:
  • It benefits Trump and his buds for cheaper hotel/resort construction
  • It benefits Russia
Other industries have shifted to other options.

Russia is irrelevant unless you think the amount would have even the slightest economic impact.

All it has to have "impact" on, is ONE Russian oligarch with ties and allegiance to Putin.

Keep that guy happy, and you maintain the crooked regime.

Make that guy unhappy, and he -along with others- look to overturn Putin and get someone in power who can help them.

So before I was made fun of when I said trial lawyers were a big contributer to dems. Now that I proved the claim it does not matter? It seems those two do not go together

As a con. I distrust a lot of what government says. Many times these things are overblown in the press too. Especially in this time frame
That's a really good deflection and evasion of the question.

Do you think it is a good thing to bring asbestos back into favor- be it building structures, or whatever use it had that was removed because of it being a lethal carcinogen?

As a con. I distrust a lot of what government says. Many times these things are overblown in the press too. Especially in this time frame
That's a really good deflection and evasion of the question.

Do you think it is a good thing to bring asbestos back into favor- be it building structures, or whatever use it had that was removed because of it being a lethal carcinogen?
it was not a dodge. But as much as I distrust government, I distrust our modern press even more. I guess I will wait on more conversation about what this change means

So before I was made fun of when I said trial lawyers were a big contributer to dems. Now that I proved the claim it does not matter? It seems those two do not go together
As a con, you're better off not debating anything social or political. Your current "Con" leader is tossing all of you into situations where you're posed with defending some of the worst policies and actions in the last century.

it was not a dodge. But as much as I distrust government, I distrust our modern press even more. I guess I will wait on more conversation about what this change means

I'm not government, nor am I the media. I'm asking you, directly. Do you think it is a good thing to bring asbestos back into favor- be it building structures, or whatever use it had that was removed because of it being a lethal carcinogen?

I'm not government, nor am I the media. I'm asking you, directly. Do you think it is a good thing to bring asbestos back into favor- be it building structures, or whatever use it had that was removed because of it being a lethal carcinogen?

Hey....hey.....hey........that stuff is FINE when you're building something. Makes it cheap, quick, etc.

It's when U gotta go back in and retrofit stuff in an older building, or demo a building that all the asbestos starts costing real money. And by that time, all of those costs can just fall to a city or municipality or general taxpayer.....that's just "capitalism", bro!!!:eek:

Hey....hey.....hey........that stuff is FINE when you're building something. Makes it cheap, quick, etc.

It's when U gotta go back in and retrofit stuff in an older building, or demo a building that all the asbestos starts costing real money. And by that time, all of those costs can just fall to a city or municipality or general taxpayer.....that's just "capitalism", bro!!!:eek:
Politics is a carcinogen to society. It forces people to act against their better judgment so they can follow the party line.

1. You "proved" nothing. That requires you to post evidence to support your assertion. Even middle schoolers learn to support their arguments.
2. It was in no way related to the topic of asbestos.
3. So you support President Trump loosening restrictions of a known carcinogen because "you're a conservative" who agrees with most of what he does and you don't believe the press. Do I have that correct?

Do you realize why you have been made fun of now?

Do you distrust the science that has proven asbestos is bad?
No. I also don’t distrust the science that radiation is bad, but we still use it. You have to be careful and it’s a risk/reward calc. Example: Firemen choose to wear clothing made from asbestos as an alternative to going up in flames.

No. I also don’t distrust the science that radiation is bad, but we still use it. You have to be careful and it’s a risk/reward calc. Example: Firemen choose to wear clothing made from asbestos as an alternative to going up in flames.
That's, at least, an attempt to debate without political favoritism.

Firemen are posed with extremes in their profession. Putting asbestos BACK into new homes is not the same variable.

And, as much as it pains me to say, the big face of Trump on the outside of the pallets is an excellent touch.

As a con, you're better off not debating anything social or political. Your current "Con" leader is tossing all of you into situations where you're posed with defending some of the worst policies and actions in the last century.
"worse policies and actions in last century""? Hyperbole much?

I did not dodge I answered it by saying I do not trust the media to report accurately on what's happening. I will wait to see more commentary.

1. You "proved" nothing. That requires you to post evidence to support your assertion. Even middle schoolers learn to support their arguments.
2. It was in no way related to the topic of asbestos.
3. So you support President Trump loosening restrictions of a known carcinogen because "you're a conservative" who agrees with most of what he does and you don't believe the press. Do I have that correct?

Do you realize why you have been made fun of now?
1] my point about proving something dealt with I linked something that proved trial lawyers send most of their money to dems. That's why dems vote in policies that promote more lawsuits. It nothing more than political payoffs. 2] next time read the thread 3] I answered this twice already

Meh. I put asbestos on everything.

giphy.gif

1] my point about proving something dealt with I linked something that proved trial lawyers send most of their money to dems. That's why dems vote in policies that promote more lawsuits. It nothing more than political payoffs. 2] next time read the thread 3] I answered this twice already

Ah. the LC method. State something stupid, then come back and say it was misinterpreted, or what you posted doesn't actually reflect what you believe.

So yes...you support the increased used of a known carcinogen. Because Trump wants it. And you don't trust the evil media because maybe asbestos maybe isn't that bad.

So again I say-you're a special kind of stupid. And I mean that sincerely.

Ah. the LC method. State something stupid, then come back and say it was misinterpreted, or what you posted doesn't actually reflect what you believe.

So yes...you support the increased used of a known carcinogen. Because Trump wants it. And you don't trust the evil media because maybe asbestos maybe isn't that bad.

So again I say-you're a special kind of stupid. And I mean that sincerely.
I'm sure he'll be investing in asbestos and the companies that will be installing it and removing it... again. If he's smart, he'll invest in the treatment of mesothelioma, too.

Reactions: Rudolph
That's, at least, an attempt to debate without political favoritism.

Firemen are posed with extremes in their profession. Putting asbestos BACK into new homes is not the same variable.

And, as much as it pains me to say, the big face of Trump on the outside of the pallets is an excellent touch.
There is no political favoritism one way or the other— I think both sides suck. This is about the truth and bringing light to blatant misinformation. You know the same thing the left blamed the right of doing during the election (via Russia) and now the left is doing it. The fact if the matter is asbestos is already in new homes and cars, albeit in more limited quantities. No one is saying to bring it back and let’s insulate homes with it like we did 30 years ago yet that’s how it’s being reported.

No one is saying to bring it back and let’s insulate homes with it like we did 30 years ago yet that’s how it’s being reported.
Really? No one is saying that? No one is calling for the substance to be used more than it has been? If that were the case, then why lift the regulation?

Trump transcends politics and has literally divided America into aware and unaware. It's detached from reality and blind faith, or "wait a minute! this is bad!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT