ADVERTISEMENT

The Hill: Harris says she would appoint a Republican to her Cabinet

Morrison71

HB Legend
Nov 10, 2006
Vice President Harris said Thursday she would look to appoint a Republican to a Cabinet position if she wins the presidency in November.

"I've got 68 days to go with this election, so I'm not putting the cart before the horse," Harris told CNN's Dana Bash. "But I would, I think. I think it's really important."

Harris, who sat down with CNN for her first interview since becoming President Biden ended his campaign, told Bash that having a GOP official in her Cabinet would help her fulfill her pledge to be a president for all Americans. She did not name any individuals she would consider.

"I think it's important to have people at the table — when some of the most important decisions are being made — that have different views, different experiences," Harris said. "And I think it would be to the benefit of the American public to have a member of my Cabinet who was a Republican."

Vice President Harris said Thursday she would look to appoint a Republican to a Cabinet position if she wins the presidency in November.

"I've got 68 days to go with this election, so I'm not putting the cart before the horse," Harris told CNN's Dana Bash. "But I would, I think. I think it's really important."

Harris, who sat down with CNN for her first interview since becoming President Biden ended his campaign, told Bash that having a GOP official in her Cabinet would help her fulfill her pledge to be a president for all Americans. She did not name any individuals she would consider.

"I think it's important to have people at the table — when some of the most important decisions are being made — that have different views, different experiences," Harris said. "And I think it would be to the benefit of the American public to have a member of my Cabinet who was a Republican."
No biggie. Trump will appoint a true democrat in Tulsi Gabbard.

• Haha
Reactions: BelemNole
oh but just last week Kamala was saying that we shouldn't elect Republicans and that their policies were bad

more Kamala flip flopping

Who would be the likely Republican?

Offer SecDef to Lindsey Graham?

What’s a likely person/spot?

Who would be the likely Republican?

Offer SecDef to Lindsey Graham?

What’s a likely person/spot?
Susan Collin’s would be great for The Dems, it would free up that senate seat. But I don’t think that would actually happen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT