ADVERTISEMENT

The Iowa Baseball team showed Minny what a Fair Catch Looks like

Can't we just let it go? There is no point in to cry about the Fair Catch call 6 months after.
Never! Phuque the Gophers every day in every way. Maybe Fran can work the “fair catch” into his offense. The Goofs stole one that Fall afternoon…never let those bastards forget it was stolen!

Can't we just let it go? There is no point in to cry about the Fair Catch call 6 months after.
The "Fainting Irish" cheated Iowa out of an upset of the #1 team in the country--twice--in the early 1950s under Evy. No Iowa fan should ever forget it. The fair catch should live in infamy as well because it (1) cost Iowa Floyd of Rosedale and (2) was one of the most inscrutable calls in college football history. Disinterested but expert parties all over the country agreed.

So feel free to forget about it and avoid reading posts about it. As for me, I'll remember--if you don't mind, of course.

Reactions: sober_teacher

c7624b9bd154e4899a691bdee4a89a89.jpg

Can't ever let it go!! Especially with the boat rower in charge up there. He's beyond being a jerk! He knows they literally stole that game. He's desperate against Iowa to win in any way possible. Besides the clowns who else uses that stupid chant...who hates Iowa...
We can never beat them enough in anything.

Can't ever let it go!! Especially with the boat rower in charge up there. He's beyond being a jerk! He knows they literally stole that game. He's desperate against Iowa to win in any way possible. Besides the clowns who else uses that stupid chant...who hates Iowa...
We can never beat them enough in anything.

PJ and his wife slept with Floyd, too!

let it go lol...yeah Iowa fan's have short memorys for bogus call's and love the small gopher fan base

That's one of the most incomprehensible calls made following a review I've ever seen in my life. I could understand making that call during the play. But to do so following a review, and then to double-down by saying it wasn't visible from the field but was from above the field...to overturn a call when you literally admit two different camera angles showed you two different things - which ought to be the exact opposite of clear and obvious, indisputable (or whatever the standard is called today).

That return ought to have become the stuff of Iowa lore...in a good way. Instead, it's become infamous - especially since we all knew offense would be hard-pressed to gain even 25 yards to kick a winning field goal.

Reactions: BurgHawk87
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT