ADVERTISEMENT

The Latest Wingnut Defense of Trump

Nov 28, 2010
Maryland
Trump couldn't have incited the assault on the Capitol because the FBI says it was planned in advance. How can you incite something that's already planned?

This is the argument offered just now by some guy on EuroNews who I think is a talk radio host here in the US, but I'm not positive of that.

What do you think?

Well, considering Trump had been denying and fighting the election results for months, had said previously countless times that the only way he could lose was via fraud, etc. These aren't mutually exclusive.

Trump had been feeding his base a web of lies for months, his speech on January 6th just ignited the fire.

"If you defeat Rommel's plan, you have defeated Rommel." - Patton

Or as Liz Cheney said, "The President of the United States summoned this mob, assembled the mob, and lit the flame of this attack. Everything that followed was his doing. None of this would have happened without the President. "

Trump couldn't have incited the assault on the Capitol because the FBI says it was planned in advance. How can you incite something that's already planned?

This is the argument offered just now by some guy on EuroNews who I think is a talk radio host here in the US, but I'm not positive of that.

What do you think?
Well it started like 20 minutes before he said anything. I'm not sure anybody needs talk radio to figure that out. Also, security new the risks a day before and refused to address it. Something should have been anticipated.

That's consistent with their argument from the start, "He didn't specifically, that morning, say to go storm the Capitol Building."

No. But he spent four years laying the groundwork by claiming our elections are rigged, six month specifically saying if he lost the election must be rigged, and two months absolutely screaming that the election had been stolen from him. This wasn't about one "fiery speech." It was about months and years of agitating the mob.

Well, that's just false.
No it's a fact day of. If you want to say his rhetoric post election helped incite it, you might have more merit. Of course, then you'd also have to come out in opposition to all of the media and democratic leaders supporting riots all summer. Your call.

No it's a fact day of. If you want to say his rhetoric post election helped incite it, you might have more merit. Of course, then you'd also have to come out in opposition to all of the media and democratic leaders supporting riots all summer. Your call.
Trump spoke at 11:50. Per all the media I can find the initial clashes began at around 1:10pm.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/n...electoral-college-stolen-election/6568305002/

Please provide time stamped photo/video evidence, otherwise I am going with what has been reported.

Reactions: hawkbirch
Trump spoke at 11:50. Per all the media I can find the initial clashes began at around 1:10pm.

https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/n...electoral-college-stolen-election/6568305002/

Please provide time stamped photo/video evidence, otherwise I am going with what has been reported.

Yes, while protestors started gathering around 12:30, it was 1:10 when Trump sent them to the Capitol. That's when they started streaming over there. At 1:30 the police started to retreat. At 2:00 they started trying to break in. At 2:10 they first breached.

So the speech ended at 1:20, things started getting nasty at 1:30.

But these guys already have "alternative facts."

Reactions: mstp1992
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT