ADVERTISEMENT

Time to Start Drinking the Black & Gold Kool-Aid

Health at the right positions and growth on the O line and there’s no reason they couldn’t be undefeated in the regular season.
So, the same for most teams? Biggest reason for Iowa optimism is the cake walk non conf (same as every season) and avoiding tOSU and Michigan.

I only replied to be the first post on page 2. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk
Most Iowa fans are hypocrites and delusional about the state of and position of Iowa football in the bigten and in college football.
Generalization without context, but sounds like you’re projecting.

Your team is nothing special and your coaches and players have character flaws just like every other team.
0 context provided, but yeah all humans have character flaws to include football players and coaches - nothing new there Nostradamus. Having the longest tenured coach, Kinnick stadium, The Wave, and a program that that consistently does more with less may not qualify as “special” to you, but it easily sets the program apart and are reasonable attributes to be proud of.
Iowa fans have never dealt with the real reasons they hate Nebraska football in an honest manner.
Another wild generalization/assumption. I don’t hate Nebraska football. The disdain for Nebraska stems from the delusion and arrogance of your program and fan base, particularly the weirdos like yourself who come here before 7am on a Sunday. If you guys return to national relevance or even win a bowl game your program will garner more respect again. As it stands, the days of Nebraska dominance are ~30 years ago.
You get crap replies as you’re mostly a crap fan base.
Another generalization. Message board fans do not equate to real fans; this holds true across all fanbases. I’ve had a great time in Lincoln and had mostly positive conversation and interactions with Nebraska fans. Have you ever actually tried to have a real conversation not through a screen with Iowa fans? And if so, did you approach it in the same manner as this response? If so I can see why you probably haven’t had a positive experience.
Iowa fans are entitled to believe this year is the year something great happens at Iowa, but some Iowa fan has been saying it for 60 plus years, so I suppose you’re bound to guess correct one of these seasons.
The college football landscape is a whole new world. Most rational Iowa fans know it’s very unlikely to win a national championship, especially with the expansion of the playoff system. We simply don’t have the level of athletes across the board nor the money to compete with the powerhouses. “Something great” is a relative term. Winning the BIG, competing in the playoffs, etc. would constitute a great season IMO. Nebraska hasn’t won a championship in ~30 years and got beat 70 to 31 10+ years ago in their lone BIG championship game. Perhaps it’s time for Nebraska to manage expectations of what a “great season” is in the new era of college football; like you said though if Nebraska fans keep saying this is the year every year, they’re bound to guess correct one of these seasons….or not.
Nebraska fans act like any other fan base would with our history
Minnesota, Yale, Princeton, & Harvard have entered the chat…
hell, Iowa fans act like their team is Alabama
No…
only the actual team hasn’t finished in the top five in 60 plus years.
Nebraska was vastly superior to Iowa nearly every season from 1962-2001 while playing in a better conference, was as good or better than Iowa most seasons 2002-2014 and has sucked since 2015 (still beat Iowa in 2022).
Numerous top 10 finishes in that timespan and good to great seasons - 60 years is significantly older than me so tough to get too wrapped up in the programs my parents and grandparents watched.
“Vastly superior” and “better conference” are not quantifiable and are purely opinionated responses. LOL at beating Iowa in 2022 and the second worst offense in the country, but I guess in a year when you lost to Georgia Southern at home and miss the postseason again you gotta find the moral victories.

Whew, what a recap. So you provided no real football x’s or o’s, schemes, players, coaching, etc. in your response and just complained about the Iowa program and fans the entire time and touted your superiority complex.

Good luck this season, who’s your starting QB? How’s the OL coming together?

Last edited:

0 context provided, but yeah all humans have character flaws to include football players and coaches - nothing new there Nostradamus. Having the longest tenured coach, Kinnick stadium, The Wave, and a program that that consistently does more with less may not qualify as “special” to you, but it easily sets the program apart and are reasonable attributes to be proud of.

Another wild generalization/assumption. I don’t hate Nebraska football. The disdain for Nebraska stems from the delusion and arrogance of your program and fan base, particularly the weirdos like yourself who come here before 7am on a Sunday. If you guys return to national relevance or even win a bowl game your program will garner more respect again. As it stands, the days of Nebraska dominance are ~30 years ago.

Another generalization. Message board fans do not equate to real fans; this holds true across all fanbases. I’ve had a great time in Lincoln and had mostly positive conversation and interactions with Nebraska fans. Have you ever actually tried to have a real conversation not through a screen with Iowa fans? And if so, did you approach it in the same manner as this response? If so I can see why you probably haven’t had a positive experience.

The college football landscape is a whole new world. Most rational Iowa fans know it’s very unlikely to win a national championship, especially with the expansion of the playoff system. We simply don’t have the level of athletes across the board nor the money to compete with the powerhouses. “Something great” is a relative term. Winning the BIG, competing in the playoffs, etc. would constitute a great season IMO. Nebraska hasn’t won a championship in ~30 years and got beat 70 to 31 10+ years ago in their lone BIG championship game. Perhaps it’s time for Nebraska to manage expectations of what a “great season” is in the new era of college football; like you said though if Nebraska fans keep saying this is the year every year, they’re bound to guess correct one of these seasons….or not.

No…

Numerous top 10 finishes in that timespan and good to great seasons - 60 years is significantly older than me so tough to get too wrapped up in the programs my parents and grandparents watched.
“Vastly superior” and “better conference” are not quantifiable and are purely opinionated responses. LOL at beating Iowa in 2022 and the second worst offense in the country, but I guess in a year when you lost to Georgia Southern at home and miss the postseason again you gotta find the moral victories.

Whew, what a recap. So you provided no real football x’s or o’s, schemes, players, coaching, etc. in your response and just complained about the Iowa program and fans the entire time and touted your superiority complex.

Where to start:

Iowa football is nothing special nationally, but Iowa fans have as much right as any fan base to be “proud” of their team, warts and all.

Nebraska was one of the best teams year in and year out from 1962-2001 in equal to or better than conferences than the bigten in that time frame. There are verifiable stats to prove it.

Minnesota, Yale, Princeton, & Harvard haven’t been relevant for at least 60 plus years. Nebraska was still playing for conference championships and competing at a high level (8-10 win seasons most years) through 2014.

Nebraska won a conference championship and finished in the top 5 in 1999, the only other bigten west team to do that post 1960 is Wisconsin also 1999.

Yes, my post had some opinions many that have factual support.

Sims starting QB, like any team, who knows how it will work out. Also like any team, the OL is a question mark until they actually get on the field. Iowa fans were at least as optimistic last season as this season, so Iowa fans as much as anyone should realize how dangerous getting too hyped too early can be.

• Haha
Where to start:

Iowa football is nothing special nationally, but Iowa fans have as much right as any fan base to be “proud” of their team, warts and all.

Nebraska was one of the best teams year in and year out from 1962-2001 in equal to or better than conferences than the bigten in that time frame. There are verifiable stats to prove it.

Minnesota, Yale, Princeton, & Harvard haven’t been relevant for at least 60 plus years. Nebraska was still playing for conference championships and competing at a high level (8-10 win seasons most years) through 2014.

Nebraska won a conference championship and finished in the top 5 in 1999, the only other bigten west team to do that post 1960 is Wisconsin also 1999.

Yes, my post had some opinions many that have factual support.

Sims starting QB, like any team, who knows how it will work out. Also like any team, the OL is a question mark until they actually get on the field. Iowa fans were at least as optimistic last season as this season, so Iowa fans as much as anyone should realize how dangerous getting too hyped too early can be.
2001 was 22 years ago. Talk about living in the past!
8-10 wins for Nebraska is "competing at a high level", but 8-10 wins for Iowa is nothing special according to you. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣. And how many 8-10 win seasons has Nebraska had since 2014 (you know.....the here and now)? How about Iowa?

2001 was 22 years ago. Talk about living in the past!
8-10 wins for Nebraska is "competing at a high level", but 8-10 wins for Iowa is nothing special according to you. 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣. And how many 8-10 win seasons has Nebraska had since 2014 (you know.....the here and now)? How about Iowa?
Nebraska 1-0 over Iowa #liveherenow.

8-10 wins a season is very good and I’ve never posted different, Iowa has been very good 2015-2022 which coincidentally is the same time Nebraska has been historically bad.

Pre 2015 Iowa trended closer to the 7-8 win season which is still good. Iowa teams that Iowa fans consider great in the 2000s folded when they played superior teams and therefore never finished top 5.

• Haha
Most Iowa fans are hypocrites and delusional about the state of and position of Iowa football in the bigten and in college football.
Your team is nothing special and your coaches and players have character flaws just like every other team.
Iowa fans have never dealt with the real reasons they hate Nebraska football in an honest manner.
Iowa fans are entitled to believe this year is the year something great happens at Iowa, but some Iowa fan has been saying it for 60 plus years, so I suppose you’re bound to guess correct one of these seasons.
Nebraska fans act like any other fan base would with our history, hell, Iowa fans act like their team is Alabama only the actual team hasn’t finished in the top five in 60 plus years.
Nebraska was vastly superior to Iowa nearly every season from 1962-2001 while playing in a better conference, was as good or better than Iowa most seasons 2002-2014 and has sucked since 2015 (still beat Iowa in 2022).
In Your glory years, you played in the Little 8. The only team that you needed to beat was Okie. KSU was the worst program in the country. Then Colorado joined and they messed up your party. Texas joined and that really put a crimp in your jig. Since joining the BIG,you have been a non factor. You've gone thru coaches like a roadie goes thru women backstage.Get in your De Lorean and relive the 90's.

Nebraska 1-0 over Iowa #liveherenow.

8-10 wins a season is very good and I’ve never posted different, Iowa has been very good 2015-2022 which coincidentally is the same time Nebraska has been historically bad.

Pre 2015 Iowa trended closer to the 7-8 win season which is still good. Iowa teams that Iowa fans consider great in the 2000s folded when they played superior teams and therefore never finished top 5.
So you admit Iowa is good and Nebraska is bad. Good to know!

So you admit Iowa is good and Nebraska is bad. Good to know!
I’ve never posted anything other than Nebraska has sucked since 2015 and that has corresponded with Iowa being good to very good, except for the a$$ kicking Neb put on Iowas defense last season.

Nebraska fans act like any other fan base would with our history, hell, Iowa fans act like their team is Alabama only the actual team hasn’t finished in the top five in 60 plus years.

Dude I saw a post where you said Ghost of Homer was one of the few intelligent, honest fans on here and a couple posts above you laughed at his positive post…WTH!

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
I’ve never posted anything other than Nebraska has sucked since 2015 and that has corresponded with Iowa being good to very good, except for the a$$ kicking Neb put on Iowas defense last season.

Aahhh they haven’t been very good for 20 years really nor in the Big10 since 2011! Do you want me to post your Big 10 scores again?

• Haha
Roflmao!!!!!!!!!!

When Iowa is "good to very good" it's only because Nebraska has sucked.

Never mind all the other games fellas...our only barometer being good is now based on NeBrAsKa's season!!!

Bwaaaahaaahhhaaaaa

When Iowa is "good to very good" it's only because Nebraska has sucked. Can’t argue with it since it’s factually correct. The barometer for Nebraska is that should beat Iowa most seasons like they did from the late 70s to 2014. Damn he kicked my teeth in again.

Therein lies the singular obsession with this idiot.... Nebraska can ONLY be good if Iowa is bad.

Like an "onward Christian soldier"... hogluver is doing his part by infiltrating the enemy forum!!!!!!

Bwaaaaaahaha!!!!!!!!

• Haha
@HogLovinHawkeye

Far from it….

2011…
Beat Iowa.
2012….beat Iowa
2014…..beat Iowa

Vs….

No not at all….

2011…

Wisconsin…….17-48
Sub.500 NW…25-28
Michigan……17-45

2012….

Ohio st….38-63
Wiscy……31-70

2013….

Minne….23-34
MSU…..28-41
Iowa…17-38

2014…..

MSU…22-27
Wiscy..24-59
Minne again…24-28

And man Wisconsin has absolutely dominated u guys!

Ouch, this is when you were good LMAO!

• Haha
@HogLovinHawkeye

Far from it….

2011…
Beat Iowa.
2012….beat Iowa
2014…..beat Iowa

Vs….

No not at all….

2011…

Wisconsin…….17-48
Sub.500 NW…25-28
Michigan……17-45

2012….

Ohio st….38-63
Wiscy……31-70

2013….

Minne….23-34
MSU…..28-41
Iowa…17-38

2014…..

MSU…22-27
Wiscy..24-59
Minne again…24-28

• Haha
@HogLovinHawkeye

Far from it….

2011…
Beat Iowa.
2012….beat Iowa
2014…..beat Iowa

Vs….

No not at all….

2011…

Wisconsin…….17-48
Sub.500 NW…25-28
Michigan……17-45

2012….

Ohio st….38-63
Wiscy……31-70

2013….

Minne….23-34
MSU…..28-41
Iowa…17-38

2014…..

MSU…22-27
Wiscy..24-59
Minne again…24-28

• Haha
@HogLovinHawkeye

Except for these games…,

2011…
Beat Iowa.
2012….beat Iowa
2014…..beat Iowa

Vs….

No not at all….

2011…

Wisconsin…….17-48
Sub.500 NW…25-28
Michigan……17-45

2012….

Ohio st….38-63
Wiscy……31-70

2013….

Minne….23-34
MSU…..28-41
Iowa…17-38

2014…..

MSU…22-27
Wiscy..24-59
Minne again…24-28

I’m adding this for the Iowa fans who don’t really care or pay attention to Nebraska at all!

29 times since 2000 Nebraska has been blown out by 3Tds to Big12 & Big 10 foes…They lost to Texas Tech once 10 to 70…wow!!

• Haha
My goodness did anyone else realize how poor Nebbie has been since the late 90s. We have The Hog Humper to thank for this enlightenment!

Reactions: shudaddy
coach Pelini cruised into the big2 little 8 (bigten) and owned the little 8 except for Wisconsin and beat every team they played at least once. I wish I could follow my advice, but he owns me. I’m getting sssoooooo mad.

Nebraska fan kicked my a$$, but rest assured I’ll come back for more. He wins and gets the last word on every type of social media. We suck.

The statistical anomaly of Nebraska beating Iowa should move back to correction soon and Iowa can expect several more years of dominion over the Huskers.

If Hogluver agrees, he will alter this post.

Here is what we have learned since the Hog Humper has showed up….

From 1970 until 2000, Nebraska was a powerhouse. The best of the best!

Then in 2001 things got dicey when 10-0 Nebbie got trucked by 10-3 Colorado 36-62…

The next year they went 7-7, losing 3 games by 3 tds, one to 7-7 Iowa St 14-36 and things have never been the same…

They proceeded to lose games by 3 plus TDS @ an alarming rate to 29 Big 12 & Big 10 foes, proving they’ve been poor in both conferences…

Then In 2011 they joined the Big 10 expecting to dominate. In fact until Hog Humper showed up derailing every thread with his obsession most of us thought they did ok…

When in reality after investigating as a result of his obtuseness, Pelini got rocked many games. Once to 8-5 Iowa 17-38 which would have let Nebraska be 10-3 had they just won! @ home nonetheless!

Nebraska has actually been a major disappointment to their fan base the last 2 decades. Especially considering their awesome success the prior 30.

We’ve also learned because of Nebraska’s awesomeness had they had the success they had recently with the criminals they employed in the 90s they’d have been in lots of trouble because they were so relevant!

Iowa on the other hand it is ok they had criminals because we aren’t relevant & assumedly Nebraska can now too, because they also haven’t been relevant since 2001…

We BOTH are irrelevant and may always be now!

He is so upset about it he is here to remind us how irrelevant we both our.

And since he is so obsessed with Nebraska and Iowa he isn’t aware, most fan bases are extremely similar when it gets right down to it…

But damn it thats not what he wants t be true!!

Sound right ?

Last edited:
cmhawks99 said:
coach Pelini cruised into the big2 little 8 (bigten) & got smoked many times by 3 TDS especially by Wisconsin!

Shockingly Nebraska fans have become so complacent they are ok beating a team at least once but not very concerned about losing 2 or 3 conference games!

Is this true, what an effing loser. My Lord!!
It's true.

One only needs to search @Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus on the national board. He maintains a bunch of spam handles over there too including his hogluver handle. Rubbie got shown the door here some time ago on this board but he can't stay away.

If a new handle anti-Iowa spam handle springs up, 95 percent of the time, it's him....and @HogLovinHawkeye sooo does not want you to know that. His go to is "there's tons of fans that hate Iowa"...."your paranoid, Nebraska has wrecked you fools"....blah blah blah ...we all know it's him.

Fun fact .....he likes his own posts with different handles.

It's true.

One only needs to search @Rubrum_Magnus_Virtus on the national board. He maintains a bunch of spam handles over there too including his hogluver handle. Rubbie got shown the door here some time ago on this board but he can't stay away.

If a new handle anti-Iowa spam handle springs up, 95 percent of the time, it's him....and @HogLovinHawkeye sooo does not want you to know that. His go to is "there's tons of fans that hate Iowa"...."your paranoid, Nebraska has wrecked you fools"....blah blah blah ...we all know it's him.

Fun fact .....he likes his own posts with different handles.

Yikes, that’s obsessive!

@HogLovinHawkeye

Dude really..?! this is in extremely poor taste, this is the kind of human being you are?

I’ll bet your wife and mom are proud.

“””I pretended to Snore while husker fan banged my willing wife. I was too scared of both of them to complain”””

That’s honestly sad and borderline harassment! And a clear indication of how upset you are.

That’s it for me….I’m done I hope everyone ignores you!

Reactions: Blackleaf40
Nothing special? How many teams ... RIGHT NOW ... have only had 2 coaches over the last 44 years? That's pretty unique ... and, dare I say, special!

Many programs approach football more in terms of Xs and Os ... and focus more effort on recruiting ... taking more of a talent-acquisition model in order to achieve success in the collegiate game. Iowa belongs among a smaller contingency of schools that places their greatest focus upon truly teaching the game of football and player development. You don't have to dig very deep to find all sorts of informatics that illustrate that Iowa punches well above its weight class ... despite recruiting far from an "elite" level. Iowa wins lots of games, is one of the top collegiate programs at developing NFL talent, and does so without cutting corners. Again ... these accomplishments are very worthy of admiration and respect ... and that's special.

One of the attributes that made Nebraska pretty special during the tenure of Devaney and Osborn was that they had a truly impressive walk-on program. One of the first things that Ferentz did at Iowa was to reinvigorate Iowa's walk-on program. Iowa not only has developed a ton of former walk-ons into great collegiate players ... many went on to do well for themselves in the NFL too.

Iowa has a pretty impressive track-record of being "color-blind" as it relates to player positioning. Whether we're talking about white RBs, white CBs, and black QBs (there was a time when black QBs were a rarity) ... Iowa always simply shoots to have the best guy man the position. If you ask me ... again, that's pretty special.

Iowa's very approach to recruiting is pretty interesting. While most recruiters try to blow hot-air up the asses of recruits ... Iowa doesn't try to make any such false-promises. All collegiate athletes who achieve at a high level have had to bust their asses to get there. Iowa doesn't sugar-coat the level of effort/dedication required to reach that level of play. Iowa tries to advertise itself and its accomplishments (as it relates to player development) ... but they challenge their recruits to be willing to follow that path. It's an interesting approach ... a pretty honest one too. Again ... part of what makes Iowa different is also part of what makes it special.

Everything I've outlined above takes very little effort to validate/verify.

Also, I'm sure that there are plenty of programs out there that do some of what Iowa does ... so Iowa is not alone in being special. So the intent of my post here is not to tear down other programs at the expense of building up Iowa. Rather, on its own merits ... there are plenty of special things about the Iowa program ... irrespective of whether a rival fan chooses to acknowledge them or not.

Nothing special? How many teams ... RIGHT NOW ... have only had 2 coaches over the last 44 years? That's pretty unique ... and, dare I say, special!

Many programs approach football more in terms of Xs and Os ... and focus more effort on recruiting ... taking more of a talent-acquisition model in order to achieve success in the collegiate game. Iowa belongs among a smaller contingency of schools that places their greatest focus upon truly teaching the game of football and player development. You don't have to dig very deep to find all sorts of informatics that illustrate that Iowa punches well above its weight class ... despite recruiting far from an "elite" level. Iowa wins lots of games, is one of the top collegiate programs at developing NFL talent, and does so without cutting corners. Again ... these accomplishments are very worthy of admiration and respect ... and that's special.

One of the attributes that made Nebraska pretty special during the tenure of Devaney and Osborn was that they had a truly impressive walk-on program. One of the first things that Ferentz did at Iowa was to reinvigorate Iowa's walk-on program. Iowa not only has developed a ton of former walk-ons into great collegiate players ... many went on to do well for themselves in the NFL too.

Iowa has a pretty impressive track-record of being "color-blind" as it relates to player positioning. Whether we're talking about white RBs, white CBs, and black QBs (there was a time when black QBs were a rarity) ... Iowa always simply shoots to have the best guy man the position. If you ask me ... again, that's pretty special.

Iowa's very approach to recruiting is pretty interesting. While most recruiters try to blow hot-air up the asses of recruits ... Iowa doesn't try to make any such false-promises. All collegiate athletes who achieve at a high level have had to bust their asses to get there. Iowa doesn't sugar-coat the level of effort/dedication required to reach that level of play. Iowa tries to advertise itself and its accomplishments (as it relates to player development) ... but they challenge their recruits to be willing to follow that path. It's an interesting approach ... a pretty honest one too. Again ... part of what makes Iowa different is also part of what makes it special.

Also, I'm sure that there are plenty of programs out there that do some of what Iowa does ... so Iowa is not alone in being special. So the intent of my post here is not to tear down other programs at the expense of building up Iowa. Rather, on its own merits ... there are plenty of special things about the Iowa program ... irrespective of whether a rival fan chooses to acknowledge them or not.
You’re a credit to the Iowa fan base.

No…

Holy shit what an ass kicking!!

Again a terrific ass kicking!

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT