ADVERTISEMENT

Time to Start Drinking the Black & Gold Kool-Aid

West Dundee Hawkeye

HR All-American
Sep 28, 2003
So the Cubs are out of it and my attention to college football. I was furious with Barta over keeping Brian Ferentz but between the transfer portal & being so thrilled and proud of Caitlan Clark and the Iowa Woman, I am ready to bleed for the black & gold for another season.

Phil Steele says Iowa will be a surprise team with the most starters returning ever under Ferentz.

Go Hawks!

Top Surprise Teams

Phil Steele’s reason for optimism for the Hawkeyes???

“…and this year Michigan and Ohio State drop off the schedule much like they did for Purdue last year when the Boilers made a run to the Big Ten title game!”

I do believe Iowa football is well on their way to another off season NC.

• Haha
Reactions: 83Hawk
Phil Steele’s reason for optimism for the Hawkeyes???

“…and this year Michigan and Ohio State drop off the schedule much like they did for Purdue last year when the Boilers made a run to the Big Ten title game!”

And you're on your way to the sheep pen to get your lovin for the day.... Baaaaaaaaa

So the Cubs are out of it and my attention to college football. I was furious with Barta over keeping Brian Ferentz but between the transfer portal & being so thrilled and proud of Caitlan Clark and the Iowa Woman, I am ready to bleed for the black & gold for another season.

Phil Steele says Iowa will be a surprise team with the most starters returning ever under Ferentz.

Go Hawks!

Top Surprise Teams
He has us # 17. Good starting point. I still bet our offense will be upper 30s in FBS scoring offense. Crazy I know.

Last edited:
I’m happy, healthy, wealthy well adjusted adult. The real question is, why do message board posts trigger Iowa fans so easily? Many of you were triggered by simple laughing emojis…..
Well adjusted adults don't spend hours daily on a rival's website. I would never waste my time posting on a Cornholer or Clown board.....even just emojis like a brain-dead idiot.

Have a great weekend though rewatching Nebby games from the 90's on VHS in ma's basement wearing your Zubaz & Starter jacket. Have an extra Zima while you're at it!

Well adjusted adults don't spend hours daily on a rival's website. I would never waste my time posting on a Cornholer or Clown board.....even just emojis like a brain-dead idiot.

Have a great weekend though rewatching Nebby games from the 90's on VHS in ma's basement wearing your Zubaz & Starter jacket. Have an extra Zima while you're at it!
Triggered….
It’s a good for him when sheep don’t bite back.
:D

• Haha
He has us # 17. Good starting point. I still be our offense will be upper 30s in FBS scoring offense. Crazy I know.
I agree it is a good starting point......sure it will piss a bunch of non Iowa football fans off that railed on us for our offense (rightfully so). Strong defense, vastly improved offense and top notch special teams. Looking forward to being there at the opener!!

I agree it is a good starting point......sure it will piss a bunch of non Iowa football fans off that railed on us for our offense (rightfully so). Strong defense, vastly improved offense and top notch special teams. Looking forward to being there at the opener!!
When the defense is playing a 4 2 5 and Castro is in the game, its possible that that back 7 all play in the NFL. Probably 3-4 DL on the two deeps also.

Go Hawks!

Top Surprise Teams
Has to be some kinks for Wisconsin to iron out. You can’t install an air raid and have it run smoothly to begin the season in year one. by the end of the season they may be rolling, but when you play them will be a big factor. usually with Mike Leach teams year one was wildly inconsistent.

• Haha
Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
Has to be some kinks for Wisconsin to iron out. You can’t install an air raid and have it run smoothly to begin the season in year one. by the end of the season they may be rolling, but when you play them will be a big factor. usually with Mike Leach teams year one was wildly inconsistent.
The article I read in the Athletic basically said they’re still planning on running a lot but realize they have to be better in throwing the ball. Honestly not much different than us.

Literally nobody believes that, given your obsession with Iowa. 😂
Ha….it’s all true whether anyone believes it or not. Do you not pay attention to the threads and posts about Nebraska on this board? Aren’t you an Illinois fan? Nothing unites bigten west foes more than a shared hatred of husker football and jealousy over Huskers historical success. I absolutely love it when ISU, Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin fans all unite with Iowa fans when the subject is husker football.

• Haha
The article I read in the Athletic basically said they’re still planning on running a lot but realize they have to be better in throwing the ball. Honestly not much different than us.
It was hard to run last year so that’d be a big deal if we can be much better with yards. Mostly on the OL there.

Ha….it’s all true whether anyone believes it or not. Do you not pay attention to the threads and posts about Nebraska on this board? Aren’t you an Illinois fan? Nothing unites bigten west foes more than a shared hatred of husker football and jealousy over Huskers historical success. I absolutely love it when ISU, Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin fans all unite with Iowa fans when the subject is husker football.
I'll bet you love it gimp.
You're a drama queen....and it's the last tiny shred of relevance the Nebraska program has...Husker simps like you screaming "look at me!"

Pro-tip - NOBODY cares about Husker history except Husker fans.

Bwaaaaaahaha

Wow, this is still happening? What a strange existence.

Reactions: HogLovinHawkeye
You sure you want to go there? The amount of bulletin board comments about Nebraska claiming they’re going to run the BIG since joining are numerous.

You claim to want to have real football conversation on this board, but then blatantly disregard a legitimate scheduling factor that favors Iowa this season in not facing Michigan or OSU. Iowa bypassing those teams provides a much easier path to the BIG title and in a single game against one of the traditional powerhouses of the BIG anything can happen.

It’s one thing to troll an opposing fan base with no intention of having a real conversation, but you routinely claim to want to have “real” football talk. So what has Nebraska done in the offseason offensively/defensively to get back in contention? Looking at your schedule what games do you feel will be wins/losses? Not having to face OSU or PSU seems beneficial no?

Folks SHOULD drink the kool-aid ... the defense really could/should be crazy-good. Also, I don't think that it's outlandish to expect that our offense could even border on being competent (high hopes, right?!)

Anyhow, as was a common refrain last season ... given the quality of our special teams and defense ... if we can complement it with even just a competent O ... then we're looking at a damn fine team!

The big thing that we should be looking at is the health of the team coming out of fall-camp. If the guys can make good progress through camp ... and enjoy some decent health ... then I really do expect big things from this team.

Folks SHOULD drink the kool-aid ... the defense really could/should be crazy-good. Also, I don't think that it's outlandish to expect that our offense could even border on being competent (high hopes, right?!)

Anyhow, as was a common refrain last season ... given the quality of our special teams and defense ... if we can complement it with even just a competent O ... then we're looking at a damn fine team!

The big thing that we should be looking at is the health of the team coming out of fall-camp. If the guys can make good progress through camp ... and enjoy some decent health ... then I really do expect big things from this team.
Health at the right positions and growth on the O line and there’s no reason they couldn’t be undefeated in the regular season.

You sure you want to go there? The amount of bulletin board comments about Nebraska claiming they’re going to run the BIG since joining are numerous.

You claim to want to have real football conversation on this board, but then blatantly disregard a legitimate scheduling factor that favors Iowa this season in not facing Michigan or OSU. Iowa bypassing those teams provides a much easier path to the BIG title and in a single game against one of the traditional powerhouses of the BIG anything can happen.

It’s one thing to troll an opposing fan base with no intention of having a real conversation, but you routinely claim to want to have “real” football talk. So what has Nebraska done in the offseason offensively/defensively to get back in contention? Looking at your schedule what games do you feel will be wins/losses? Not having to face OSU or PSU seems beneficial no?
Most Iowa fans are hypocrites and delusional about the state of and position of Iowa football in the bigten and in college football.
Your team is nothing special and your coaches and players have character flaws just like every other team.
Iowa fans have never dealt with the real reasons they hate Nebraska football in an honest manner.
You get crap replies as you’re mostly a crap fan base.
Iowa fans are entitled to believe this year is the year something great happens at Iowa, but some Iowa fan has been saying it for 60 plus years, so I suppose you’re bound to guess correct one of these seasons.
Nebraska fans act like any other fan base would with our history, hell, Iowa fans act like their team is Alabama only the actual team hasn’t finished in the top five in 60 plus years.
Nebraska was vastly superior to Iowa nearly every season from 1962-2001 while playing in a better conference, was as good or better than Iowa most seasons 2002-2014 and has sucked since 2015 (still beat Iowa in 2022).

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT