ADVERTISEMENT

The most clutch play in the last decade for Iowa

When the argument becomes semantics I think it's best to just drop it altogether.
So tired of hearing this.

Words have meanings. When a person says they “knew” the fake punt was coming, they are incorrect, and exhibiting poor command of thinking and of words.

Be better posters.

Words have meanings. When a person says they “knew” the fake punt was coming, they are incorrect, and exhibiting poor command of thinking and of words.

Be better posters.
It's an expression. People often say "I knew it"...meaning "I had a feeling about it" or "I suspected it".

But if you're that concerned about words having precise meanings, allow me to point out that you're not "hearing" this...you're reading it.
;)

Last edited:

Be better posters.
I'm sure there's someone who had studied all of Wisconsin's film and recognized a tell indicating a fake. So you can't definitively say that no one knew. See how dumb this becomes?

It's an expression. People often say "I knew it"...meaning "I had a feeling about it" or "I suspected it".

But if you're that concerned about words having precise meanings, allow me to point out that you're not "hearing" this...you're reading it.
;)
Well, no, I hear it a lot too.

I’d accept it as “just an expression” except that it is often followed by something like “our idiot coaches couldn’t figure it out”. Like, the person “knew”’it but the coaches did not.

Well, no, I hear it a lot too.

I’d accept it as “just an expression” except that it is often followed by something like “our idiot coaches couldn’t figure it out”. Like, the person “knew”’it but the coaches did not.
B.S. I highly doubt you've been anywhere in the last few years where you actually heard people discussing this with enough frequency to make you "tired". Even so, you're "reading" it here so that's the relevant context. No fun to be caught in your own web, is it? You could have just disagreed and said it was an easy mistake for the team to make. Instead, you went pretentious.

Last edited:
B.S. I highly doubt you've been anywhere in the last few years where you actually heard people discussing this with enough frequency to make you "tired". Even so, you're "reading" it here so that's the relevant context. No fun to be caught in your own web, is it? You could have just disagreed and said it was an easy mistake for the team to make. Instead, you went pretentious.
The “this” is the fall back to “it’s just semantics” when I push back on incorrect statements, not specifically about the fake punt in 2010.

The pretention is with the fans that think they have one-tenth the FB knowledge of KF et al.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT