ADVERTISEMENT

The Moth

Rudolph

HR Legend
Oct 18, 2001
I listen to The Moth Radio Hour on iTunes, usually when doing stretches and exercises so I can continue playing ball at a decent level.

Something about the stories and production of the show combined with the near-meditative repetition of the exercises allows me to connect to the storyteller and his/her story. This is a long way of saying the show never fails to make me laugh and cry, often at the same time.

Reminds me of the Valvano speech.

Anyways, thought to share the episode that just now accompanied my attempt to remain athletic: http://themoth.org/radio-hour/jury-duty-walking-tests-pepsi-and-nola

I listen to the podcast on a regular basis. I like to hear stories from regular people so it’s a good listen while I’m stuck in traffic.

Sometimes though I wish they’d cut back on the number of coming-out stories. I know it’s a difficult event in these people’s lives and I wish them all the best but those stories just seem played out. I just don’t find them interesting for the most part anymore.

I listen to the podcast on a regular basis. I like to hear stories from regular people so it’s a good listen while I’m stuck in traffic.

Sometimes though I wish they’d cut back on the number of coming-out stories. I know it’s a difficult event in these people’s lives and I wish them all the best but those stories just seem played out. I just don’t find them interesting for the most part anymore.
The coming out stories are incredible and important — especially if you have a loved one who is LGBT. Every one of them helps me understand my brother just a little bit better.

Plus, The Moth has themes to their story-telling events, so you might have come across a theme or two that made those stories topical to a theme.

It’s on Saturday nights. When it isn’t football season I listen to it quite frequently. It’s a well done show. Very funny sometimes, and sometimes very impactful.

Great show. This one from a former NYFD firefighter is one of the most raw stories I've ever heard. NY was crazy in the late 60s and early 70s.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT