ADVERTISEMENT

The new Quad Cities Chamber of Commerce CEO . . .

torbee

HR King
Gold Member
Is a Liberty University graduate and an author of children's books.

This pretty much guarantees he's a groomer, right?

WTF Quads?! :mad:

I was kinda hoping it was the former Moline mayor. Whatever became of her? Is she still hot?

• Love
Reactions: EasyHawk

I don't know about that, but I drove over the I-74 bridge to and from Indy over the weekend, and I was impressed. It is pleasing to the eye and much better than the POS it replaced.

Reactions: torbee
I was kinda hoping it was the former Moline mayor. Whatever became of her? Is she still hot?
Cookie Monster Waiting GIF

Reactions: THE_DEVIL

Calling this guy a groomer can’t be good for your own career? Are you drunk again??

• Haha
Reactions: bojihawk44
I'd prefer someone smarter than one who went to a mostly online diploma mill founded by Jerry Falwell making important economic development decisions.

Call me crazy.
Oh c'mon.... They have an undefeated football team from the perennial powerhouse Conference USA.

I'd prefer someone smarter than one who went to a mostly online diploma mill founded by Jerry Falwell making important economic development decisions.

Call me crazy.
His predecessor graduated from Iowa State and the Quad Cities hasn’t imploded.

Call me crazy.

Chamber directors don't make important ED decisions. At best they are on a committee.

really? Why dont you fill me in on what policy they direct?
I can speak about the QC Chamber from my time as Davenport's Business Development Manager.

When a company is interested in scouting future development or industrial sites, it is often the Chamber CEO who accompanies the site selectors on tours of shovel-ready parcels, along with their staff lets them know what economic development incentives are available and then coordinates with whichever municipalities' ec-dev team will be taking the ball forward if their is mutual interest.

At least in a metro area the size of the QC, the CEO job is actually very hands-on.

I can speak about the QC Chamber from my time as Davenport's Business Development Manager.

When a company is interested in scouting future development or industrial sites, it is often the Chamber CEO who accompanies the site selectors on tours of shovel-ready parcels, along with their staff lets them know what economic development incentives are available and then coordinates with whichever municipalities' ec-dev team will be taking the ball forward if their is mutual interest.

At least in a metro area the size of the QC, the CEO job is actually very hands-on.

Right, but the incentives were already set up by the City. They established the guidelines and policy via the City Council. The Chamber guy just meets a prospect and sells. He isnt a policy maker.

Right, but the incentives were already set up by the City. They established the guidelines and policy via the City Council. The Chamber guy just meets a prospect and sells. He isnt a policy maker.
LOL

You are out of your league in this conversation JR.

You said Chamber CEO's "don't make important ED decisions" and that is patently, absolutely false.

LOL

You are out of your league in this conversation JR.

You said Chamber CEO's "don't make important ED decisions" and that is patently, absolutely false.

What decision do they make that is important?

How is showing parcels to a prospect an important decision?

They are car salesmen. Quit overrating them. There is a reason these people bounce every few years.

• Haha
Reactions: torbee

Call me crazy.
I'd say you're crazy.....
Most recently, Mr. Tokar was president and CEO of the McKinney Economic Development Corporation in Texas. Previously his positions included:

• Economic development director, City of Alpharetta, Georgia.
  • Founder and president, Tech Alpharetta.
  • Economic development director, Town of Davie, Florida.
  • Director of business development, Greater Fort Lauderdale Alliance, Florida.
  • Director of business development, City of Miramar, Florida.
Mr. Tokar holds a bachelor’s degree in advertising, marketing and communications from Liberty University, and an MBA with a specialization in entrepreneurship from Nova Southeastern University. He has earned a Master Economic Development Practitioner designation.

He has received numerous national awards, including the Top 50 Economic Developers from Consultants Connect, 40 under 40 from Development Counselors International and New Economic Developer of the Year from the International Economic Development Council. Tokar has also been recognized in the communities where he worked, including Technology Association of Georgia’s One in a Millennial Award, Alpharetta Chamber of Commerce’s Prosperity Award and North Atlanta Business Post’s 40 under 40 award, among others

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT