ADVERTISEMENT

The north end zone project

tony0051

HR MVP
Mar 29, 2006
Found a cool set of videos here. You can skip the initial video to see the reno job. Intro video is pretty cool. This is going to make Kinnick a mother trucker to play in if you a road team. An enclosed north end zone will make that place a rock concert loud crowd. Teams won't hear anything and the energy in that crowd is going to be amazing. Plus cutting the wind passing thru will make for better passing conditions and with the move back to vertical passing and crossing routes will add a lot to Iowa's offense. http://kinnickedge.org/

Last edited:
Wow. That opening video gets me pumped up. Season can't start soon enough.

$89 million and that GD watertower is still white?!
1-view-from-south-endzone.jpg

Almost perfect though.

Found a cool set of videos here. You can skip the initial video to see the reno job. Intro video is pretty cool. This is going to make Kinnick a mother trucker to play in if you a road team. An enclosed north end zone will make that place a rock concert loud crowd. Teams won't hear anything and the energy in that crowd is going to be amazing. Plus cutting the wind passing thru will make for better passing conditions and with the move back to vertical passing and crossing routes will add a lot to Iowa's offense. http://kinnickedge.org/
That gave me goosebumps... can't wait for the season to start.

I still hate all the stainless steel crap they have used for the renovations. Looks ugly

Same goes for the children's hospital

Reactions: General Tso
I have seats in the north end zone, and the view is great. We've kind of felt like our seats 'should' be at a donation level, but we floated under the radar. Looks like we will lose this our seats now. Has the university said what parts of the north end zone will still be available for the non-doner level?

I have seats in the north end zone, and the view is great. We've kind of felt like our seats 'should' be at a donation level, but we floated under the radar. Looks like we will lose this our seats now. Has the university said what parts of the north end zone will still be available for the non-doner level?

Upper level above the club level. Everything below is donation

Those right under the water tower are non-donor.

Think the athletic department hit a home run with this addition and restructuring of the North EZ.

Really wish they would have taken the time with the South EZ when they had the chance to configure it more like the North. My biggest issues with the south side are the gaps in corners and the overall aesthetics. The could have done more.

If they are going to keep the gaps, plan some corn or something unique in those spots.

I see someone else already replied about the non-donation seating location. However, I was reading through my season ticket renewal papers last night and saw that displaced South Endzone ticket holders will get first crack at re-seating for 2018. Also, no new season tickets will be allowed into the South for 2017, to keep people from abusing this part of the process. There's a few more details, so I'd encourage you to read your mailing from the ticket office if you haven't already.

I actually like the south end zone because it wasn't overthought. It fits Kinnick, this new erector set doesn't
None of the finished renovations have looked just like the artists renderings. Everything so far has ended up fitting Kinnick. I would expect the same with this one.

Do you remember the old South end zone? That was almost literally an erector set. I'm sure this will look great too. If you have been to a lot of other stadiums, you get an appreciation for how good of a job Iowa has done with Kinnick aesthetically. Many do look like erector sets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT