ADVERTISEMENT

The Scientific Community continues to erode their reputations.

I'm a student of human nature. Apparently you are not.
That doesn't began even remotely to address the deep damn hole you dug for yourself. You're so big on addressing the content of the post - why don't you practice what you preach? Here you go:
Oh...ok...so no public funding for scientific research and no private funding for scientific research. You're a fvcking genius, you are.

I'm seriously curious. Is it truly your opinion that people in the scientific community must bury their political opinions to assuage your concerns?
This is Scientific American a publication that has 3.5 Million subscribers at $34.99 and it is the oldest continuously published monthly magazine in the United States. Not your average rag paper. It has an incredibly high Impact Factor (if you believe in those).

It is better if every scientific organization remain non-political. Does that mean that every person has to put their biases away, ideally yes, but that is unrealistic. But an official statement backing one side vs another is terrible no matter what the opinion is.

I told you a long time ago the entire scientific community might not make it... and then they go do something like this... smh.

iu
I've got a feeling this endorsement isn't going to have much impact. Can't imagine there's many MAGA/Trumpers who read, and even fewer who read Scientific American.

May only become aware of it to fuel their victim complex.
Trumpanzee literacy tops out at Beverly Cleary novels. And even those are for your top 1%.

Reactions: cigaretteman
This is Scientific American a publication that has 3.5 Million subscribers at $34.99 and it is the oldest continuously published monthly magazine in the United States. Not your average rag paper. It has an incredibly high Impact Factor (if you believe in those).

It is better if every scientific organization remain non-political. Does that mean that every person has to put their biases away, ideally yes, but that is unrealistic. But an official statement backing one side vs another is terrible no matter what the opinion is.
It is better if every scientific organization remain non-political? Why? There is a f'n idiot in the WH spewing anti-science stupidity. Who is doing serious damage to the scientific infrastructure of this country. Who is pursuing anti-scientific policies that are killing tens of thousands of people unnecessarily. That science organizations remain silent would be a crime against humanity. It's like telling religious organizations to remain silent while millions of Jews are rounded up and shipped off to concentration camps. To their ever-lasting shame...most did.

Reactions: cigaretteman
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT