ADVERTISEMENT

The Swarm Tunnel Walk

Jun 8, 2022
Who on this team should be leading our boys out of the tunnel and onto the field?

Personally, one of my biggest issues with Petras being the starting QB is by that title alone he is part of that group today, but I believe he is woefully under qualified to be doing so based on performance, leadership ability, and sheer inability to inspire other players to play beyond their ability. Compare to Tate or Stanzi or Beathard that just embodied confidence and expectation - even Stanley and his statement making 5-yard QB sneaks had to be an inspiration for players to go hit the other team in the mouth! As QBs they basically said “follow me and my big friggn balls, boys!!”

I’d like to see these players leading the rest of the team at this point - only those that embody what iowa football should be about and deliver results:

Campbell, Moss, Roberts, Taylor, Evans, and Merriweather. I wouldn’t be opposed to Laporta and Ragaini because I do believe they’ve also earned the teams respect through work and results. He11, I’d argue cooper and Van Ness have earned the right in the front row as well.

so I’m curious, what say you all?

Who on this team should be leading our boys out of the tunnel and onto the field?

Personally, one of my biggest issues with Petras being the starting QB is by that title alone he is part of that group today, but I believe he is woefully under qualified to be doing so based on performance, leadership ability, and sheer inability to inspire other players to play beyond their ability. Compare to Tate or Stanzi or Beathard that just embodied confidence and expectation - even Stanley and his statement making 5-yard QB sneaks had to be an inspiration for players to go hit the other team in the mouth! As QBs they basically said “follow me and my big friggn balls, boys!!”

I’d like to see these players leading the rest of the team at this point - only those that embody what iowa football should be about and deliver results:

Campbell, Moss, Roberts, Taylor, Evans, and Merriweather. I wouldn’t be opposed to Laporta and Ragaini because I do believe they’ve also earned the teams respect through work and results. He11, I’d argue cooper and Van Ness have earned the right in the front row as well.

so I’m curious, what say you all?
I say this is ridiculous…one thing the team wouldn’t be doing is questioning SPs toughness. They see up close, where you can hear it, the beating he takes and how he keeps fighting for them.

The D and special teams carry this entire team so it's only right that they lead them out. I'd have no issue with tory taylor being "the guy" to lead the swarm.

Reactions: ShonnDeereGreene
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT