ADVERTISEMENT

The Taliban just held a parade:

Mar 11, 2020

il_570xN.4574092021_6ytq.jpg

trash-can.gif

im-977618

I
Trump didn't leave those hummers bud.
You, @ICHerky and other neocon warmongers might want to sit down for this: Trump released 5000 Taliban prisoners, including commanders, who went right back to armed Jihad. Thank God Biden beat his ass…

We were there for 20 years. Trump lied about getting us out and escalated both military and civilian deaths. Thank you, Biden!
You keep going with that one. I’m sure it helps you not to have to consider too many facts.
How did the Taliban get that equipment? 😵‍💫

Reactions: ICHerky
I

You, @ICHerky and other neocon warmongers might want to sit down for this: Trump released 5000 Taliban prisoners, including commanders, who went right back to armed Jihad. Thank God Biden beat his ass…

Hey bud, me an 99 dudes, with a handful of them hueys and Humvees could go lay waste on 5k unarmed people.

You ever seen the scene in Indian Jones when the other guy acts all.tough with a whip ans indy shoots him? Same idea.

Better hope we don’t get to find out. We could always ask the Afghans who risked everything helping us. You know, the ones the Biden Administration promised to get out but left behind?
No Afghan helped you voluntarily. They all universally hate your guts. They just did that to stay alive.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
Better hope we don’t get to find out. We could always ask the Afghans who risked everything helping us. You know, the ones the Biden Administration promised to get out but left behind?

I don’t disagree that Joe shit the bed with portions of the withdraw.

We do this at the end of many wars and it pisses me off.

Also, I see this was a convoy two years ago, that keeps getting reposted each year as if it were a yearly event and not a one off, so once again, @Whiskeydeltadeltatango is either a liar or too dumb to fact check propaganda on X.
Wait.

They do a yearly parade, a parade that happened "today" ( timezones) and because there are examples of this being a yearly parade, it's not a big deal.

You going with that?

Who cares? Afghanistan is more stable now than when we were there. Admit that fact. If they want to run it like it was 200 bc, why do you give 2 shits? Focus on your own state. Unlike us, they aren't invading anyone else or being Israel's bodyguard in jewish led genocide.
You’re right. I bet those folks LOVE living in caves and having goat sex.
You have days when you cannot help yourself, don’t you? Disparaging other cultural groups from India and now making seriously anti- Semitic slurs.

Reactions: ICHerky
How many parade participants were from the 5000 Taliban combatants that Trump released?
Sure you want to go there?

Majority of Bagram prisoners were terrorists​

The US handed Bagram Air Base over to the Afghan National Defense and Security Forces (ANDSF) on July 1, as the withdrawal of US forces from Afghanistan neared 90% completion.

At the time, there were approximately 5,000 prisoners at Bagram, an Afghan Ministry of Defense spokesman told CNN. A few hundred were criminals, but the vast majority were terrorists, the spokesman said, including members of al Qaeda, the Taliban, and ISIS. There were also foreign prisoners from Pakistan, Chechnya, and the Middle East detained there. It was up to the Afghans to secure the compound.

As the US was turning over Bagram to the ANDSF, the Taliban accelerated their sweep across the country, claiming to control 150 of Afghanistan’s 407 districts by July 5. It was a sign of things to come, as provincial capitals began falling to the Taliban offensive in rapid succession. By mid-August, the Taliban were on the doorstep of Kabul and the complete collapse of the Afghan military was virtually complete.

Reactions: goldmom
No Afghan helped you voluntarily. They all universally hate your guts. They just did that to stay alive.
I had no idea that in addition to your Nobel Prize level work in a lab you were - in your spare time - an expert on Afghan society and government.
You’re amazing!!

Who cares? Afghanistan is more stable now than when we were there. Admit that fact. If they want to run it like it was 200 bc, why do you give 2 shits? Focus on your own state. Unlike us, they aren't invading anyone else or being Israel's bodyguard in jewish led genocide.
With all due respect, Afganistan is not “stable” the way western democracies would describe stable.

Human rights / women’s rights have trended….down since they reclaimed power.

Afghanistan is situated between to axis powers, one to the east and one to the west. It should not surprise anyone that the Taliban is striking oil and infrastructure deals to ensure those two nations’ bond gets stronger. That does not help us or democracy one bit.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Trump didn't leave those hummers bud.

You sure he didn't? Because I'm pretty sure over the course of our time there the military gave the Afgan defense forces a lot of equipment. That's the equipment they captured. It wasn't like the US military had a bunch of stuff they just forgot. We gave the Afgan defense forces equipment to theoretically fight the Taliban. They didn't fight.

That's the collective responsibility of all the people who were president while we were there.

Wasn't the American public told that leaving all of that equipment behind was no big deal because it was disabled so it could not be used by the Taliban?

Did Harris/Biden lie to us?
Yeah and they could never afford to maintain it:
293 million in cash

(Brought to you by the same people who think if we give enough money to currupt governments they will make things so nice for their citizens they no longer want to move to the country capable of sending the money.....)

We left the equipment for whoever runs the country. Trump's military failed to train up the Afghan military to defend their country when Trump's declared withdrawal occurred. Afghanistan then "decided" the Taliban runs the country. Now no more Americans are killed on their soil. Less wars America is involved with. Less nation-building and money spent by America. Wins all around. And of course, thanks to all who fought there. A real shit deal all around for 2 decades.

This isn't the first time the military has left equipment behind and it won't be the last. Lookup the Vietnam war for a great example.

293 million in cash

(Brought to you by the same people who think if we give enough money to currupt governments they will make things so nice for their citizens they no longer want to move to the country capable of sending the money.....)
that is not what that actual report says

it says that 2 of the 5 state department bureaus (Human Rights, and Labor & International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs) couldn't provide documentation that they complied with partner vetting procedures - and the amount of funding those bureaus had was $293 million

i'm sure some of the funds made their way to the Taliban...but it's a far far cry from the biden administration simply giving the taliban cash

We left the equipment for whoever runs the country. Trump's military failed to train up the Afghan military to defend their country when Trump's declared withdrawal occurred. Afghanistan then "decided" the Taliban runs the country. Now no more Americans are killed on their soil. Less wars America is involved with. Less nation-building and money spent by America. Wins all around. And of course, thanks to all who fought there. A real shit deal all around for 2 decades.
i wish we wouldn't have left equipment, but they can have as many humvees as they want if it means no more american soldiers are killed

293 million in cash

Why on earth would Harris/Biden send $293M to a terrorist organization?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT