ADVERTISEMENT

Olympic Opening Ceremonies..

Should have reenacted this

GTgtTQ4XgAA4t-e

The only religion it's ok to openly mock is Christianity apparently, the woke left DESPISE it. One of the MANY reasons I despise the woketards.

Reactions: Hawkman34
It's awesome how many Americans are acting like the opening ceremonies was a direct shot at them and were specifically designed to piss them off. FFS, it's France. They don't give a flying f**k what you think about it or if it hurts your feelings. Get over it.

This explains a lot

“This, and Disney Star Wars, and all of modern Hollywood, and all of Manhattan tradpub, can be explained with one simple idea.

And no, it isn't "Satan". No religious suppositions are required. What's going on here is venial, and even more depraved.

Narcissism.

You see, there are two kinds of artistic creativity. Both are based on egotism, but one is healthy, and the other is destructive.

The first says "Art is about beauty and truth. I will create that which is beautiful and true, that which uplifts those who look upon it. And my ego will be satisfied when my work is acknowledged as good, both by myself and others."

This is based on a healthy version of egotism... pride.

Pride is self-respect, a sense of one's own proper dignity or value, as earned through merit, virtue, and accomplishment.

The second says "Art is about self-expression. I will create art based on whatever is in myself, no matter how ugly, deceptive, and low. I will make myself visible in every aspect of my art, and my ego will satisfied, because I will be the center of attention, with everyone looking at me."

This is based on the sick version of egotism... narcissism. It is the ego that demands to be the center of attention, regardless of what others actually wish to see or would like to pay attention to.

It is the revenge of the neglected child, not on the mother who ignored him, but on the entire universe.

Great art is not about self-expression. It comes from the self, it is shaped by the self, but it the truth it expresses is shared and universal. This is why it speaks to others, not just the artist.

When we look upon a fine sculpture, we see only David, not Michelangelo.

When we read a great story, we do not see Tolkien, and we forget, for a moment, that Frodo and Sam aren't real.

We can say Van Gogh painted one white iris because he was lonely, isolated within a crowd, but if we do say that, we care because we have been lonely, too.

Great art makes the artist invisible. He waits backstage until the art is done, and it is time for him to step out and take a bow, receive his applause and be satisfied in a work well done. He does not stand between the audience and their enjoyment of the work.

But, for this precise reason, great art cannot emerge from narcissism. The narcissist cannot bear to upstaged by anything, even the work of his own hands, the child of his own brain.

The narcissistic artist creates art not to please others, but to force others to look at him. He must stamp his personality on every corner of the work, make it his and his alone, and remind the audience, in every moment, in every place they direct their gaze, that this work is his, and that he is what truly matters, here.

This art, shown here, is not ugly by accident. It is ugly because the artists wish you to look upon their ugliness, both outer and inner.

It is ugly because its message is not "look at this" but "look at me".

This is why the left is obsessed with "representation" in art. This is why they cover themselves in ugly, mismatched tattoos, and dye their hair pink, purple, and blue. This is why they write self-indulgent stories about "identity" and "finding your squad".

They are screaming their identity at the void, never realizing that it's not only possible, but easy, to be unique without being interesting or useful.

Those who fancy themselves to be beautiful unique snowflakes would do well to remember that the slightest touch of heat will turn them into homogeneous, ubiquitous, undifferentiated water.

They can work for Disney all they want, making black lesbian Jedi so that "the character can look just like me", but the character will be boring because they are boring.

In other words, what we are seeing here is not a rebellion against god (if you are religious) or civilization and merit (if you aren't), it's something far worse.

It's the petty, ugly, banalities of an entire subculture of tiresome neurotics who cannot dredge one single beautiful, interesting, or true thing out of their souls that would make you voluntarily pay attention.

I blame their mothers.”
That article oozes narcissism.

• Haha
Reactions: Joes Place
There was an explanation/interorwtation of last nights “opening” program. Unfortunately it was nothing sinister or religious, unless you wanted or needs it to be.
But as the interpreter stated, for those who need the Dept. of Education to end for political reasons, American who criticize are not smart enough to understand the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT