ADVERTISEMENT

The Taliban just held a parade:

Why on earth would Harris/Biden send $293M to a terrorist organization?
They didn't mean to, they meant to send it to the people but forgot to remember when you are dealing with terriost they don't always do what they say.

You might think of our impressive dock we built where like 1 out of ever 10 packages actually made it through hamas hands.

Reactions: ICHerky and goldmom
I understand that these stories are often used to score political points, but it's absurd to solely blame any one administration - except perhaps the Bush administration - for the Taliban acquiring Afghan military weapons. We spent billions of dollars to build an army that was defeated in just a few days. There was never a plan to send troops to collect the more than $70 billion worth of military aid so that we could bring it home.

The main lesson from stories like this should not be centered around military equipment, but rather should serve as a reminder of how futile and expensive nation-building efforts are.

I understand that these stories are often used to score political points, but it's absurd to solely blame any one administration - except perhaps the Bush administration - for the Taliban acquiring Afghan military weapons. We spent billions of dollars to build an army that was defeated in just a few days. There was never a plan to send troops to collect the more than $70 billion worth of military aid so that we could bring it home.

The main lesson from stories like this should not be centered around military equipment, but rather should serve as a reminder of how futile and expensive nation-building efforts are.
I fully understand that there was no way we could have expected the Afghan people to be such cowards, but I would have rather had them burn all the shit to the ground.

Even if Afghanistan "good" forces get them, we are now hamstrung to the area indefinitely.

Agree. And I wish we’d had a few flyovers bombing the ever loving hell out of that equipment instead of it sitting there with a full tank of fuel and the “keys in the ignition”.
Makes you wonder who handled that set up and who pocketed money.

I fully understand that there was no way we could have expected the Afghan people to be such cowards, but I would have rather had them burn all the shit to the ground.

Even if Afghanistan "good" forces get them, we are now hamstrung to the area indefinitely.

I understand the sentiment, but we would have had to increase the number of troops in the country and put them in harm's way to destroy all of that equipment.
The Afghan's weapons/military equipment were not secured at Bagram, so this would have been an operation that put American soldier's lives in danger. We had enough soldiers die in that shit country that I would rather deal with some parades than have had to risk any more of our soldiers.

nobody-cares-nobody-gives-a-fck.gif
THANKS JOE!

I

You, @ICHerky and other neocon warmongers might want to sit down for this: Trump released 5000 Taliban prisoners, including commanders, who went right back to armed Jihad. Thank God Biden beat his ass…

It's a shame you only care about whether your commie icult leader wins in your mind.

$7 billion dollars could help and feed a lot of Americans in need.

That's 7 million abortion pills you could of bought and handed out.

You’re right. I bet those folks LOVE living in caves and having goat sex.
You have days when you cannot help yourself, don’t you? Disparaging other cultural groups from India and now making seriously anti- Semitic slurs.
If the shoe fits, wear it. Israel has zero moral high ground. They can all f themselves.

You keep going with that one. I’m sure it helps you not to have to consider too many facts.
How did the Taliban get that equipment? 😵‍💫

Yes, we should have spent hundreds of thousands, if not millions, bombing hummers. Brilliant take.

They'd probably have a thriving democracy if we kept troops there another hundred years to protect the kleptocrats we put in charge of running the country
Nailed it.

I remember a lot of squealing in these parts when Trump tried to get us out of Syria.

What is Harris’ plan for our troops being shot at over there?

Why are we invading and partitioning that country again?

Anyone?

I remember a lot of squealing in these parts when Trump tried to get us out of Syria.

What is Harris’ plan for our troops being shot at over there?

Why are we invading and partitioning that country again?

Anyone?
She just did a press release on it.
IN REGARDS TO THE ESCALATION IN SYRIA
From the desk of Kamala Harris:

"Syria is a country, ripe full of Syrian people doing Syrian things. Over there some people never know what's going to happen next. I think Damascus is over there as well. The Syrians are strong and and very Syrian."

Who set the withdrawal date?

"I am the president of the united states, I know the origianly deal was set for this date but after our election and considering all task I've decided xxxx is more achievable. Thank you"

oMg YoU cAnT ChAnGe a DeAL!?!

( We are providing you with safety forces and if any of.you have a problem we are going to skip this half ass shit and I'm going to send every able bodied soldier to this country for 90 days to wipe you all the **** out, we need 30 more days, deal with it.)

"Leader"

"I am the president of the united states, I know the origianly deal was set for this date but after our election and considering all task I've decided xxxx is more achievable. Thank you"

oMg YoU cAnT ChAnGe a DeAL!?!

( We are providing you with safety forces and if any of.you have a problem we are going to skip this half ass shit and I'm going to send every able bodied soldier to this country for 90 days to wipe you all the **** out, we need 30 more days, deal with it.)

"Leader"
Yep, Biden should have approached this differently.

Still does not change the FACT that Trump set the wheels in motion on the fiasco and was its main architect.

Yet another example of why he should never be anywhere near the White House again.

Still does not change the FACT that Trump set the wheels in motion on the fiasco and was its main architect.

Yet another example of why he should never be anywhere near the White House again.

Do you think we're better off out of there, or do you wish American troops were still there?

Absolutely happy to help..

Civilian casualties went up 330% under Trump vs Obama

US troop casualties:

Trump 65
Biden 16

There were 16 war deaths each of the years in the second half of Obama’s second term. Trump immediately escalated those numbers to 21 his first year, along with record bombings (as noted above)…

Reactions: torbee

Never change bro. Get your point where you can and live to play another day.

Hahaha. Hope you have been well man.

Yes, inanimate objects we lost over there, as opposed to the thousands of formerly living beings we also lost over there. Am I missing something?
Describing a UH-60 as an "object" in an attempt to minimize leaving the Talibans millions of dollars in functional military hardware is ****ing hilarious.

Moar!

Reactions: goldmom
Describing a UH-60 as an "object" in an attempt to minimize leaving the Talibans millions of dollars in functional military hardware is ****ing hilarious.

Moar!
You might want to actually read about this equipment. The vast majority of which was in disrepair or destroyed. In fact, I would encourage any MAGAts to have someone with an adult reading level read this all to them, from the words of the military:

Reactions: TheCainer

Moar!
If it wasn’t so fcuking sad it would be hilarious how cute it is that people think that there is a clean way to exit a foreign war. WWII is supposed to be the good war and Ukraine/Gaza are really just proof that it was not a clear, complete, and enduring victory. War, at its greatest elegance, is a controlled failure.

If the shoe fits, wear it. Israel has zero moral high ground. They can all f themselves.
When you live surrounded by people who want you dead 24/7/365 tell me how long you will wait until you decide you’re going to do what it takes to be alive - especially if they’re doing their best to eradicate you.
That’s the history of war. Just wars.
You don’t start them but you damn sure finish them.

If it wasn’t so fcuking sad it would be hilarious how cute it is that people think that there is a clean way to exit a foreign war. WWII is supposed to be the good war and Ukraine/Gaza are really just proof that it was not a clear, complete, and enduring victory. War, at its greatest elegance, is a controlled failure.

1771edce-b2ea-4898-9110-acc3966a0713_text.gif

We are fighting a proxy war with a former WWII ally over land that was theirs at the end of that round of combat. We are funding both sides of the Israel/Gaza conflict over borders that were redrawn at the end of that round of combat. I don’t personally see individual wars as discrete events.

Maybe there wasn't enough equipment to make it worthwhile but I was hoping we could have made a deal and sent the stuff to Ukraine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT