ADVERTISEMENT

"The Truth Behind The Caitlin Clark Conspiracy: For the WNBA to accept you, you have to be Black, LGBTQ or a social activist (preferably all 3)"

Meh, this is some white nationalist shit imo...
Instead of throwing out some ridiculous statement like that, how about go step by step why you think anything said in the video piece was incorrect? Or could it possibly be that women are jealous and envious of another woman? Then throw in the LGBTQ and race issues. But we all know none of those groups can be guilty of anything - right?

Some of the most marketable people/athletes in the world are black. Or will you try to say the names mentioned in the piece are incorrect? God forbid a white girl comes along and grabs a piece of the pie. Maybe part of the reason for her popularity is she doesn't work to alienate so many. Or that she spends an incredible amount of time with fans. She just wants to play basketball - there is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Unless you have an agenda and expect her to fall in line.

@Franisdaman has a history of racism on this site, but he normally keeps it to the OT board.

Sad, really.
Because you're not afraid to criticize or even not like a certain player/person who happens to be of a different race than yours hardly makes you a racist. That term has been thrown around so much it for the most part has lost its true meaning.

Would "black balled" be more correct?

I have no doubt that players (especially Diana Taurasi) didn't want Caitlin on the Olympic team and that they were very vocal about it. I am also guessing it didn't take long for Cheryl Reeve to be convinced.
Conspiracy, like minds, common ground. Call it what you want, but it’s pretty obvious some of the black and/or veteran players (where’s a Venn diagram when you need one) don’t like the white rookie getting all the attention. You have to be naïve to think they don’t talk about it with each other… maybe even challenge each other to take her down a notch. Angel Reese's immediate celebration of that cheap shot foul a couple games ago speaks volumes.

Last edited:
I’m not saying they hate her, I’m saying they don’t like her, they want her to be an activist to fit in.

There are other reasons players could dislike Caitlin. She gets a lot of media coverage, she has an annoying fan base, she complains to the refs, she talks trash, etc. To assume it's solely related to not being an activist is pushing an agenda.

I don't recall Kate Martin being an outspoken "activist" but from everything we see it appears she has fit in great with the Aces and supposed anti-white racist A'ja Wilson.

Last edited:
A quote from the best player in the WNBA

"I think it’s a huge thing. I think a lot of people may say it’s not about black and white, but to me, it is. It really is because you can be top notch at what you are as a black woman, but yet maybe that’s something that people don’t want to see," Wilson told The Associated Press when asked about what role race might play with Clark's appeal.

She further added, "They don’t see it as marketable, so it doesn’t matter how hard I work. It doesn’t matter what we all do as black women, we’re still going to be swept underneath the rug. That’s why it boils my blood when people say it’s not about race because it is."

And the context of that was that both Sabrina and Caitlin have 20 million plus shoe deals

Reactions: wondergrape
It's a shame posters on this board prop up people that use Caitlin's name to push an agenda. When that's clearly not what she wants.

Ha, push an agenda.

More like call out an agenda.

The WNBA is very activist. Very agenda driven. This is BEYOND DEBATE. If you haven't been listening to the players, coaches, and the activist media ("Women's basketball needs future faces to be Black") then all you need to do is go to the WNBA website.

A smattering of the topics, titles, and authors recommended: Black Feminist Thought, Black Girls Matter, Critical Race Theory, How to be an Antiracist, Ibram X Kendi, White Rage, The 1619 Project Podcast ...

Now I know all of this is right up your alley, as I'm sure it is likewise with the questioner who prodded Caitlin. But y'all are fooling no one.

Hell, just keep spouting your politics along with the WNBA, but don't get in a snit when called on it and say "stop being political." Ridiculous.

There are other reasons players could dislike Caitlin. She gets a lot of media coverage, she has an annoying fan base, she complains to the refs, she talks trash, etc. To assume it's solely related to not being an activist is pushing an agenda.

I don't recall Kate Martin being an outspoken "activist" but from everything we see it appears she has fit in great with the Aces and supposed anti-white racist A'ja Wilson.
Comparing CC to Kate Martin . . . LOL

Kate Martin is a fine person and a good basketball player. I enjoyed watching her with the Hawkeyes, and I'm glad she's having a nice start to her pro career. But why would anyone dislike Martin? She's not overshadowing everything and everyone in women's basketball. CC is, and rightfully so. CC has set just about every record there is. She's drawn record crowds from football stadiums to college to the pros. She has mega endorsement deals with all kinds of major companies. And that makes the thugs of the WNBA jealous as hell. They can't stand Caitlin Clark because she's so superior to them in every way, on and off the court.

Kate Martin isn't overshadowing anyone, so try again, pal. Maybe you've heard of apples and oranges . . . LOL

JFC what a joke. It’s a conspiracy!!!!! LOL.
The guy is reporting a lot of facts here and one of them is that CC 22 has never gotten involved in the politics and the race war which is really good for her. I don't think it's a joke at all.. there is some kind of conspiracy to do something to CC 22, obviously. Whether he nailed the actual conspiracy or not... There is something going on .

• Haha
Reactions: wilson reborn
A quote from the best player in the WNBA

"I think it’s a huge thing. I think a lot of people may say it’s not about black and white, but to me, it is. It really is because you can be top notch at what you are as a black woman, but yet maybe that’s something that people don’t want to see," Wilson told The Associated Press when asked about what role race might play with Clark's appeal.

She further added, "They don’t see it as marketable, so it doesn’t matter how hard I work. It doesn’t matter what we all do as black women, we’re still going to be swept underneath the rug. That’s why it boils my blood when people say it’s not about race because it is."
Attention Aja Wilson,

Serena Williams on line one…

At the 6:22 mark, he says that for the WNBA to accept you, you have to be black, LGBTQ or a social activist (preferably all 3). Caitlin is none of them.
I guess you don't get it but she is not accepted. At least that's what a lot of people think when she's not taken for the Olympics. And she gets beaten on regularly. We accept her because we're hawkeyes, but does the league accept her? That's his point... the league is hurting... they need to accept her 100%, which they don't appear to be doing.

The resentment started when playing college ball. I posted this in the angel reece thread. Check out the article on the ESPN wmba page. Not only is it whitewashing what Swoops said, but it is painting Iowa fans as racist. Look how happy Swoops was that Chicago won. A good population of former and active players (& black media) hate Clark.

On ESPN page

Link

In some ways, the ugly side of Clark’s success can be traced back to commentary Swoopes made in January on an episode of former NBA guard Gilbert Arenas’ daily sports podcast Gil’s Arena. Swoopes erroneously said Clark was in her fifth year of eligibility as she was poised to set a Division I scoring record. Swoopes acknowledged that she “made a mistake,” and that Clark was actually in her fourth year of eligibility, but Iowa fans came up with the most nonsensical hashtag and campaign: #DontBeASheryl.

2024-06-26-09-26-02.jpg
That is just a shitty shitty narrative that espin wrote. **** those race baiters. Damn this timeline is crazy

Reactions: ClarindaA's
It's a shame your hatred of black/gay women outweighs your Fandom of Caitlin Clark.
No hatred. Eyes open to the possibility that things are really as they seem. Caitlin is an object of scorn in many people's eyes. Many are black. Many are white pushing an agenda. Your rhetoric is polarizing and if your true goal is to improve the situation you wouldn't go about it in this manner. Caitlin is being singled out and criticized by all manner of people pushing a myriad of agendas. Maybe you can't see the truth because your head is so far up your ass you can't see the whole picture. Just your angle and your agenda.

JFC people, Twitter comments aren't real life. The loud Twitter morons do not represent the very large majority of people that love CC for the way she PLAYS and the way she conducts herself. The fact that some people on here, as well ast he WNBA players, are pushing the narrative that there is some huge agenda being pushed in her name by some large segement is so incredibly asinine it makes me head hurt . Quit buying in to Twitter algorithms whose entire premise is to drive engagement because ITS NOT REAL LIFE. Chris sakes

Reactions: globalhawk
Introducing the savior for the WNBA: Devin Dark!!! She wears #33. DD33.
She is the perfect specimen. Nobody knows her race because she is from LA -she tans in the sun all day. She is LBGTQ or one of those letters, we don’t know which. Her politics are so far left that she only has fantasies about a male if it’s Bernie Sanders. She has no problem giving out the flagrant fouls. She eats people like Clark for lunch. Her fan base is not annoying at all …in fact her fanbase knows how to get into all the nighttime hotspots.

I don’t think A’ja is racist. She’s jealous. Some way a white golfer in 1997 could have been jealous of Tiger

So what about the straight white females in the game today that are Superstars?

Jesus some of ya all just got to keep pushing this bullshit narrative

Candice Wiggins has been very out spoken about the hate and bullying she received in the W as a popular, straight, black player; do you not think it could be possible a white player would face the same, or likely worse treatment?

No doubt her popularity rubs some players the wrong way, but if you don't think CC'S race and sexuality have a lot to do with the dislike she has from other players you're incredibly naive.

Last edited:
I don’t think A’ja is racist. She’s jealous. Some way a white golfer in 1997 could have been jealous of Tiger
No - you know that all of those white golfers were really racist white supremecist klansmen, right? All of those people in the record breaking crowds just couldn't help themselves dropping hundreds of dollars to get a glimpse of him. Advertisers were just looking for something to attach their product to so it could fail because you know, Tiger was a person of color and no way anyone would accept that.

You want to talk about an agenda - it's something pushed by activists that want to say anytime a certain group/person is disliked is because of their race or preferences. Might it be because their personality sucks?

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
They don't hate her because she is white and straight. They hate her because she is better and more popular than they are.

Honestly, the right plays the race card nowadays almost as much as the left did ten years ago.

• Wow
Reactions: ddeanHawk
I’m not saying they hate her, I’m saying they don’t like her, they want her to be an activist to fit in.
Being an activist is a great way to get your name out there when you make a teacher's salary. Being an activist is a great way to piss away 8 figure contracts as corporations don't like to piss off large segments of their customer base.

There are a few notable exceptions, but I can guarantee you those companies didn't make those moves without doing a ton of market research to see what the long and short term consequences of the move would be.

No hatred. Eyes open to the possibility that things are really as they seem. Caitlin is an object of scorn in many people's eyes. Many are black. Many are white pushing an agenda. Your rhetoric is polarizing and if your true goal is to improve the situation you wouldn't go about it in this manner. Caitlin is being singled out and criticized by all manner of people pushing a myriad of agendas. Maybe you can't see the truth because your head is so far up your ass you can't see the whole picture. Just your angle and your agenda.
This.

The WNBA is projected to lose $50M this season.

Because of Caitlin:
* Charter flights instead of commercial

* More ticket, concession, parking, etc. revenue not just for the Fever but for every venue she visits

* More TV viewership, which means a better upcoming TV deal?

You would think that Caitlin would be embraced and that these women would all pull together.

You'd think....
I’m not sure how much better the TV contract will be since the networks obviously see the only games getting significantly higher ratings are the ones Clark is playing in. ESPN handed much of the playoffs off to other networks…they obviously realize Clark likely won’t be in the playoffs so no one will watch.

They don't hate her because she is white and straight. They hate her because she is better and more popular than they are.

Honestly, the right plays the race card nowadays almost as much as the left did ten years ago.
Just take the word "don't" out and change the first period to a comma and you have the perfect comment. With your final sentence you should have added the fact the left has never stopped using it. Fixed it for you.

I like to think I’m a reasonable person not pushing any agenda. I don’t think there is a “conspiracy” among the entire W establishment but rather an amazing collective inability to control a host of childish emotions to the detriment of pragmatic self-interest in long term financial and viewership gain. And, that shit show is off putting if not alienating. Or, at least parts of it are.

Yep, through jealousy & pettiness, they are cutting off their noses to spite their faces.

And I don't think there's any question Caitlin got black balled (no pun intended) by being left off the Olympic team. They showed her!

Think of all of the new WNBA viewers, just because of Caitlin. And these new viewers can't be impressed by what they are seeing.

On the alienation point I was making above, this part of that article is an absolute turn off:

"If I might paraphrase the start of “Thuggish Ruggish Bone,” by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, we’re not against Clark, we’re not against her impact on the game. But we are against fans who make it seem like she’s all that women’s basketball has ever offered. It’s a clear and deliberate erasure of Black and progressive women who have made this game special."

There are going to be trolls in every nook and cranny of the internet, but come on, 99.9% of Iowa/Caitlin fans just want to watch her play basketball and hopefully continue her high level of success, whether that success comes at the expense of Stewart/Ionescu/[insert white player name here] or Wilson/[insert black player name here]. No sane person is making a clear and deliberate attempt to erase black or "progressive" (I assume that is code for gay?) women from the game of basketball. To suggest otherwise is extremely offensive and off putting.

ESPN has been struggling financially and turning off viewers/readers for a long time now with stuff like this

I don’t think A’ja is racist. She’s jealous.

Companies have signed numerous endorsement deals with Black women and Black men. When Caitlin's $28M shoe deal with Nike was revealed, ESPN was quick to write, "where is A'ja's shoe deal?"

Nike soon bowed to the pressure.

That ESPN story:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT