ADVERTISEMENT

"The Truth Behind The Caitlin Clark Conspiracy: For the WNBA to accept you, you have to be Black, LGBTQ or a social activist (preferably all 3)"

A'ja 100% deserves her own shoe. Don't be crazy morons.

According to your "logic," the crazy morons were the decision makers at Nike and other shoe companies! After all, this is A'ja's 7th year in the WNBA! Why wait so long for a shoe deal with her??? Because the numbers didn't look good to Nike and the other shoe companies? And now the financial numbers do look good?

For A'ja's sake, I hope her shoes sell. Sabrina's signature shoe sells for $130.

They don't hate her because she is white and straight. They hate her because she is better and more popular than they are.

Honestly, the right plays the race card nowadays almost as much as the left did ten years ago.
Being blunt, I think if Caitlin were a black lesbian, she would be having an easier go of it in the WNBA and be more accepted by her peers. With that said, she probably wouldn’t have near the attention or fan base either for reasons A’ja Wilson stated in a post earlier in the thread.

So the WNBA and its players are caught in a dilemma. They want someone who is “representative” of their league while also gaining wider appeal. That seems unlikely to me, so they might just have to take the best option available… which is riding the Caitlin Clark wave.

According to your "logic," the crazy morons were the decision makers at Nike and other shoe companies! After all, this is A'ja's 7th year in the WNBA! Why wait so long for a shoe deal with her??? Because the numbers didn't look good to Nike and the other shoe companies? And now the financial numbers do look good?

For A'ja's sake, I hope her shoes sell. Sabrina's signature shoe sells for $130.
Why wait? Are you all dumb? You wait until it is profitable. Nobody cared about the WNBA. Caitlin Clark arrives, and now people care. The best player in the league gets a shoe because she is a beast and now people know. Seriously, did you know who AJa Wilson was six months ago? I didn't.

You guys are overcomplicating all of this. People can only view things through the lens of politics anymore. Sometimes people playing sports is just people playing sports.

It's idiots like you who turn into this whole crybaby-we're-all-so-oppressed bullshit.

• Wow
Reactions: ddeanHawk
Being blunt, I think if Caitlin were a black lesbian, she would be having an easier go of it in the WNBA and be more accepted by her peers. With that said, she probably wouldn’t have near the attention or fan base either for reasons A’ja Wilson stated in a post earlier in the thread.

So the WNBA and its players are caught in a dilemma. They want someone who is “representative” of their league while also gaining wider appeal. That seems unlikely to me, so they might just have to take the best option available… which is riding the Caitlin Clark wave.
Good, reasonable post.

Why wait? Are you all dumb? You wait until it is profitable. Nobody cared about the WNBA. Caitlin Clark arrives, and now people care. The best player in the league gets a shoe because she is a beast and now people know. Seriously, did you know who AJa Wilson was six months ago? I didn't.

You guys are overcomplicating all of this. People can only view things through the lens of politics anymore. Sometimes people playing sports is just people playing sports.

It's idiots like you who turn into this whole crybaby-we're-all-so-oppressed bullshit.
I’m not sure Iowa fans are the ones making it about race in the beginning, just calling out all the black womens hating on CC and saying her success and popularity was racism at work

I predict that when Paige enters the league, she'll get the treatment that CC should've gotten by the wnba and its players. She's the perfect mouthpiece for them. Forget clark vs reece, it's going to be clark vs bueckers for a long time.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
A'ja 100% deserves her own shoe. Don't be crazy morons.
Deserving because of her talent and deserving because she is marketable and people will buy her shoes because of it are two completely different things. Welcome to the real world. Compare golfers Tiger Woods and Scottie Scheffler. Scheffler's current year will likely far surpass Tiger Woods' greatest year ever and no chance is he, or will he ever be as marketable as Tiger. Oh, and Scheffler is white.

There are other reasons players could dislike Caitlin. She gets a lot of media coverage, she has an annoying fan base, she complains to the refs, she talks trash, etc. To assume it's solely related to not being an activist is pushing an agenda.

I don't recall Kate Martin being an outspoken "activist" but from everything we see it appears she has fit in great with the Aces and supposed anti-white racist A'ja Wilson.
Lol... First Kate is invisible to the media as compared to Clark, and her endorsements, so WHY would they be envious of her? 2nd Kate is gay, so you can cross off that group as well....

Companies have signed numerous endorsement deals with Black women and Black men. When Caitlin's $28M shoe deal with Nike was revealed, ESPN was quick to write, "where is A'ja's shoe deal?"

Nike soon bowed to the pressure.

That ESPN story:

They didn't bow to the pressure. Her shoe deal was already in the works.

How many white players have a shoe deal by the way?

Reactions: ddeanHawk
The resentment started when playing college ball. I posted this in the angel reece thread. Check out the article on the ESPN wmba page. Not only is it whitewashing what Swoops said, but it is painting Iowa fans as racist. Look how happy Swoops was that Chicago won. A good population of former and active players (& black media) hate Clark.
That dude is Sheryl Swoopes. Wow

On ESPN page

Link

In some ways, the ugly side of Clark’s success can be traced back to commentary Swoopes made in January on an episode of former NBA guard Gilbert Arenas’ daily sports podcast Gil’s Arena. Swoopes erroneously said Clark was in her fifth year of eligibility as she was poised to set a Division I scoring record. Swoopes acknowledged that she “made a mistake,” and that Clark was actually in her fourth year of eligibility, but Iowa fans came up with the most nonsensical hashtag and campaign: #DontBeASheryl.

2024-06-26-09-26-02.jpg

Reactions: Mister_Man
Sad thing is it just makes it harder on Caitlin. If they would just ignore these bad actors who clearly have an agenda to push about other players (mostly black and lgbtq) in the league the fewer non basketball questions Caitlin will be forced to answer.

Right, the intolerant, race obsessed, hate filled monolithic leftists of the WNBA certainly are not to blame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT