ADVERTISEMENT

"Their character is high..."

There is zero evidence besides an accusation that Shannon is guilty of anything, and the police affidavit is an paper thin and contradictory. The man deserves to be treated as innocent until proven guilty, ESPECIALLY considering the total lack of circumstantial evidence.

Unfortunately, most of our countrymen do not uphold that principle, and our society effectively functions as guilty until proven innocent. Especially when the innocent individual plays for a basketball team they root against, I guess?

Enjoy your postseason.

There is zero evidence besides an accusation that Shannon is guilty of anything, and the police affidavit is an paper thin and contradictory. The man deserves to be treated as innocent until proven guilty, ESPECIALLY considering the total lack of circumstantial evidence.

Unfortunately, most of our countrymen do not uphold that principle, and our society effectively functions as guilty until proven innocent. Especially when the innocent individual plays for a basketball team they root against, I guess?

Enjoy your postseason.
Yeah, you tell them mr internet white knight.

Enjoy your postseason.
I'll never understand why posters come over to our boards immediately their team wins something. Michigan fans did the same thing and happens all the time around here. Weird as ****

Michigan was interested in Shannon when he left Texas Tech, but the admissions department thought better.

"In truth, Michigan had some reservations about Shannon that went beyond academics. According to a source, he entered the portal on the team plane ride back to campus after Texas Tech’s NCAA Tournament loss in the Sweet 16, a red flag regarding his character. In the end, though, the admissions department made the call, just as was the case with North Carolina transfer Caleb Love and others."

Good call.

I will support your opinion as a good one but feel i must fight the Nightman

Enjoy your postseason.

In today's game the Wisconsin band chanted "No means no" at Shannon. Big Ten officials made them stop.

Flashback to 2018 and Badger WR Q Cephus was suspended and expelled from Wisconsin for student misconduct. He was acquitted of 2 sexual assault charges at his trial and reinstated at Wisconsin.

I give the U of Wisconsin props for having integrity and giving Cephus the boot and not allowing him play until the results of the trial.

Illinois on the other hand delays Shannon's trial for at least 3 months ( scheduling issue yeah right) until after the basketball season so he can play. The university tells Underwood to treat Shannon like any other student. No student misconduct code broken at the U of Illinois.

The entire state of Illinois has no issues with Shannon representing them. Probably delay his trial again until after the draft

In today's game the Wisconsin band chanted "No means no" at Shannon. Big Ten officials made them stop.

Flashback to 2018 and Badger WR Q Cephus was suspended and expelled from Wisconsin for student misconduct. He was acquitted of 2 sexual assault charges at his trial and reinstated at Wisconsin.

I give the U of Wisconsin props for having integrity and giving Cephus the boot and not allowing him play until the results of the trial.

Illinois on the other hand delays Shannon's trial for at least 3 months ( scheduling issue yeah right) until after the basketball season so he can play. The university tells Underwood to treat Shannon like any other student. No student misconduct code broken at the U of Illinois.

The entire state of Illinois has no issues with Shannon representing them. Probably delay his trial again until after the draft
Yeah, this isn't a very accurate take at all. Illinois did not delay Shannon's trial. There are a multitude of problems with the case, the delay was a result of the case at hand and not anything Illinois did. A judge ruled that Illinois had to let TSJ play. That pesky "innocent until proven guilty" thing.

Read up on the actual circumstances of the incident and the DA that is pushing this.

Enjoy your postseason.
If no evidence then why didn’t the charge get dropped? I’m not all that familiar with the case but there must be something there.

Enjoy your postseason.
Guarantee if the shoe was on the other foot with an Iowa, Purdue or mich st player you’d be singing a different tune.

Rumor has it the UIllinois Athletic Department sent President Trump a list of potential lawyers to interview a few years ago…….

Yeah, this isn't a very accurate take at all. Illinois did not delay Shannon's trial. There are a multitude of problems with the case, the delay was a result of the case at hand and not anything Illinois did. A judge ruled that Illinois had to let TSJ play. That pesky "innocent until proven guilty" thing.

Read up on the actual circumstances of the incident and the DA that is pushing this.
I didn't say the U of Ill did, that's on you on your take. Illinois legal system did. Now who's behind that? Probably an alum.

Why does Wisconsin say "No means no you can't play and you are expelled. Now go home and wait on your trial".

What's your school do? Throw out your morality for wins. Your school and state are sick and corrupt.

Case in point...
"Even though sexual assaults occur semi-frequently and remains a concern on campus, many students are not aware of the consequences for a student who sexually assaults someone.

Expulsion is not actually an option at the University of Illinois. The Senate Committee has not included that among the possible sanctions,” said Justin Brown, associate dean of students and director of the Office for Student Conflict Resolution."

Last edited:
Illinois suspended Shannon per university student conduct code.
Shannon sued Illinois, the athletic dept, the AD and Underwood..
Shannon beat them in court with judge ordering Underwood to play Shannon full minutes as before.
Underwood has no choice. Hands are tied so he reluctantly won BTT with Shannon and plausible deniability if Shannon is found guilty. Lose-win deal.

Look. We all know that no woman has ever falsely accused a famous, rich or soon to be rich man of rape the next day after regret of what she consented to the night before.
Markfromj, you are the guy worried about observations that white B-ball players are not as good as African American players but you are fine with potential rape/sexual abuse playing basketball as long as it isn't proven.

The Univ. of Illinois should have been allowed to separate Shannon from his team. He has constituitional right to his freedom and fair trial, but nothing in constitution says he has a right to play basketball.

There have been far, far more women raped/abused over the years than false charges. Shannon possibly is innocent, definitely made some mistakes in judgement to get himself into this position. I think Kobe Bryant was likely guilty of some form of sexual abuse and he just compensated his accuser. He's somehow revered as a great guy. Shannon is going to follow the same script.

Shannon has a lot of NBA money waiting for him---he'll pay off this lady and he can claim he's not a rapist/abuser just like Kobe.

BTW, Pierre Pierce was innocent until proven guilty after his 1st rape accusation. I'd say in retrospect we all wish he'd been kicked off team at that point.

Reactions: Hawkdiver

This isn’t true….

There have been far, far more women raped/abused over the years than false charges.
BTW, Pierre Pierce was innocent until proven guilty after his 1st rape accusation. I'd say in retrospect we all wish he'd been kicked off team at that point.
But we don’t mete out justice based on macro historical statistics. We look at each case.

Yes, on the PP case, as with all, hindsight is 20/20.

What part? It's from SI.

Illinois was forced to reinstate him. Underwood didn’t even play him at first if memory serves. Lawyers forced him back on the team. Now he didn’t have to be played, but….

There was pretty much no way for this to end well for Illinois had they not reinstated him and/or played him… Eventually, a lawyer would be involved and accusing the university of ruining his earning potential if he came back innocent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT