ADVERTISEMENT

This is us and Loudermilk

Tenacious E

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
We’ve run out of things we both want to watch (or at least new episodes) so we started these two shows on Netflix. Both are pretty good, if you’re in the same boat, and have not seen them. Csb

Really like both shows. In the middle of Loudermilk right now, watched This is Us when it was airing. One of my favorite shows.

Reactions: Tenacious E
We’ve run out of things we both want to watch (or at least new episodes) so we started these two shows on Netflix. Both are pretty good, if you’re in the same boat, and have not seen them. Csb
Wow, just started watching Loudermilk last night - enjoying it

Ah Loudermilk hit Netflix, that is why people are suddenly talking about it. It was recommended to me back in 2019 or 2020 and I found some streams but it wasn't on any of the popular streaming services at the time. I wonder why Netflix suddenly decided to add to rotation. It's a good show, I would have thought they'd have picked it up already if they were going to.

Ah Loudermilk hit Netflix, that is why people are suddenly talking about it. It was recommended to me back in 2019 or 2020 and I found some streams but it wasn't on any of the popular streaming services at the time. I wonder why Netflix suddenly decided to add to rotation. It's a good show, I would have thought they'd have picked it up already if they were going to.
I love that there are platforms like Netflix and Hulu to breathe life into shows which never got their proper due the first time around, or which people like me somehow missed. The craziest one that people will laugh at is Modern Family. Somehow we never watched it as it was on the air, but we started watching it a year or so ago on the recommendation of friends and binged almost the entire series as fast as we could. I still laugh thinking about the pilot episode:

This is us was great. Tear jerker at times, but a really well done show. Haven’t seen loudermilk. Will check it out. We are about half way through peaky blinders right now. Pretty good one as well.

This is us was great. Tear jerker at times, but a really well done show. Haven’t seen loudermilk. Will check it out. We are about half way through peaky blinders right now. Pretty good one as well.
I have to admit this is us had my allergies kicking up more than a few times, and we are only about 3 episodes in. The back half of the pilot episode was powerful, as was when the sister sang time after time at the retirement home...

Reactions: luvmyhawks
I have to admit this is us had my allergies kicking up more than a few times, and we are only about 3 episodes in. The back half of the pilot episode was powerful, as was when the sister sang time after time at the retirement home...

You ant seen nothing yet. It is just a really well done show.

Wife is watching ‘This Is Us’ right now. I think the story is really cool, but I find the characters unlikeable. Minority opinion I’m sure, as I know it was very popular and critically acclaimed.

Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
Wife is watching ‘This Is Us’ right now. I think the story is really cool, but I find the characters unlikeable. Minority opinion I’m sure, as I know it was very popular and critically acclaimed.
My only criticism of it thus far is that with the good looking brother who is an actor, there is no permanent reciprocal eye candy for men, although I did enjoy the women at the party in the pilot episode who are apparently his threesome booty call.

MV5BMjI5NTQ2OTAyMV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDkzNjc4OTE@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: Mayland
This is Us is a great show until COVID hit...then they had to incorporate it into the show instead of giving us a reprieve from real life. After the COVID-era passes, the show gets good again.

My only criticism of it thus far is that with the good looking brother who is an actor, there is no permanent reciprocal eye candy for men, although I did enjoy the women at the party in the pilot episode who are apparently his threesome booty call.

oddly enough, he never really hooks up with any true smoke shows through the entire series that I can recall. I, however, found the mom, Mandy Moore incredibly hot and pretty pleasing on the eyes the entire series.

oddly enough, he never really hooks up with any true smoke shows through the entire series that I can recall. I, however, found the mom, Mandy Moore incredibly hot and pretty pleasing on the eyes the entire series.
Yes she is super hot. I guess I wasn't sure if the flashbacks are over. Glad to see she is still a character.

We just finished season 1 of Loudermilk. It is okay but it didn't grab us so much. Not sure if we'll watch season 2. Does it get better?

Kate doesn’t do it for you?

• Haha
My wife would watch This is Us and subject me to it until I'd leave the room. Couldn't stand that show. The only likable character was the dad and they kill him (yes, I know he's around in flashbacks all the time), but still, they kill off the likable dude and leave the whiny a**es around.

Reactions: Mayland
My wife would watch This is Us and subject me to it until I'd leave the room and go watch Desperate Housewives. Couldn't stand that show. The only likable character was the dad and they kill him (yes, I know he's around in flashbacks all the time), but still, they kill off the likable dude and leave the whiny a**es around.
I couldn't resist. 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: SSG T
She actually looks more slim in that pic than she did on the show. Not to fat shame, but she was… ah never mind.
You can tell if she lost the weight she would be incredibly attractive. But alas... I am not fat shaming, but the reality is most people don't find super obese people attractive. It is what it is.

Peaky Blinders is on my all-time top 10.

Peaky Blinders is on my all-time top 10.

It is really good. Only complaint I have is the accent is so thick sometimes I am not sure what they are saying. LOL. I could use captions, but I hate captions. Peaky Blinders is a strong recommend by me.

It is really good. Only complaint I have is the accent is so thick sometimes I am not sure what they are saying. LOL. I could use captions, but I hate captions. Peaky Blinders is a strong recommend by me.
Captions on was a gamechanger for us. We went back and started it over after adding captions.

Just watched the Christmas episode of season one. Damn. Tear jerker indeed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT