ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

More of the poor become fodder while Moscow and St Petersburg men are safe.

"Barnaul is a city on the western banks of the Ob River in the Altai Krai region of Siberia, Russia. Set along the river, Nagorny Park contains old tombs, plus the city’s name in large letters. Nearby, Altai State Museum of Local Lore documents military and mining history in a 19th-century building. The red-brick Pokrovsky Cathedral is topped with blue domes. To the northwest, Barnaul Zoo is home to lions and wolves. ― Google"

Those FSB boys look healthy and motivated. You’d think that they’d be lining up for a chance to serve on the front lines of the war against fascism and the Ukrainian Nazis.
More like happy to be “serving” the cause in safer climes. Prolly well paid to be the enforcers.

Reactions: Torg and h-hawk
More of the poor become fodder while Moscow and St Petersburg men are safe.

"Barnaul is a city on the western banks of the Ob River in the Altai Krai region of Siberia, Russia. Set along the river, Nagorny Park contains old tombs, plus the city’s name in large letters. Nearby, Altai State Museum of Local Lore documents military and mining history in a 19th-century building. The red-brick Pokrovsky Cathedral is topped with blue domes. To the northwest, Barnaul Zoo is home to lions and wolves. ― Google"
Russia is like a real life Panem (Hunger Games)

GQs9VGvW8AIJfjC

I read an article about how Russia is making their advances. They are essentially Mariupoling towns on the front with glide bombs with massive payloads. Indiscriminate annihilation. They are starting in on Kharkiv with the same terrorism. I’m ok with a like response from Ukraine. Light ‘em up.
I don’t know if anyone actually reads them, I assume my emails are flagged to go straight to a junk file, but all of my communication with my members of Congress mention Russia’s targeting of civilians, rape as a tactic, American hostages, how Russian aggression affects Iowa’s / The US economy, and stolen Ukrainian children.

I read an article about how Russia is making their advances. They are essentially Mariupoling towns on the front with glide bombs with massive payloads. Indiscriminate annihilation. They are starting in on Kharkiv with the same terrorism. I’m ok with a like response from Ukraine. Light ‘em up.
Ukraine should indiscriminately send a fleet of incendiary drones to the Moscow area. Whatever they hit is great. And if they are banned, who cares-Russia is constantly using banned weapons.

It’s how they won in Chechnya.
Ever see the pictures of that place afterwards?

https://nsarchive.gwu.edu/briefing-...ki-and-us-response-to-russias-war-in-chechnya

Representatives of the OSCE who conducted a fact-finding mission to Chechnya “were appalled by the magnitude of destruction and compared the condition of Grozny with that of Stalingrad during World War II.”[7] The State Department received a summary of the OSCE findings a day before the Victory Day celebration in Moscow (Document 26). Others compared the situation in Chechnya to that of Bosnia when its capital city was under siege by Serbian militia forces and the Serbian army—actions that eventually provoked NATO intervention. In the winter of 1995 “at the height of the shelling of Sarajevo there were thirty-five hundred detonations a day, while in Grozny the winter bombing reached a rate of four thousand detonations an hour.”[8]

• Angry
Reactions: h-hawk
No; don't waste munitions on civilians.

Destroy their roads and rail 100 miles from the Ukrainian border.
Destroy the trains.
Take out all of their bridges

When they can no longer re-arm troops at the front, this is over. You run roughshod over their troops until they are back over the border, then you let them join NATO the next week. Then Vlad can decide if he wants the entirety of Western forces taking out his army, rail systems and infrastructure, cuz that'd be over in a couple days.

Good story about how Russia produces a lot of the world’s uranium, and efforts to amp up production in the West. Like cheap Russian oil and gas the US got dependent on cheap Russian uranium. The Biden has upped sanctions on this important source of revenue for Putin’s war machine.

Good story about how Russia produces a lot of the world’s uranium, and efforts to amp up production in the West. Like cheap Russian oil and gas the US got dependent on cheap Russian uranium. The Biden has upped sanctions on this important source of revenue for Putin’s war machine.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/24/...s-pressed-for-control-of-uranium-company.html

The headline on the website Pravda trumpeted President Vladimir V. Putin’s latest coup, its nationalistic fervor recalling an era when its precursor served as the official mouthpiece of the Kremlin: “Russian Nuclear Energy Conquers the World.”

The article, in January 2013, detailed how the Russian atomic energy agency, Rosatom, had taken over a Canadian company with uranium-mining stakes stretching from Central Asia to the American West. The deal made Rosatom one of the world’s largest uranium producers and brought Mr. Putin closer to his goal of controlling much of the global uranium supply chain.

But the untold story behind that story is one that involves not just the Russian president, but also a former American president and a woman who would like to be the next one.

At the heart of the tale are several men, leaders of the Canadian mining industry, who have been major donors to the charitable endeavors of former President Bill Clinton and his family. Members of that group built, financed and eventually sold off to the Russians a company that would become known as Uranium One.

Beyond mines in Kazakhstan that are among the most lucrative in the world, the sale gave the Russians control of one-fifth of all uranium production capacity in the United States. Since uranium is considered a strategic asset, with implications for national security, the deal had to be approved by a committee composed of representatives from a number of United States government agencies. Among the agencies that eventually signed off was the State Department, then headed by Mr. Clinton’s wife, Hillary Rodham Clinton.

As the Russians gradually assumed control of Uranium One in three separate transactions from 2009 to 2013, Canadian records show, a flow of cash made its way to the Clinton Foundation. Uranium One’s chairman used his family foundation to make four donations totaling $2.35 million. Those contributions were not publicly disclosed by the Clintons, despite an agreement Mrs. Clinton had struck with the Obama White House to publicly identify all donors. Other people with ties to the company made donations as well.

And shortly after the Russians announced their intention to acquire a majority stake in Uranium One, Mr. Clinton received $500,000 for a Moscow speech from a Russian investment bank with links to the Kremlin that was promoting Uranium One stock.

• Angry
Reactions: h-hawk and SA_Hawk
I didn't know it had a 'manual mode':

In ‘manual’ mode the phalanx operator can ‘point and shoot’ at targets indicated by the cameras. Phalanx is likely to be lethal against small, unprotected boats, USVs and UAVs, only a large ‘swarm’ attack could overwhelm it.

At the higher rate of fire, a Phalanx spits out 150 20mm rounds in a typical two-second burst. The system's magazine can hold up to 1,550 rounds, which equates to 20 seconds of total firing time at 4,500 rounds per minute.

Not sure how long it takes to reload one. The 40mm Bofors is a winner in that cateogry, I'm sure.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2
Rewatch the video on closeup...the wounded dude pointed at his temple like he asked the other soldier to shoot him.

He curled up and ducked his head right before the head shot.
Yeah? His buddy didn’t waste any time trying to tend to him, call for an evac, or talk him out of it if that’s what happened.

Reactions: Torg and noleclone2

Russia’s shifting tactics put unprecedented pressure on Ukraine’s already hobbled power system​

By Clare Sebastian and Olga Voitovych, CNN
Updated 6:51 AM EDT, Sat June 22, 2024
Kyiv CNN —
Kateryna Serzhan says the only way to survive Ukraine’s almost daily blackout schedule is to “always have a plan B.”
Serzhan’s resilience masks a deepening crisis in Ukraine. These are not the first rolling blackouts since Russia’s full-scale invasion, but they are the first to happen in the spring and early summer – traditionally the months with lowest electricity demand before air-conditioning season kicks in – underscoring the scale of the supply problem.
In the early hours of Thursday morning, Ukraine endured the seventh massive Russian attack on its energy facilities since March 22 this year. Ukrenergo, the state-owned grid operator, reported damage in four regions. Seven energy workers were injured, and previously scheduled power outages extended.
On Saturday, “massive” Russian missile attacks hit several Ukrainian energy facilities, leaving thousands without power, officials said.
In the Zaporizhzhia region, two power engineers were injured and the energy facility was damaged overnight, according to Ivan Fedorov, the head of Zaporizhzhia’s regional military administration.
Ukraine’s energy grid has been firmly in the crosshairs of Russian missiles since the war began but this year Moscow began specifically targeting power generation facilities – thermal power plants, hydroelectric power stations, even energy storage facilities – a marked shift in tactics from the previous winter, when the attacks were less precise, and the damage easier to repair. Experts say Russia has been using better weaponry and taking advantage of thin Ukrainian air defenses.
At Ukraine’s reconstruction conference in Berlin in mid-June, President Volodymyr Zelensky laid out the scale of the destruction from the first six attacks. “Russian missile and drone strikes have already destroyed 9 GW of capacity, while the peak energy consumption in Ukraine last winter was 18 GW. So, half of it does not exist anymore,” he said.

• Angry
Reactions: h-hawk
Rewatch the video on closeup...the wounded dude pointed at his temple like he asked the other soldier to shoot him.

He curled up and ducked his head right before the head shot.
I thought it was more like having convulsions. I don’t think he would have the time to process asking to be killed that quickly. Now I will say the shooter may have seen his entire intestines and organs were spilling out and he was in death throes and did it to hasten his end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT