ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

It may be about to get even worse for Russia.

The online newspaper Defense Express writes that the UAV is designed to destroy enemy targets, can take off vertically, can fly for about six hours, has an infrared camera, is able to destroy medium-armored targets.

The newspaper notes that the flight time of the Phoenix Ghost is much longer than Swtichblade and Warmate (six hours against 40 minutes). Therefore, journalists suggest that Phoenix Ghost is not a small drone.

According to Defense Express, the UAV was developed considering the trench warfare in the Donbas, which lasted until February 24. Journalists believe that in positional warfare, the Phoenix Ghost can be used to attack counter-battery radars, UAV control points, artillery control vehicles, artillery systems and air defense systems.

Last edited:
The online newspaper Defense Express writes that the UAV is designed to destroy enemy targets, can take off vertically, can fly for about six hours, has an infrared camera, is able to destroy medium-armored targets.

The newspaper notes that the flight time of the Phoenix Ghost is much longer than Swtichblade and Warmate (six hours against 40 minutes). Therefore, journalists suggest that Phoenix Ghost is not a small drone.

According to Defense Express, the UAV was developed considering the trench warfare in the Donbas, which lasted until February 24. Journalists believe that in positional warfare, the Phoenix Ghost can be used to attack counter-battery radars, UAV control points, artillery control vehicles, artillery systems and air defense systems.
I wonder how deep into Russia the 6 hours of flight time would take it:)

Our the leaders of France , Germany and Italy so naive to believe Putin can be trusted with a deal or is there something more sinister at work.
Nothing sinister. They’re pushing their national interests.

A prolonged war isn’t in their national interests.

It is what it is..

Reactions: lucas80

It is what it is..
The "good news" is that if the war gets too long in the tooth for them, they can't really withdraw a lot of heavy weapons support from Ukraine (they're not providing much, relatively speaking).

In addition, both 🇫🇷 and 🇩🇪 have agreed that dropping of sanctions on Russia will occur when Ukraine says so.

It is what it is..
But if France and Germany went all in, this would be over in a shorter time. Their apparent fear of Ukraine being an European power is at least part of what is prolonging the war.
(Another example of Germany's lack of effort - they say they are considering sending an anti aircraft missile system....sometime this fall!)

Last edited:

It is what it is..
I disagree. They are simply small-minded bureaucrats who can't see beyond maintaining 2% economic growth and the next election.

There are no big thinkers that can envision the opportunities that a non-oppositional relationship with Russia could afford. They should be making every effort to ensure Putin utterly fails, and then how Russia could be brought into the EU and broader European security and economic systems in a cooperative fashion.

I disagree. They are simply small-minded bureaucrats who can't see beyond maintaining 2% economic growth and the next election.

There are no big thinkers that can envision the opportunities that a non-oppositional relationship with Russia could afford. They should be making every effort to ensure Putin utterly fails, and then how Russia could be brought into the EU and broader European security and economic systems in a cooperative fashion.
How long will it take for Ukraine to
meet their goal of pushing Russia back to the pre-2014 borders? From the looks of things at minimum a year or 2. As the months go by the German/French/Italy faction will gain strength. Especially if Europe is plunged into recession.

World wide pressure will mount if food supplies continue to be effected by the war.

Hopefully we pump in enough stuff so Ukraine can get to where they want to be in a quicker timeframe

meet their goal of pushing Russia back to the pre-2014 borders? From the looks of things at minimum a year or 2. As the months go by the German/French/Italy faction will gain strength. Especially if Europe is plunged into recession.

World wide pressure will mount if food supplies continue to be effected by the war.

Hopefully we pump in enough stuff so Ukraine can get to where they want to be in a quicker timeframe
Given enough weapons for their upcoming million man army I'm thinking it could be much sooner than that. It will be interesting if Ukraine can maintain and expand the momentum. I keep expecting a big time offense in the South when Ukraine builds up enough men and weapons.

Reactions: binsfeldcyhawk2

Unless Russia somehow begins to slow Ukrainian gains, I think the pre-2014 borders could be achieved well before your timeline, but who knows with certainty.
In my mind, clearing out the Russian naval embargo is the factor that would cause Putin to complete an epic fail.

Given enough weapons for their upcoming million man army I'm thinking it could be much sooner than that. It will be interesting if Ukraine can maintain and expand the momentum. I keep expecting a big time offense in the South when Ukraine builds up enough men and weapons.
It's just amazing. Can still remember the first week or so when despite the obvious fierce Ukrainian resistance we still all expected Kiev or Kharkiv to fall at any moment.

Now they've cleared the Russians out of both of those areas. The Russians were always going to "lose" this war even if they "won" because they weren't going to be able to subjugate the Ukrainians, but they're just outright losing, losing badly on the battlefield. Amazing.

"Kick the can down the road" is a bad strategy.
Ramp up the weapons and pressure until Russia is fully evicted. With whatever NATO resources that requires. If you want it done faster, then implement every resource available to do it.

Unless Russia somehow begins to slow Ukrainian gains, I think the pre-2014 borders could be achieved well before your timeline, but who knows with certainty.
In my mind, clearing out the Russian naval embargo is the factor that would cause Putin to complete an epic fail.

Let's get that cleared, then.
Not like there aren't enough ships, subs and air-power to clear out Ukrainian and international waters of every Russian asset.

Just get 'er done.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT