ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

I think we both know that NATO will not bow to Putin, nor should they. That would only make him even more dangerous.
I have him on ignore so I did not see his post. What a ridiculous take he had. Trolls like him have this perverse spin that somehow Ukraine is the aggressor and escalator. They are simply taking what back what was stolen from them through war crimes and murder. Putin can end this by simply getting Russia the f&ck out of Ukriane.

Last edited:
Additionally, the women to men ratio is going to get worse than it already is. Russia is going to look completely different in 10 years.
Setting up perfectly for me to get a Russian Mail Order Bride in 5 to 10 years when I'll need a little help around the house and Mrs. Torbee will have finally gotten sick of my shit 😁

I think we both know that NATO will not bow to Putin, nor should they. That would only make him even more dangerous.
If you knew, with 100% certainty, that attempting to conquer Crimea would mean nukes fly, do you consider it worth it?

Would Russia think it was worth it? To be wiped off the face of the Earth? Putin is nuts but what about his cronies? Has to be someone rational?
Would Russia think taking over Ukraine with 50k+ dead worth it? As stupid as it sounds to us, apparently. You're dealing with a country who's doubled, hell, tripled down on the stupidity. Maybe they're dumb enough to think that a tactical use would force everyone to the table and get them something.

I figured with the tensions between Russia and Finland and with the things Russia has said they want to do to Finland, it seemed plausible that that country wouldn't want anything to do with allowing hundreds and thousands of them in their borders.

The government wants to do that. The people have shown no stomach to fight anyone.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
Would Russia think it was worth it? To be wiped off the face of the Earth?
For the purposes of the question, they do.

60 years ago the world was on the brink because JFK said there couldn't be offensive weapons in Cuba.
We didn't give a fig about Cuban sovereignty.
We declared our security interests and the lengths we'd go to maintain them.
We imposed a blockade, which is a universally recognized act of war.
Khrushchev blinked or none of us might be here.
60 years later and October could be dicey again.

Would Russia think taking over Ukraine with 50k+ dead worth it? As stupid as it sounds to us, apparently. You're dealing with a country who's doubled, hell, tripled down on the stupidity. Maybe they're dumb enough to think that a tactical use would force everyone to the table and get them something.
That's the problem.
"Well, rationally..."

I figured with the tensions between Russia and Finland and with the things Russia has said they want to do to Finland, it seemed plausible that that country wouldn't want anything to do with allowing hundreds and thousands of them in their borders.
For an example of that, see all the Russian pukes in Germany protesting and spreading propaganda. No thanks.

If the UA gets cranked up again and starts making rapid gains in taking back more territory I just don't see how Putin survives this. The Russian invasion could come to a very quick end, and quite frankly the people in power who want to remain in power, may see the only option is to remove Putin and withdraw from Ukraine. All of this could happen in very short order.

Reactions: h-hawk and VodkaSam
Nah...just shaming the enablers.

Here's Your Chance, Putin FanBois!!!!

9b2_717trump1-3-800x430.jpg

Earlier this month, James Timothy “Tim” Alicie and Richard Birchfield captured national headlines after a photo of them wearing the controversial apparel at a rally for President Trump in Lewis Center, Ohio, made the rounds on social media.

If the UA gets cranked up again and starts making rapid gains in taking back more territory I just don't see how Putin survives this. The Russian invasion could come to a very quick end, and quite frankly the people in power who want to remain in power, may see the only option is to remove Putin and withdraw from Ukraine. All of this could happen in very short order.
🤞

I hope I am wrong but I don't see another rapid gains situation anytime soon. UA just needs to keep blowing up logistics hubs and making life in Ukraine difficult for Russia as winter sets in. I think winter will be a force multiplier for the home team.

Earlier this month, James Timothy “Tim” Alicie and Richard Birchfield captured national headlines after a photo of them wearing the controversial apparel at a rally for President Trump in Lewis Center, Ohio, made the rounds on social media.

as far as pictures not aging well...
giphy.gif

If you knew, with 100% certainty, that attempting to conquer Crimea would mean nukes fly, do you consider it worth it?
If you knew, with 100% certainty, that launching nukes following a country retaking lands that you took from them eight years prior, would lead to the death of 95% of the citizens of your country and result in a post-apocalyptical world, would you consider it worth it?

The first thing I think of when I think MAGA.

Reactions: VodkaSam
yesterday i read the putin postponed a much awaited speech for undisclosed reasonsn...did he show up yet?

Reactions: h-hawk
If you knew, with 100% certainty, that launching nukes following a country retaking lands that you took from them eight years prior, would lead to the death of 95% of the citizens of your country and result in a post-apocalyptical world, would you consider it worth it?
Maybe ask this guy. The uncertainty NATO and the Biden Administration have on it appears to be keeping our boots off the Ukrainian ground and keeping our aircraft from enforcing a "No Fly Zone" that everyone thought had to be done back in March.

417de5d0-98c2-11ec-bf3f-aa47d35384f3

You can point directly to weapons, tech, training, etc that makes urkraine stronger. You cant do that for the US. Like I said, the US is the rising tide for others, but the US hasnt risen. Dont be daft.
I have to give you points for your dedication to continuing to get pummeled on this point. There's a reason the US wanted bases in Iraq (in addition to oil). With allies, we don't have to invade a country to position forces there.

*And for the idiots out there, no, this does not me I am all for the invasion of Iraq.

I hope I am wrong but I don't see another rapid gains situation anytime soon. UA just needs to keep blowing up logistics hubs and making life in Ukraine difficult for Russia as winter sets in. I think winter will be a force multiplier for the home team.
It's hard to say. I definitely don't see the massive abandonment of cities like we saw last week. At some point they will fall back to defensible positions with artillery support and be able to defend again. Ukraine will simply need to go back to the strategy that worked before. Continue to hammer their artillery, disrupt their command positions until they weaken it all enough again that it will crumble again. I think it happens faster this time before as Russia continues to lose equipment they can't replace.

Sure, they could mobilze 300,000 people but what are they going to arm them with, are they just going to send them out to be gunned down? Certainly not even Putin thinks that is a good idea? His only hope is to somehow hold out the war while he can somehow get more artillery and armaments, but where does that come from unless he can convince China to provide it for him. Certainly there's not enough weaponry from Iran and NK to make much of a difference, considering it's all just old Soviet weaponry to begin with. Maybe he's hoping he can flip Saudi Arabia to his side and get their equipment they purchased from the US?

Maybe ask this guy. The uncertainty NATO and the Biden Administration have on it appears to be keeping our boots off the Ukrainian ground and keeping our aircraft from enforcing a "No Fly Zone" that everyone thought had to be done back in March.

417de5d0-98c2-11ec-bf3f-aa47d35384f3
Actually, I think if anything, the world has become more emboldened to fight back against Putin by seeing how much of a paper tiger they are.

No, I wouldn’t, but that also doesn’t apply to the situation in Ukraine.

“Our forces are not engaged and will not engage with the conflict of Russian forces in Ukraine. Our forces are not going to Europe to fight (for) Ukraine.” -Joe Biden

I have to give you points for your dedication to continuing to get pummeled on this point. There's a reason the US wanted bases in Iraq (in addition to oil). With allies, we don't have to invade a country to position forces there.

*And for the idiots out there, no, this does not me I am all for the invasion of Iraq.
Oh - where is the new US base as a result of this invasion? I did miss that one.

So, when do our troops move in and stop all the Ukrainian civilian deaths, torture, suffering, etc?
That's going to require a kind of aggression out of Russia we still haven't seen as of yet. Nuclear weapons, massive shelling of more cities outside of the handful of rockets they send every few days.

That's going to require a kind of aggression out of Russia we still haven't seen as of yet. Nuclear weapons, massive shelling of more cities outside of the handful of rockets they send every few days.
So, what you’re saying is we’re actively trying to limit escalation? We’re apparently willing to let Russia bomb hospitals, torture captives, and steal washing machines vs going in and ending this in a weekend. Because we’re not willing to escalate this with nukes on the table.

Agreed. Not sure why those so complicated for posters on here.

It's easy to be a war hawk when it's all theoretical and you don't think you'll feel it's effects. I want us to go in and wipe out Russia once and for all; but even if 1/10th of their nuclear arsenal still works then that's a lot of innocent loss of life.

It may eventually come to that; but I think we should work to avoid it if at all possible. Unfortunately Ukrainians are suffering for others.

They’re not bowing down to him but they’re being careful with toeing the line.

You know, not escalating…
I don't disagree but believe if Putin uses a battlefield nuke, NATO will either respond in kind or unleash a conventional military hell that the Russian army in Ukraine will not long survive.

Reactions: anon_b29nm7v7dwp6r
I don't disagree but believe if Putin uses a battlefield nuke, NATO will either respond in kind or unleash a conventional military hell that the Russian army in Ukraine will not long survive.
Yes, if he uses a nuke or causes damage to a nuclear power plant that results in nuclear fallout, or he begins a wave of massive artillery shelling of innocent villages that can't be overlooked would be the red line.

I'm hoping that the rumors of another large Ukranian force being readied are true. Russia appears to be spread thin on both fronts and maybe Ukraine can launch another blitzkrieg when that (possible) force is ready.
I also wonder if the effect of winter is being over stated-it is Russia that has the long supply lines and hopefully its forces that will freeze or starve.
(Yeah, I have become very optimistic recently.)

Yes because at some point you have to protect Europe from Putin's Russia. Do you really want the West to capitulate to whatever Putin wants because he has nukes?
It’s a shame this wasn’t the mood in 2014 when all we could muster was a few weak sanctions. Wonder what could have been prevented now.

• Sad
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT