ADVERTISEMENT

This might be a little tougher than Putin thought...

And air defense used around Moscow can't be used along the front.
F5zYY1gWUAAdN7a

KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — The Ukrainian military said Monday that it recaptured strategic gas and oil drilling platforms from Russia in the Black Sea and claimed gains in occupied areas near Bakhmut, a city in eastern Ukraine left in ruins after the war’s longest and deadliest fighting.

The recapture of the so-called Boyko Towers platforms provides an energy source and takes back an asset that Russia seized in 2015 and used to launch helicopters, Ukraine’s Ministry of Defense said.

“Russia has been deprived of the ability to fully control the waters of the Black Sea, and this makes Ukraine many steps closer to regaining Crimea,” the Main Intelligence Directorate said.

Drip, drip, drip for Putin and Russia. Armenia is drifting away from Russia, who needs bases and it's longstanding alliance/domination to project power along it's southern borders. Eager to slide into this rift are China/India/Turkey, and the US will be holding joint military exercises with Armenian forces on their soil. Russian grip on it's partners is slipping along it's southern and eastern borders. Only Belarus appears to be pulling Russia closer.

https://www.reuters.com/world/russi...ns-doubts-about-its-clout-ex-ussr-2023-09-12/

Drip, drip, drip for Putin and Russia. Armenia is drifting away from Russia, who needs bases and it's longstanding alliance/domination to project power along it's southern borders. Eager to slide into this rift are China/India/Turkey, and the US will be holding joint military exercises with Armenian forces on their soil. Russian grip on it's partners is slipping along it's southern and eastern borders. Only Belarus appears to be pulling Russia closer.

https://www.reuters.com/world/russi...ns-doubts-about-its-clout-ex-ussr-2023-09-12/
They're getting bled dry in Ukraine, and this will most assuredly impact their ability to project force upon their other neighbors.

Putin talks during an economic forum at Vladivostok. He talks of a long war, the "rottenness", of Trump's prosecution, really, really doesn't want the US to send ATACMs to Ukraine, and says he thinks even if Trump is re-elected there will not be a long term change in US policy towards Russia. Clearly the last bit was a lie.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...-when-its-resources-are-exhausted-2023-09-12/

He desperately needs "friendly Republicans" and their own American oligarchs who profit from Russia, back in power. Very frustrating that we have so many affluent Americans who put $$ in front of American and democratic interests....

Putin talks during an economic forum at Vladivostok. He talks of a long war, the "rottenness", of Trump's prosecution, really, really doesn't want the US to send ATACMs to Ukraine, and says he thinks even if Trump is re-elected there will not be a long term change in US policy towards Russia. Clearly the last bit was a lie.
https://www.reuters.com/world/europ...-when-its-resources-are-exhausted-2023-09-12/
That's why Ukraine needs to finish them off before our election.

I presume this is about the coming cold months and what Russia did last year.

"War in #Ukraine : Berlin implores Kiev's allies to deliver anti-aircraft defense systems in order to protect "its critical infrastructure"

Reactions: HawkMD and Torg
Said it a few times but I think the Gripen is the best combat aircraft for Ukraine. Just don't know if Sweden can provide the numbers and support infrastructure.
Besides how rugged they are said to be I just like that a delivery of Gripens would increase the size of Ukraine's air force and make it more competitive with Russia's.

Besides how rugged they are said to be I just like that a delivery of Gripens would increase the size of Ukraine's air force and make it more competitive with Russia's.
I think long term it's best that Ukraine is able to concentrate on one or two air frames. Maybe cut some deals where they can manufacture some of the parts etc for those air frames.

What happens to some of these countries that rely totally on buying foreign aircraft is they end up with some holes in the procurement network.

Just an example...Kuwait bought a bunch of F-18's for their air force after the 1st gulf war. I was at Al Jaber air base for about 6 months back in 1999. Anyway, they had about a dozen of their F-18's in hangers basically stripped for parts to keep their other aircraft flying. They were a lot more capable on paper than they were in reality....

Kind of like the Russians :)

Said it a few times but I think the Gripen is the best combat aircraft for Ukraine. Just don't know if Sweden can provide the numbers and support infrastructure.
Hasn't Sweden exported a few? I suppose there is a bit of a structure in place. The Ukrainian Air Force is currently made up of a collection of aging Soviet planes. Any influx of new planes is welcome, and could be coordinated along with an influx of other planes. Also, there is an urgency. If 24 could be provided that would be a dynamic lift for Ukraine given their multi-use role.

I think long term it's best that Ukraine is able to concentrate on one or two air frames. Maybe cut some deals where they can manufacture some of the parts etc for those air frames.

What happens to some of these countries that rely totally on buying foreign aircraft is they end up with some holes in the procurement network.

Just an example...Kuwait bought a bunch of F-18's for their air force after the 1st gulf war. I was at Al Jaber air base for about 6 months back in 1999. Anyway, they had about a dozen of their F-18's in hangers basically stripped for parts to keep their other aircraft flying. They were a lot more capable on paper than they were in reality....

Kind of like the Russians :)
Czechs are retiring/replacing their Gripens. My guess is these will be sent to Ukraine with additional aircraft and parts from Sweden.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT