ADVERTISEMENT

This season, Purdue DESTROYED #8 Michigan State by 29 pts & #5 Virginia by 29 pts

If the BTT started today, we would be the #5 seed.

8 of the 14 B1G teams currently have a .500 or worse conference record.

We have 8 games to go. Flush the last one and move on to Debbie and win #17.

EQEKUTMXUAE7UHj

When a team shoots the 3pt shot like that, you are going to lose.

I am disappointed that our defense was unable to limit their 3pt attempts or guard a majority of them. Defense still a weak link and finding a 4th scorer after Garza, JoeW, Fredrick has been hard on the road. Looks like 10-10 in B1G is the most likely outcome. So another year not competing for a B1G title and Big10 tourney, still waiting for Fran to make a Saturday game.

I think everyone can agree that with Purdue shooting that dang well, a win is unlikely

Put you're burying your head in the sand if you think Iowa put in as much effort as needed to win a dang road game in the B1G. They're giving up 86 ppg in B1G road games, that HAS to be addressed.

Flush it, but the team needs to address and learn from it too.

I think everyone can agree that with Purdue shooting that dang well, a win is unlikely

Put you're burying your head in the sand if you think Iowa put in as much effort as needed to win a dang road game in the B1G. They're giving up 86 ppg in B1G road games, that HAS to be addressed.

Flush it, but the team needs to address and learn from it too.

Not a totally fair stat imo. That includes @Michigan and @Purdue. The defense was markedly better @PSU, @Neb, @NW...am I missing one?

I'm not excusing anything in either of the Michigan or Purdue games - though I'd argue Michigan wasn't due to poor effort, it was just poor D in general. Last night, yeah a lot of that was effort - particularly on the boards. Early on, before Purdue took off, the initial D was fine, would force a miss, then Purdue got a offensive board or two and so it went.

It's honestly a little similar to when the football team lost to ASU in the desert 44-7. I'm not sure it's even worth reviewing the tape on this one by the coaches. EVERYTHING was bad.

26: In the 3 years that Roy Marble could have taken advantage of the 3 point shot, he hit just 26 three pt goals.

19: number of 3's Purdue hit in one game.

Last night was an anomaly, an aberration. Who would have beaten Purdue last night?

Most of us have seen a lot of college basketball this season, and I don't see how Gonzaga or Baylor or Duke or anyone else would have won at West Lafayette last night. Nineteen threes by PU? C'mon. That's ridiculous.

At the same time, I was surprised and disappointed at Iowa's apparent nonchalance from the get-go. And I agree with those who suggest Fran should have called a time out after it got to 10-2 and kept calling TOs if the effort continued to be so unlike Iowa.

Bottom line: it was one game. Learn from it and finish strong, starting by running Nebby outta town on Saturday. Then get it together for the remaining games on the road.

They also destroyed Wisconsin at Mackey, but UW made the score look closer than it was with late game baskets. I have no idea what is going on with Purdue. They play like a national championship team at home and a team that wouldn't even make the NIT on the road.

Nineteen threes by PU? C'mon. That's ridiculous.

It might take them eight games to make that many threes on the road. Hell, I doubt they shoot that well during shoot-arounds in practice. It was a freak night of basketball for them. Iowa played horribly, but Purdue was making shots whether there were guys in their face or not. The real stink job by Iowa was on the defensive backboards. They gave up a gazillion offensive rebounds to Purdue.

Reactions: Franisdaman
26: In the 3 years that Roy Marble could have taken advantage of the 3 point shot, he hit just 26 three pt goals.

19: number of 3's Purdue hit in one game.
Please find a way to compare Purdue’s 3pt shooting to Glen Worley’s fouling issues.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT