ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on this shooting

I want to add my personal thoughts. I see stories like this as well as the multiple other murders that happen and I just feel horrible for the direction of humanity in the USA. We have a huge moral issue. The value of life is zero to some folks.

I completely agree that guns are a problem when mixed with a complete lack of moral direction.

It also makes me want to carry a firearm at all times to protect me from the vile humans that roam the streets.

You have done a lot to make sure very few here give a sh!t about your thoughts.

Too many guns, too many guns not secured, too many people who should be unsliced (lol... meant un-alived) for their criminal behavior.

If one commits a crime against a person while using a gun should be minimum 10 years in prison with no parole and no bond before trial.. Hold someone up and don't even shoot the gun? Min 10 years. No parole. No bond.

I bet the NRA would be against this.
No they wouldn’t , they were for stiff penalties for using a firearm in a crime. Do your homework

I would say the same for anyone that has an opposing viewpoint. We really don’t care what the other side thinks on here

Of course you would, you're unoriginal and petty.

Try not being a d!ck on purpose and you might find that people aren't as reticent to hear you.

Reactions: funksouljon
That poor woman. Unimaginable how anyone wants to do this. They had to know they would be caught.

Can we let her family members choose what happens after they are convicted?

Gun control can be a talking point, but that she was going to die , gun or no gun.

Hey Iowa farm boy. I teach in small town Iowa going on 27 years. There’s nothing that would “surprise me”.
I have a former student that teaches in a rough area of Houston. The only way the get teachers is student loan forgiveness until a suburban job opens. I don’t know how they do it. .
I taught in 3 different schools of various sizes. Nothing rose to the issues I saw in small town Iowa. Not even close.

I’m making the point that we should focus our attention on the people and what makes people do such horrible things to a fellow human rather than instantly turn the murder into a gun control discussion and how the NRA has blood on their hands.
What is the legislation that could be passed that will address what makes people do these horrible things?

While you're trying to come up with that, what is the harm in passing legislation that makes it harder for people who will do these horrible things to get a gun?

Reactions: McLovin32
I would start with a 3 strike rule like California had. A ton of the murders have long rap sheets. Get them off the streets
So, address the issue after the horrible things have happened. Three times. Got it. SMFH

You can’t create laws for that. I would recommend that more people find a higher being to have faith in
So ignore the issue completely then?

This is the basic republican stance on most issues.

Gun control can be a talking point, but that she was going to die , gun or no gun.
I agree this case has nothing to do with gun violence even though she died from a gun shot wound. This was a result of group of people with terrible intentions. A lone person could not have survived this brutal attack even if there were no guns involved. @ihhawk is the one trying to make this crime about guns.

I agree this case has nothing to do with gun violence even though she died from a gun shot wound. This was a result of group of people with terrible intentions. A lone person could not have survived this brutal attack even if there were no guns involved. @ihhawk is the one trying to make this crime about guns.
I posted it to make my point I was making in the thread about the father killing his son. That thread immediately went to a gun control discussion and I kept saying it is a human problem.

So this murder is so vile and atrocious that I was wondering if the usual “gun control” posters would chime in.

Just like the other shootings, this isn’t about guns….

• Haha
Reactions: RileyHawk
You can’t create laws for that. I would recommend that more people find a higher being to have faith in

Old Testament higher being or New Testament? Old Testament would have skinned you alive for marrying outside your race. New Testament said it was cool as along both were believers.

Sorry but your BS book or higher being isn't solving this one. Keep your Ts and Ps and take your dumbass back to On3

Reactions: funksouljon
Start with a full repeal of the 2nd Ammendment and gun confiscation and if these types of crimes continue to happen then we can talk about next steps

I posted it to make my point I was making in the thread about the father killing his son. That thread immediately went to a gun control discussion and I kept saying it is a human problem.

So this murder is so vile and atrocious that I was wondering if the usual “gun control” posters would chime in.

There is a big difference between the 2 crimes. The father not having immediate access to a gun might have allowed his son to survive. In this case, numbers are the difference not the gun.

Old Testament higher being or New Testament? Old Testament would have skinned you alive for marrying outside your race. New Testament said it was cool as along both were believers.

Sorry but your BS book or higher being isn't solving this one. Keep your Ts and Ps and take your dumbass back to On3

Arresting a shit ton of bad people and throwing away the key will help it.

• Haha
Guns, bombs, drugs, poisons, all free to own and no issue at all, because they don't shoot, blow up or get used themselves!

I'll give the OP credit for stepping away from the ring wing echo chamber and being less caught up in the grievance cult, but deep thinker he is not.

That's what I thought. With that kind of logic there is no reason we all can't have our own tanks, rocket launchers, nuclear weapons, etc. Do you feel the same way about drugs? After all fentanyl, cocaine, heroin, etc. doesn't take itself.

We should also strip our military of all these since it's obviously not the weapon. Imagine how much money our country will save

Very biblical response. Derp

That's what I thought. With that kind of logic there is no reason we all can't have our own tanks, rocket launchers, nuclear weapons, etc. Do you feel the same way about drugs? After all fentanyl, cocaine, heroin, etc. doesn't take itself.
I feel the same about drugs as well. I don’t blame the drug. It’s the person using them

She was held at gunpoint and then executed via gunshot to the head.

"...executed by a gunshot wound to the head."
Interesting that you excised the word "wound" in your comment. I approve.

It's almost like the twitter guy was afraid if he said it your way - "gunshot to the head" - people might jump to the conclusion that a gun was a relevant contributor to the death.

Can't have that.

As for your larger question, I assume most sensible folks here have already agreed that bad people and gun were significant factors in this tragedy. I'll work my way through the thread now to find out.

Too many guns, too many guns not secured, too many people who should be unsliced (lol... meant un-alived) for their criminal behavior.

If one commits a crime against a person while using a gun should be minimum 10 years in prison with no parole and no bond before trial.. Hold someone up and don't even shoot the gun? Min 10 years. No parole. No bond.

I bet the NRA would be against this.
I'm also against it.

Decades ago the stats were pretty clear that injuries and deaths were LESS likely during crimes committed with guns.

I don't know if that's still true. Times change. But it makes sense if you imagine, for example, being asked to hand over your wallet by someone holding a gun vs someone with a lesser or no weapon. Which one are you more likely to resist?

That, by the way, is not the reason I'm against it. I'm against it because:
1) the punishment should fit the crime, not the tools;​
2) pretrial release should almost always be available; and​
3) parole is a valuable option in the fight against crime and the rehab of criminals.​

• Haha

This is nonsense. It's like saying "cars don't kill/injure people, people driving them do" as a justification for not having seat belts, air bags, insurance and registration requirements.

It's about many things, one of which is guns. And that happens to be one aspect we have some real control over but republicans refuse to do anything about it. They prefer the deaths and injuries and mayhem to keep their fear narrative going.

Reactions: gohawks50
I feel the same about drugs as well. I don’t blame the drug. It’s the person using them
So you're not one of the conservatives complaining about fentanyl coming across the southern border? You didn't comment on the right to own military weapons are you okay with regular citizens having those as well?

This is nonsense. It's like saying "cars don't kill/injure people, people driving them do" as a justification for not having seat belts, air bags, insurance and registration requirements.
Those are regulations - which we all know are evil.

Some liberals think of them as protections, but of course they are wrong.

I'm voting for Trump because he will do away with all regulations on day one. Assuming his Supreme Court hasn't already done that for him.

[For those who haven't noticed, SCOTUS may be heading toward yet another disastrous ruling that only regulations specifically spelled out in legislation can be enforced.]

Absent a gun, many firearm related deaths don’t occur. Yeah I know guns can’t shoot anyone on their own, but to deny that it’s exceedingly easy to obtain a gun, and that condition leads to the extraordinary availability of guns in our country. Availability grants opportunity and the more opportunities that arise will just increase the number of times a gun is used in every situation you encounter. If we can limit or throttle down the ease of purchase and the overall availability of guns then we can reduce the opportunities to use them and incidents will decrease.

Some food for thought, a guy on a podcast I listened to last night stated that in the rural regions of America, 90% of the victims of firearm deaths are older white males and nearly all of those are self inflicted. My jaw dropped. Everyone likes to point at black folk and blame them for the firearm violence in this country but the statistics show that far and away firearm deaths are suicides and it points to a lot of misery and hopelessness that is pervasive in many areas of rural America. It’s a tragedy.

Obama appointee affirms gun rights for Ameri…err, people illegally entering America. 🥴

The Second Amendment protects people’s ability to own a gun even if they’ve entered the country illegally.

That’s the ruling handed down by US District Judge Sharon Johnson Coleman on Friday. She found the federal prohibition on illegal immigrants owning guns is unconstitutional, at least as applied to Heriberto Carbajal-Flores. She ruled the ban did not fit with America’s historical tradition of gun regulation as required under the Supreme Court’s landmark New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. Bruen ruling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT