ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on this shooting

ihhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale
She was held at gunpoint and then executed via gunshot to the head.

So should we blame the gun or the people? I reference this because when the father shot his son it was a gun control debate….many blamed the gun.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawked
Too many guns, too many guns not secured, too many people who should be unsliced (lol... meant un-alived) for their criminal behavior.

If one commits a crime against a person while using a gun should be minimum 10 years in prison with no parole and no bond before trial.. Hold someone up and don't even shoot the gun? Min 10 years. No parole. No bond.

I bet the NRA would be against this.

Last edited:
Those poor guys, they're the real victims here. She must've tried to fight back or resist.

So should we blame the gun or the people? I reference this because when the father shot his son it was a gun control debate….many blamed the gun.

The comparative presented is idiotic and seems beneath you.
The people are always to blame; the gun is a tool that makes these types of killing much easier, and only a person bereft of critical thinking would deny that something needs to be done about gun violence in this country.

It's not about blaming the gun it's about questioning why it's so easy for certain people to get their hands on tool that helps them to commit unspeakable acts

If someone built a nuclear bomb in their basement took it to the middle of downtown Chicago and triggered it nuking Chicago. Wouldn't it be a pretty important question to ask how this person got his hands on the uranium to make the nuke in the first place? Because you can't nuke Chicago without a nuke.

Now this particular crime might have happened with or without a gun because there was 4 of them and they not only outnumbered her but they were all probably stronger than her. So taking her hostage, raping her and murdering her wouldn't have been a problem with pretty much any weapon.

But there are a lot of instances where a crime either doesn't occur without a gun or isn't nearly as deadly without a gun.

Do me a favor look at a picture of Adam Lanza and tell me he manages to kill all those kids with an easily obtainable weapon that isn't a firearm. Dude was skinny and weak AF looking. I'm the furthest thing from a fighter that there is and I look at pictures of him and know I could kick his ass in a fist fight. He goes in there with a knife and a teacher or a principal or the freaking janitor probably disarms him and puts that kid on his ass before he even gets to one kid.

But no, because he managed to get his hands on an AR-15 this tiny little prick with the upper body strength of an average 12 year old girl managed to kill over a dozen of people and traumatize everyone else there and all those people's relatives for the rest of their lives. None of that happens without a firearm. Without a firearm he gets his ass kicked and he's arrested probably before he manages to get to one kid.

Last edited:
Fried Rice Cooking GIF by Nigel Ng (Uncle Roger)

I want to add my personal thoughts. I see stories like this as well as the multiple other murders that happen and I just feel horrible for the direction of humanity in the USA. We have a huge moral issue. The value of life is zero to some folks.

I completely agree that guns are a problem when mixed with a complete lack of moral direction.

It also makes me want to carry a firearm at all times to protect me from the vile humans that roam the streets.

I want to add my personal thoughts. I see stories like this as well as the multiple other murders that happen and I just feel horrible for the direction of humanity in the USA. We have a huge moral issue. The value of life is zero to some folks.

I completely agree that guns are a problem when mixed with a complete lack of moral direction.

It also makes me want to carry a firearm at all times to protect me from the vile humans that roam the streets.
Depending on where you live, carrying that gun is more than likely going to cause you issues than help you and no I'm not anti gun ownership.

Moral direction has a lot of twists and human elements. My small Menno community had a lot hidden in the closets.

Reactions: gohawks50
The comparative presented is idiotic and seems beneath you.
The people are always to blame; the gun is a tool that makes these types of killing much easier, and only a person bereft of critical thinking would deny that something needs to be done about gun violence in this country.
It's not beneath him, he's a moron. He thinks he's smart because he can sell stuff to other dumb people, but he's the kind of person who is swayed by memes.

Reactions: win1forthe
Watch "brutal fights" on twitter. It's an interesting glimpse into this country.
Spoiler alert: there is a component of the videos some won't like to discuss. Some of that is racial, some is phones, and some is social media. I have no clue how people teach in larger urban settings.

Reactions: Roncuba55
Watch "brutal fights" on twitter. It's an interesting glimpse into this country.
Spoiler alert: there is a component of the videos some won't like to discuss. Some of that is racial, some is phones, and some is social media. I have no clue how people teach in larger urban settings.
You'd be surprised about small town Iowa. Don't kid yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
I don’t understand why you think being against guns means we think this type of behavior is acceptable. They’re both bad.
I’m making the point that we should focus our attention on the people and what makes people do such horrible things to a fellow human rather than instantly turn the murder into a gun control discussion and how the NRA has blood on their hands.

I’m making the point that we should focus our attention on the people and what makes people do such horrible things to a fellow human rather than instantly turn the murder into a gun control discussion and how the NRA has blood on their hands.
Well, you'd have to take the people out of people and go back and look at history and I don't think you'd do that.

What steps would you have the country take to focus on "the people" to keep them from killing someone?

What steps would you have the country take to focus on "the people" to keep them from killing someone?
you weren't asking me but

More Education spending.
Business grants for minority or others under valued
Giving incentives to businesses employing minorities and willing to overlook/work with cultural issues that don't fit corporate Amerca.

Put real teeth behind bully behavior at school and call it what it is...assault
Higher penalties for improper gun use
Real money behind drug addiction help including stopping the insane number of opiate prescriptions and benzos.

that would be a start.

I would start with a 3 strike rule like California had. A ton of the murders have long rap sheets. Get them off the streets
You mean like forever locking away people who after 2 strikes get a drug possession conviction? Or differences between white and black drugs? Not that simple. So more kids with no dads around?

Reactions: RileyHawk
My daughter teaches in a Title One school just outside Houston. She said fights are planned daily via social media and the kids live for the brutality of it.

You'd be surprised about small town Iowa. Don't kid yourself.
Hey Iowa farm boy. I teach in small town Iowa going on 27 years. There’s nothing that would “surprise me”.
I have a former student that teaches in a rough area of Houston. The only way the get teachers is student loan forgiveness until a suburban job opens. I don’t know how they do it. .

Reactions: IIowaFarmBoy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT