ADVERTISEMENT

Thousands of millionaires haven’t filed tax returns for years, IRS says

I wonder how many are influencers and onlyfans content creators.
Solid example of my above post

Again - I’d love to hear what the folks are gonna say when the government comes after those that owe $2k and can’t pay it? Should it be forgiven? Added up, the # probably is about $10b.

Last edited:
How the left posters here turn this completely to far right republican may be the most comical thing they have done on this board. My god, just admit one time; both sides suck.

Solid example of my above post

You'll have to clarify your thoughts. I was just wondering how many will be onlyfans people or content creators. I can almost guarantee you some struck rich without any understanding of how taxes work.

Are you drunk maybe?

You'll have to clarify your thoughts. I was just wondering how many will be onlyfans people or content creators. I can almost guarantee you some struck rich without any understanding of how taxes work.

Are you drunk maybe?
Thats the trap many of one album wonders fell into. My album went quadruple platinum. Only spent half of it. I was smart.

Reactions: Moral
Add to that the huge number of large Corporations that pay little to no tax and is it any wonder that the debt is so high.
This! Rs freak out when Dems spend (never when Rs do though for some reason that's fine) and yes we should do what we can to curb spending... but the bigger issue is this. If we collected taxes like we should we would be MUCH better off. Rs just want to be ignorant and have a reason to be pissed off though they don't want to actually fix the problem

Are you drunk maybe?
Fair question. Not drunk though on Somer Shabbos (clearly a joke movie quote some won’t get) . Wrong quote grabbed, my bad. My point stands tho for those that are trying to make this a republican thing. It’s everyone.

I hate paying taxes (but recognize it’s essential to a civilized society), but really hate paying taxes knowing so many people cheat the system. 😬

It disgusts me that those who have the most prosperity tend to also be the people who are the most successful and avoiding paying their fair share into our states and our country. While they drive on our highways. Cross our bridges. Enjoy our parks and landmarks. Visit our museums. Enjoy state and national celebrations. And feel safe at night from the threat of our adversaries in the world.

Maybe they don’t owe and were trying to do the govt a favor? I kid, I kid.
I love this, and I hope anyone that owes is caught and pays what they owe. It will be interesting to see how they handle the lower income folks once they start going after everyone. Some of them are probably actually owed; but guessing many that will end up owning back taxes will not be able to pay it
There's probably some that will get hit by this, but it's been known for years that the IRS has been able to pursue owed taxes from lower income households because they lack the resources to fight back, or simply understand how/why they owed back taxes. Richer households on the other hand, have had those resources and the IRS has lacked the ammunition to push them for what they owe.
How the IRS didn’t make millionaire tax cheats the priority from the beginning just shows how incompetent and poorly run the department has been. Wtf have they been doing all these years? Still working from home due to the pandemic?

The incompetence of our government never ceases to amaze me regardless of who is in charge of it. Do your job and collect taxes from people that under pay or not at all. Those should be target number one and two.
It's a matter of the IRS not having been adequately funded (on purpose) for decades. This includes simple things like upgrading technology, equipment etc., besides adding more manpower to the agency.
The government could confiscate every penny of every millionaire in the country and still not have enough to cover the annual budget. The debt is not a collection issue. It’s a spending issue.
The article posted is just another way the powers that be keep dividing us. They want you to blame those evil millionaires who aren’t “paying their fair share,” instead of the politicians who burn through other people’s money like a crack addict.
They want you to see the government as the solution to the problem and not the cause. The debt is out of control because the government is out of control. Making the government bigger isn’t the answer.
Not sure why you think these are mutually exclusive - we KNOW 2 things to be true here: 1) the rich are not paying the taxes they owe - if they do so honestly via taking advantage of tax cuts, loopholes, etc., I don't have a gripe with them for taking advantage of the system. However, we know also that millions upon millions of taxes haven't been collected for years because the IRS hasn't had the resources to pursue them. They ARE however able to go after lower income households who don't have the same resources to fight back if necessary - besides owing far less of course. 2) Spending is also a problem.

Both problems need to be addressed imo.

Caveat - I haven't researched this subject extensively, but after reading several posts in this thread...I am skeptical. In terms of IRS resource constraints...if that is really a driver here I can tell you that when my bookkeeper makes an error for as little as a couple of bucks on a quarterly submission I then receive a pretty official looking letter from the IRS that makes it clear that they want their missing $2.97, etc. (Yes, they have called out amounts less than $5.)

We then go back through everything and find the miscalculation and send in the measly amount. My point in sharing this is that if they have the resources to find, and then track, a couple of bucks...how is it possible that thousands of millionaires haven't paid their taxes over many years?????

Good grief...let's reassign the clerk that sniffed out the three dollar problem and get them on a couple of wayward millionaires. If called out, are we really believing that millionaires everywhere are just blowing off the IRS????

I feel like this story is a ruse of some sort...OR proof positive that dimwits are in charge of things if they are this incompetent.

Caveat - I haven't researched this subject extensively, but after reading several posts in this thread...I am skeptical. In terms of IRS resource constraints...if that is really a driver here I can tell you that when my bookkeeper makes an error for as little as a couple of bucks on a quarterly submission I then receive a pretty official looking letter from the IRS that makes it clear that they want their missing $2.97, etc. (Yes, they have called out amounts less than $5.)

We then go back through everything and find the miscalculation and send in the measly amount. My point in sharing this is that if they have the resources to find, and then track, a couple of bucks...how is it possible that thousands of millionaires haven't paid their taxes over many years?????

Good grief...let's reassign the clerk that sniffed out the three dollar problem and get them on a couple of wayward millionaires. If called out, are we really believing that millionaires everywhere are just blowing off the IRS????

I feel like this story is a ruse of some sort...OR proof positive that dimwits are in charge of things if they are this incompetent.
It also doesn't help they are still using the DOS 6.22 operating system.

It is fascinating to me that you have been called out on a a quarterly miss. When I switched from W2, I was an idiot and "forgot" to pay my quarterly taxes and didn't pay in until i did may taxes and didn't get one penalty. I owed quite a bit. I don't make 1st world problem money; but make enough that I felt dumb when filing. Slightly editing to say, I knew I was supposed to; my "forgot" was seriously just laziness and forgetfulness. After being a W2 for 25 years; just wasn't a priority. I did clearly save money owed though.

Last edited:

I'm guessing you are talking payroll taxes which have more checks and balances. Easier to automate since payroll tax deposits have to match the quarterly filing or else the automatic notice goes out.

Auditing income taxes is a different animal.

Reactions: lucas80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT