ADVERTISEMENT

Throwing up 35-3?

Did they have backups in? If so, let them play. The crying in this thread is not a good look. I'd suggest turning off the TV and going to bed. Or drink heavily and then go to bed. Nothing good will come from being whiny little pussies.
Im not whining its just the correct thing to do! Ferentz would have called off the dogs if in a similar position!

Im not whining its just the correct thing to do! Ferentz would have called off the dogs if in a similar position!
Kirk would have hung 40 on them and then called off the dogs. It's not like Michigan went for two up 68-3.

Harbaugh is a POS. I hope they go down big in the play and I hope whoever plays them runs it up
That whole "if you don't like it, stop it" is played out, when your down by 25 with what 7-8 minutes to go, you're done, you gave it what you could. I get that we got it handed to us but that was pretty clear when it was 28 -3. Sometimes it's about respect. Respect your opponents, respect the game and respect the fraternity that is coaching on all levels.
Douchebagery has certainly made a comeback over the past 5-6 years and coaches/politicians are leading the charge.

BS. Kirk was throwing the ball up 51-14 against Maryland inside of five minutes remaining. Same thing up 34-6 against Indiana with three minutes left. I had no problem with that. It was up to both those team to stop them.

Yeah, but... um, that was... different.

Don't punt down 25 with 10 minutes left.

giphy.gif

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
At 35-3, Iowa is the one who should be “throwing up”, wait, it is now 42-3. More barfing 🤮.

Maybe games should be stopped if a team is up by 25 in 4th quarter.

mid Iowa was so butt hurt by it maybe they should run the ball every play and take play clock down to zero every snap.

Had this been a regular season game, I highly doubt Harbaugh does that. But it wasn’t. Michigan was going for style points at that point. Trying to cement a number 1 seed in the CFP. Don’t really blame them. And the emotion during the 4th quarter? Meh. Our guys would’ve been acting the same way, and we would’ve loved it.

Yeah but a blowout makes us look bad which by extension means the win is less valuable.

This is why Ohio state usually kicks their ass. Idiots

(Wink emoji)
At some point you have to look at our schedule and realize that we got beat 51-14 against 2 8-4 teams and just got beat 42-3 by the best team we played. 93-17 in our losses is almost unbelievable but it is what it is.

This was a team that was good at beating bad and average teams. Does that make us good or just not as undisciplined as the bad teams we played? IDK, but it could be worse, we could have went 7-5 with this schedule.

Last edited:
This is one of those rare times I actually turned off the TV. It was 21 to 3 at that point. What the heck happened? Did Iowa give up?

That whole "if you don't like it, stop it" is played out, when your down by 25 with what 7-8 minutes to go, you're done, you gave it what you could. I get that we got it handed to us but that was pretty clear when it was 28 -3. Sometimes it's about respect. Respect your opponents, respect the game and respect the fraternity that is coaching on all levels.
Douchebagery has certainly made a comeback over the past 5-6 years and coaches/politicians are leading the charge.

Sorry, this isn’t Pee Wee football. Too much money involved to give a shit about your opponent. Michigan is vying for a 1 seed so they did what they had to do. Iowa quit. Flat out quit. You should have a much bigger problem with that.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
The problem isn’t them throwing at that point. It’s the fact that we’re supposed to have an elite defense, are down 32 points and have no ability to stop them.

Reactions: iafan44
Sorry, this isn’t Pee Wee football. Too much money involved to give a shit about your opponent. Michigan is vying for a 1 seed so they did what they had to do. Iowa quit. Flat out quit. You should have a much bigger problem with that.
Lol actually you should have a bigger problem with the fact that they definitely didn't quit and still lost 42-3...............

Also, for the rest of you, I don't give a single solitary f*** what Michigan was trying to accomplish towards the end of the game. They're gonna get what they deserve soon enough. Hope that helps.... :)

I don’t get to bent out of shape about teams running up the score. Hopefully our staff and players take note and use it to fuel them in the off-season so hopefully they change the outcome next time.

I didn’t care for Michigan players talking trash at nearly every opportunity throughout the game. They clearly have more than their share of punks. Hopefully we kick their ass next time and just let our play do the talking.

Sorry OP...I will agree to disagree with you on this one. If you don't want a team do it, then make them stop it. This is Big 10 football and Phil has the players to make them stop. I don't blame khaki pants one bit for playing the whole 60 minutes.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Lol, this is what Hayden Fry did literally every chance he had and we loved him for it.

Don't like the score being run up on you? Then stop it.

I'm not trying to pile on Iowa after a loss. Iowa kicked my team's ass in September, and had a much better year. Kudos for getting to the championship game.

Having said that, I agree with Gonzo. Hayden did this same every chance he had (a lot vs my Cyclones) and was praised for it.

The defense needs to stop them from scoring. Period. End of conversation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT