ADVERTISEMENT

Ticketmaster - Reselling a Ticket

HawkeyeShawn

HR Heisman
Nov 9, 2001
First and foremost, Fvck Ticketmasker and may they all burn in hell.

Now, I need to sell a ticket. Travis Scott, Minneapolis, floor ticket. I freaking warned my son to not spend the ridiculous amount of money on a “pit” ticket, too far in advance. His friend who he was going with was buying his own ticket and, of course, hadn’t bought his ticket. Now the friend backed out. After all the fees, the ticket, one ticket, was over $500. Stupid and ridiculous price. Now I’d be happy to get just part of the money back.

I’m looking for suggestions on how to sell this ticket. Ticketmaster will not allow the ticket to be sold below $247. Are there other sites where a ticket can be sold a lower prices? Is that easy to do? Seat Geek or Stub Hub? Are there any sites out there where you can sell the ticket and transfer without going through all the fees? I know Facebook Marketplace has rules against ticket reselling. Great to block scalpers, but sucks that the common person can unload tickets, for lower than original prices.

Reactions: JupiterHawk
Notice with some nfl playoff tickets I bought last year the tickets have an animated wavy line running through them so you can no longer forward screen shots and have them work at the entrance.

They are working hard to trap you in their eco system.

Maybe you can use one phone to capture a video of the animated ticket and send the video to another phone and get past their efforts.

I am sure it’s discussed with better knowledge than what little I know on reddit.

My gripe is the overhead to sell a ticket doesn’t change but they charge 30%. That’s gets pretty an spendy on nfl playoff tickets vs some dumpy basketball games where tickets are $15-$20

I work in the ticketing industry. Try these:

Stubhub
Ebay
SeatGeek
TickPick
TicketSwap

I am not sure about fees. I just checked Stubhub, floor tickets are between $211 and $393. That is a pretty decent spread to get well over $250.

Good luck.

I work in the ticketing industry. Try these:

Stubhub
Ebay
SeatGeek
TickPick
TicketSwap

I am not sure about fees. I just checked Stubhub, floor tickets are between $211 and $393. That is a pretty decent spread to get well over $250.

Good luck.
At this point I just want it sold, and to be able to sell it at a price lower than face. Are you saying that these sites will allow lower than face?

Reactions: Tom Paris
At this point I just want it sold, and to be able to sell it at a price lower than face. Are you saying that these sites will allow lower than face?
I am pretty sure Stubhub will let you sell it for whatever you want. I saw tickets as low as $211 on the floor and it appears prices are dropping.

Reactions: HawkeyeShawn
There are 4 listings for floor seats in StubHub currently. I'd get them on their ASAP as you are already behind the gun. Wouldn't be too aggressive with price or it might not sell at all. Single tickets can be tough.
8cnlz9.jpg

Who dafuq pays $500 for a concert ticket?

I wont even entertain the idea of going to see this up and coming band, Cake in CR because the lowest price tickets appear to be $45 for the crappiest sections

Ticketmasters scalping and “dynamic pricing” has turned me off to going to many shows. Only time i will even consider a ticketmastwr show anymore is if i can get a ticket at face value during presale. And those seem to be high

I wont even entertain the idea of going to see this up and coming band, Cake in CR because the lowest price tickets appear to be $45 for the crappiest sections

Ticketmasters scalping and “dynamic pricing” has turned me off to going to many shows. Only time i will even consider a ticketmastwr show anymore is if i can get a ticket at face value during presale. And those seem to be high
I don't buy anything early anymore. I have gotten absolutely killed doing that in the past. I saw Van Halen back in 2012, was very excited about going so I bought tickets the day they were available. Paid $120 each for decent seats and bought for seven other friends. Three backed out so I tried dumping them the day of the show outside the venue. It didn't sell out so seats better than mine were selling for $50.

Lesson learned.

I don't buy anything early anymore. I have gotten absolutely killed doing that in the past. I saw Van Halen back in 2012, was very excited about going so I bought tickets the day they were available. Paid $120 each for decent seats and bought for seven other friends. Three backed out so I tried dumping them the day of the show outside the venue. It didn't sell out so seats better than mine were selling for $50.

Lesson learned.
Yeah, anymore i wont buy tickets for others after getting burned by people backing out.

I will buy a ticket for myself and tell anybody who may be interested to get a ticket if they want and ride along with me.

Do you have a physical ticket or just an electronic ticket? Can't recall if the Xcel has gone the way of just electronic. Also, do you live in the Twin Cities? If no to the latter, I would definitely use Stubhub or similar. It isn't that hard to create an account and set up, assuming you have the barcode on the ticket. If you live in the Twin Cities still, could use Craigslist and offer to meet up for payment. I know people are afraid of CL scams; but if you meet in a public place and accept cash or Venmo while exchanging the ticket, it can still work.

Now, I need to sell a ticket. Travis Scott, Minneapolis, floor ticket. I freaking warned my son to not spend the ridiculous amount of money on a “pit” ticket, too far in advance. His friend who he was going with was buying his own ticket and, of course, hadn’t bought his ticket. Now the friend backed out. After all the fees, the ticket, one ticket, was over $500. Stupid and ridiculous price. Now I’d be happy to get just part of the money back.

I’m looking for suggestions on how to sell this ticket. Ticketmaster will not allow the ticket to be sold below $247. Are there other sites where a ticket can be sold a lower prices? Is that easy to do? Seat Geek or Stub Hub? Are there any sites out there where you can sell the ticket and transfer without going through all the fees? I know Facebook Marketplace has rules against ticket reselling. Great to block scalpers, but sucks that the common person can unload tickets, for lower than original prices.
Seat Geek

Do you have a physical ticket or just an electronic ticket? Can't recall if the Xcel has gone the way of just electronic. Also, do you live in the Twin Cities? If no to the latter, I would definitely use Stubhub or similar. It isn't that hard to create an account and set up, assuming you have the barcode on the ticket. If you live in the Twin Cities still, could use Craigslist and offer to meet up for payment. I know people are afraid of CL scams; but if you meet in a public place and accept cash or Venmo while exchanging the ticket, it can still work.
Electronic. I’m 6 hours from Minneapolis.

Because the tickets aren’t selling and at this point, with the concert Saturday, I’m willing to accept less. Either I dump it or eat it.
How did your son buy $500 per tickets without you having a say? I'd tell him to sell them or get the money from his friend who backed out and make him sell it.

Normally, I would never spend $500 on a ticket. Ever.

This was a Christmas/21st Birthday present for my son. He turned 21 on Monday. This pit ticket for Scott was the ONLY present he wanted. I spent most of the month of December trying to talk him out of it, due to the high cost. Several times per week. Are you sure this is what you want? Yes Dad. Are you 100% sure your buddy is going? Yes Dad. Your friend doesn’t have a ticket yet, are you sure? Yes Dad. What if he backs out? He won’t Dad. We have this planned. He’s going.

Next. Spent the week of Christmas trying to convince my wife to wait until closer to the concert to buy the ticket. She was adamant that he actually have the ticket on Christmas. To the point where we were arguing on Christmas Eve about whether or not to buy the damn ticket. I lost, she won. Cheapest reseller was over $400. After fees, my price was over $500.

He called me Sunday night in tears. Hard to find another person on this short notice and expect them to pay, now $250+.

$500????

Mods!!! Show this poor the door!!

OP, just tell your son to go and have a blast.

Ive met people and saw some really cool shows going to shows by myself that i wouldve missed had i felt this need to have somebody to go with
OP, does he want to go to the concert? I was the only one that wanted to go to a concert in Vegas while I was there so I decided **** it, I'm going. I met some fun people in line and ended up hanging out with them before the concert. I was the best decision I've made in a long time. I had a blast and would have missed a great time if I was too scared to go by myself. I'd encourage your son to go and enjoy himself.

OP, just tell your son to go and have a blast.

Ive met people and saw some really cool shows going to shows by myself that i wouldve missed had i felt this need to have somebody to go with
If it wasn’t In Minneapolis….

Yes, technically he could go alone. However this was supposed to be about his 21st birthday weekend. Road trip to Minneapolis, hitting some bars before and after with his friend. Not the same going alone. Plus his city driving experience is Omaha and Sioux City. 3 hours there, 3 hours back in sub zero temps, alone. Finally, he was already in the doghouse with his his girlfriend/eventual fiancé. She was already against him going as she wanted to be together on their birthday weekend. She turned 21 the day after he did.

Yes, technically he could go alone. However this was supposed to be about his 21st birthday weekend. Road trip to Minneapolis, hitting some bars before and after with his friend. Not the same going alone. Plus his city driving experience is Omaha and Sioux City. 3 hours there, 3 hours back in sub zero temps, alone. Finally, he was already in the doghouse with his his girlfriend/eventual fiancé. She was already against him going as she wanted to be together on their birthday weekend. She turned 21 the day after he did.
He should definitely not go. GF/Fiance is probably planning a weekend of revenge sex with the dude who didn't buy his ticket.

Sounds like his friend is shitty to ditch him on this trip for his 21st

I know that would probably impact the friendship in a negative way, and i would not be the one to initiate plans with him any more

Sounds like a nice trip with the GF. Can probably get an extra ticket for 200 by tomorrow.

Hey @HawkeyeShawn, perhaps try Tick Pick, my newest and much preferred secondary ticket marketplace. Two clear advantages to this ticket vendor and why I'm recommending them.

Firstly, as a buyer, the ticket prices posted by the seller are the same price that you pay. No fees or surcharges added on once you get to the transaction screen, what you see is what you pay. As a frequent buyer I love that transparency and it makes the buying decision so much easier.

As a seller, the commission you pay is a strict 15% of the sales price. No sliding scale and no fixed high fee structure. You'll get exactly 85% of the sales transaction. The site does offer an algorithm that recommends a price point to try and ensure a sale (no guarantee obviously) and hopefully maximize your return. but I believe you can set the price anywhere you want it to be.

I've been gobbling up pairs of the Iowa Men's BB tickets on Tick Pick because I miss not having season tickets this year and the fact that they are so affordable (for now at least). Went to the Nebraska game last Friday for $3 a seat and secured tickets for Saturday's game vs. Purdue for $12 a seat.

It might be worth checking out. I do see many tickets for sale for the Travis Scott St. Paul show this Saturday, but only 10 tickets listed on the floor area and they are asking $366/seat. Tons of tickets available in the seating areas, as low as $59/seat. When exactly did floor seats become more expensive than reserved seating, LOL? It wasn't that way back in my concert going days.

I have no idea who Travis Scott is, but I'm an old man. I do know who Willard Scott and Stuart Scott were though!

Double down, buy another ticket and go with him
Considered that. I doubt he wants to attend with his old man. Though I’d probably have a blast. Also considered buying a ticket for my 16 yo, and taking them both. I would find a bar and watch the playoffs.

Hey @HawkeyeShawn, perhaps try Tick Pick, my newest and much preferred secondary ticket marketplace. Two clear advantages to this ticket vendor and why I'm recommending them.

Firstly, as a buyer, the ticket prices posted by the seller are the same price that you pay. No fees or surcharges added on once you get to the transaction screen, what you see is what you pay. As a frequent buyer I love that transparency and it makes the buying decision so much easier.

As a seller, the commission you pay is a strict 15% of the sales price. No sliding scale and no fixed high fee structure. You'll get exactly 85% of the sales transaction. The site does offer an algorithm that recommends a price point to try and ensure a sale (no guarantee obviously) and hopefully maximize your return. but I believe you can set the price anywhere you want it to be.

I've been gobbling up pairs of the Iowa Men's BB tickets on Tick Pick because I miss not having season tickets this year and the fact that they are so affordable (for now at least). Went to the Nebraska game last Friday for $3 a seat and secured tickets for Saturday's game vs. Purdue for $12 a seat.

It might be worth checking out. I do see many tickets for sale for the Travis Scott St. Paul show this Saturday, but only 10 tickets listed on the floor area and they are asking $366/seat. Tons of tickets available in the seating areas, as low as $59/seat. When exactly did floor seats become more expensive than reserved seating, LOL? It wasn't that way back in my concert going days.

I have no idea who Travis Scott is, but I'm an old man. I do know who Willard Scott and Stuart Scott were though!
Appreciate this!

Apparently the Travis Scott floor/pit experience is the reason for the price. Not my thing at 52, but would have been found on the floor for Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, etc back in the day….but for less than $20 per ticket.

Appreciate this!

Apparently the Travis Scott floor/pit experience is the reason for the price. Not my thing at 52, but would have been found on the floor for Metallica, Slayer, Megadeth, etc back in the day….but for less than $20 per ticket.
My pleasure.

And take some consolation in the fact that most of the "discussions" between me and tBW end exactly the way yours did. I've got a whole garage full of "I told ya so" if you want to borrow any.

Considered that. I doubt he wants to attend with his old man. Though I’d probably have a blast. Also considered buying a ticket for my 16 yo, and taking them both. I would find a bar and watch the playoffs.
For him, it’s better than not being able to go. And it’s something he might not be thrilled about now, but will enjoy the memories in the future.

When I was about your son’s age there was a concert I wanted to see in Waterloo. That’s about an hour from where I grew up. They were giving out free tickets, but you had to go pick them up. My dad actually drove over there to get them for me. I couldn’t find somebody to go with me, so I just didn’t go. 20+ years later, I still regret not taking my dad with me.

If the gf doesn't want to go, he should use that as the glaring red flag it is and dump her. Only problems await.
I didn't want to be the one to say it. The hardest conversation my dad ever had with me was the one where he told me to ditch my GF of 8 months when I was 21. My family all knew and I hated them for telling me I needed to end it. Of course it was the best advice I was ever given. She ended up sucking the soul out of another man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT