ADVERTISEMENT

Ticketmaster - Reselling a Ticket

Hey @HawkeyeShawn, perhaps try Tick Pick, my newest and much preferred secondary ticket marketplace. Two clear advantages to this ticket vendor and why I'm recommending them.

Firstly, as a buyer, the ticket prices posted by the seller are the same price that you pay. No fees or surcharges added on once you get to the transaction screen, what you see is what you pay. As a frequent buyer I love that transparency and it makes the buying decision so much easier.

As a seller, the commission you pay is a strict 15% of the sales price. No sliding scale and no fixed high fee structure. You'll get exactly 85% of the sales transaction. The site does offer an algorithm that recommends a price point to try and ensure a sale (no guarantee obviously) and hopefully maximize your return. but I believe you can set the price anywhere you want it to be.

I've been gobbling up pairs of the Iowa Men's BB tickets on Tick Pick because I miss not having season tickets this year and the fact that they are so affordable (for now at least). Went to the Nebraska game last Friday for $3 a seat and secured tickets for Saturday's game vs. Purdue for $12 a seat.

It might be worth checking out. I do see many tickets for sale for the Travis Scott St. Paul show this Saturday, but only 10 tickets listed on the floor area and they are asking $366/seat. Tons of tickets available in the seating areas, as low as $59/seat. When exactly did floor seats become more expensive than reserved seating, LOL? It wasn't that way back in my concert going days.

I have no idea who Travis Scott is, but I'm an old man. I do know who Willard Scott and Stuart Scott were though!
Sounds like a good site. and if put them on there for $350, would still make around $300.

I forgot to buy Iowa women's tickets up here for Feb 28th and resellers on Stubhub and seatgeek are asking alot for decent seats, before fees are applied, so may have to monitor this site. Or just break down and buy some good seats for my wife, who really wants to go. Could be a V-day present for the 1st time in years.

My pleasure.

And take some consolation in the fact that most of the "discussions" between me and tBW end exactly the way yours did. I've got a whole garage full of "I told ya so" if you want to borrow any.
This is one of those where I freaking hated being right.

Sounds like a good site. and if put them on there for $350, would still make around $300.

I forgot to buy Iowa women's tickets up here for Feb 28th and resellers on Stubhub and seatgeek are asking alot for decent seats, before fees are applied, so may have to monitor this site. Or just break down and buy some good seats for my wife, who really wants to go. Could be a V-day present for the 1st time in years.

Unfortunately Iowa Women’s BB is a tough, tough ticket to find these days, you’ll likely find nothing close to face value without some luck. Cheapest on TickPick right now is $175 a seat for Nebraska which is maybe the most competitive matchup left on the home schedule.

Reactions: Brian_Fantana
Out of curiosity, if you knew, why let him spend the $500? I can understand if it was his money, but with you buying, why not say no?
Wife.

And yeah, I own this I told ya so right now with the both of them. First words out of my mouth when he broke the news to us late last week, “I effing told ya this would effing happen.”

That’s when he broke into tears. Not my finest parenting moment. I quickly patched it up. He’s not as independent at 21 as I was and what he thinks he is. And that’s on us and how we raised him, differently than how I was raised.

I would be more upset and concerned about my 21 yr old son calling me In tears about missing a concert vs. having to eat a $400-500 ticket.

Yikes.

Reactions: fredjr82
I would be more upset and concerned about my 21 yr old son calling me In tears about missing a concert vs. having to eat a $400-500 ticket.

Yikes.
His tears were not about missing the concert or the money. There are mental health issues we are dealing with currently that I’d rather not discuss.

Reactions: 3boysmom
OP, just tell your son to go and have a blast.

Ive met people and saw some really cool shows going to shows by myself that i wouldve missed had i felt this need to have somebody to go with
This. I've been to 3 concerts in the last 6 months and have gone by myself each time. The first time I was nervous, because I was rolling solo but the last 2 I've looked forward to. Met a lot of cool people.

My teen kids dig Travis Scott, and I actually like a few of his songs. I probably wouldn't be super excited to see him if I were in your shoes, but I think sometimes people just put on really great shows, and you just have to appreciate the spectacle. If you like music, you should go with him. Have some laughs. Maybe don’t stand next to him the entire show. Get a nice meal beforehand and a few beers after. Just make it a fun father/son thing and stay out of his way if he needs you to (always a playoff game to catch anyway).

My teen kids dig Travis Scott, and I actually like a few of his songs. I probably wouldn't be super excited to see him if I were in your shoes, but I think sometimes people just put on really great shows, and you just have to appreciate the spectacle. If you like music, you should go with him. Have some laughs. Maybe don’t stand next to him the entire show. Get a nice meal beforehand and a few beers after. Just make it a fun father/son thing and stay out of his way if he needs you to (always a playoff game to catch anyway).
After speaking to him today, we are leaning towards buying a ticket for his brother. The debate now is, do we allow this trip without me or the both of us. 21 and 16….Twin Cities on a Saturday night.

After speaking to him today, we are leaning towards buying a ticket for his brother. The debate now is, do we allow this trip without me or the both of us. 21 and 16….Twin Cities on a Saturday night.
Get a ticket for his brother.

Bring mrs shawn,
Drop the kids off at the show
You do something with the mrs during the show

Take your 21 yr old to a strip club after. (I remember taking my dad to a strip club when i lived out of state around that age, it was a bonding moment)

Maybe find something to do as a family earlier that day or next

Last edited:
Reactions: HawkeyeShawn

Family trip. Kids go to concert. You and wife go to nearby restaurant during concert. Meet up afterwards.

Who dafuq pays $500 for a concert ticket?

Seriously good question. I never will understand why someone buys the cheap seats...if your are going to be that far away just put up a tiny picture of the band on the wall opposite your couch and turn one speaker system on with the band, and another speaker system at a slightly higher volume with I Luv Lucy reruns...same experience.

Seriously good question. I never will understand why someone buys the cheap seats...if your are going to be that far away just put up a tiny picture of the band on the wall opposite your couch and turn one speaker system on with the band, and another speaker system at a slightly higher volume with I Luv Lucy reruns...same experience.
I agree.

Hate cheap seats, but ricket prices for really good seats are out of control.

I dont really care for arena shows anyway. I prefer shows at venues like woolys or rust belt

I agree.

Hate cheap seats, but ricket prices for really good seats are out of control.

I dont really care for arena shows anyway. I prefer shows at venues like woolys or rust belt
Update. I’m headed to St Paul today with my 16 and 21 year old boys. They will go to the concert. I’ll find a sports bar and watch the playoff game.

It’s amazing, no matter how many times parents can warn about friends backing out of plans and financial “commitments,” kids never learn.

To be fair though, many adults still pull that crap.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT