ADVERTISEMENT

Tiger!

Reactions: Tenacious E
One tournament a month in 2024 is far better news than I was expecting. Would be great if that happens but I’m not counting on it.

Walked around the 3M tourney a few years ago. Would probably go back if he plays. Seems like an odd one to announce this far in advance for him. I admittedly have no idea if they are a sponsor for him though
I'm looking at the pic I took of JT and him on the 9th green at the 2019 Masters Wednesday practice round. Subtle brag.

Reactions: Brian_Fantana
It’s weird to me how many people hang on to tiger woods. Yes he dominated in his prime but that was long ago.
Reminds me of Dallas Cowboy or Nebraska Cornf*cker fans. Just hanging on to the old glory days and thinking they are still relevant to everyone else.

He likes going into sports threads just to bitch about something that everyone else enjoys
Saying it’s weird how much people are still in love with someone who dominated a sport a decade ago = bitching.
Got it. Thanks for the update.

Man I think the 1991 Minnesota twins vs Atlanta Braves might have been the best World Series ever.
The battle back and forth going down to a game 7 with morris and smoltz battling was amazing.

Saying it’s weird how much people are still in love with someone who dominated a sport a decade ago = bitching.
Got it. Thanks for the update.

Man I think the 1991 Minnesota twins vs Atlanta Braves might have been the best World Series ever.
The battle back and forth going down to a game 7 with morris and smoltz battling was amazing.
He won his last major less than 5 years ago.

I think a lot of why people want to watch him now is because of the HORRIFIC injury he's coming back from. But go ahead and compare Tiger fans w/ Nebraska and Dallas Cowboy fans because it's definitely the same thing.

He won his last major less than 5 years ago.

I think a lot of why people want to watch him now is because of the HORRIFIC injury he's coming back from. But go ahead and compare Tiger fans w/ Nebraska and Dallas Cowboy fans because it's definitely the same thing.
Which horrific injury? The back injury, his sex injury or vehicle injury?
He has won 1 major since 2008 I believe.
Your just like Nebraska and Dallas fans in the fact that the younger generation has not witnessed great success from any of them.

Thus I find it odd weird that the obsession is still that great for him.
Like I said, he was unstoppable for a period of time but that was loooong ago.
If you can’t see how it’s any different then Dallas or Nebraska fans, you are just like fans of those teams.

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
Your just like Nebraska and Dallas fans in the fact that the younger generation has not witnessed great success from any of them.

If you can’t see how it’s any different then Dallas or Nebraska fans, you are just like fans of those teams.

It seems the obsession is contagious

Reactions: McLovin32

The horrific injury that almost made him get his leg amputated. That one.

It's very clear you don't like Tiger, and that's fine. I'm not trying to convince you to like him or anything. You're basically the JRHawk of sports threads. Everything you post is just bitching about something miniscule. Someone enjoys something, likes something, then you bash it. You come across as miserable. Hell, even your daycare thread was a bitchfest. Getting all worked up at your daycare because your kid gets sick and can't go.

You just love to complain and when you get called out on it you argue. With all that said, have a great weekend and go Hawks!

It’s weird to me how many people hang on to tiger woods. Yes he dominated in his prime but that was long ago.
Reminds me of Dallas Cowboy or Nebraska Cornf*cker fans. Just hanging on to the old glory days and thinking they are still relevant to everyone else.
For some, it’s because they were never golf fans. They were Tiger fans only and that sort of annoys me.

To a degree, I think it’s unfair to the Tour in general because the depth of talent is INSANE and it’s such a good product with or without him. However, a lot of that is because of Tiger. So it’s kind of a weird juxtaposition.

That being said, I want to see him play well because it’s one of, if not THE, best golfers ever recapturing something that appeared to be lost and was almost taken from him. You’d have to be one heartless muthafugga to not root for him a LITTLE bit.

Your analogy to team sports doesn't quite fit. If someone enjoyed watching Tiger in his prime, they are just supposed to not enjoy watching now or not want him to win?

By your analogy, as soon as someone favorite team starts to suck after years of being good, they aren't suppose to be someone's favorite team anymore? Shit, I have been a consistent Cubs/Bears/Hawkeye fans for years, guess i need to mix it up a bit.

The horrific injury that almost made him get his leg amputated. That one.

It's very clear you don't like Tiger, and that's fine. I'm not trying to convince you to like him or anything. You're basically the JRHawk of sports threads. Everything you post is just bitching about something miniscule. Someone enjoys something, likes something, then you bash it. You come across as miserable. Hell, even your daycare thread was a bitchfest. Getting all worked up at your daycare because your kid gets sick and can't go.

You just love to complain and when you get called out on it you argue. With all that said, have a great weekend and go Hawks!
I would love for you to point out anything where I even hinted that I was not a fan of his.
If it’s clear, it should be a piece of cake.
All I said is that it’s weird to me the continued obsession.
I’ll even let you know that during his hay day is the only time in my life I ever watched golf.

All you do is stereotype me and make up thoughts about what I am saying

• Haha
Reactions: fivecardstud14
I would love for you to point out anything where I even hinted that I was not a fan of his.
If it’s clear, it should be a piece of cake.
All I said is that it’s weird to me the continued obsession.
I’ll even let you know that during his hay day is the only time in my life I ever watched golf.

Wob?

Your analogy to team sports doesn't quite fit. If someone enjoyed watching Tiger in his prime, they are just supposed to not enjoy watching now or not want him to win?

By your analogy, as soon as someone favorite team starts to suck after years of being good, they aren't suppose to be someone's favorite team anymore? Shit, I have been a consistent Cubs/Bears/Hawkeye fans for years, guess i need to mix it up a bit.
No my analogy was meant to say that sometimes some people need to stop living in the past.
Nebraska fans still think they are the greatest
Dallas fans still think they are the greatest
Mclovin still thinks tiger is the greatest (He’s won one major in the last 15 years)

I would love for you to point out anything where I even hinted that I was not a fan of his. If it’s clear, it should be a piece of cake.
All I ****ing said is that it’s weird to me the continued obsession.

Your first post in a Tiger Woods thread was comparing people excited to watch him to Nebraska football fans.

I'm done with you though. This has been fun. Let's meet back up in the NBA thread next week and discuss those overpaid babies. Go hawks!

Your first post in a Tiger Woods thread was comparing people excited to watch him to Nebraska football fans.

I'm done with you though. This has been fun. Let's meet back up in the NBA thread next week and discuss those overpaid babies. Go hawks!
That’s how I said I’m not a fan of his? LOFL

719b984e-6e45-4386-b32c-01ec2ecccca6_text.gif

I should head back over to the NBA thread and talk about how much the Timberwolves are dominating.
They have taken a big step forward with their defense and it’s paying off time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT