ADVERTISEMENT

Tik Tok getting the ultimate ban hammer?

190401.tiktok-550x396.jpg

Good grief. Trump and his supporters think Russia election interference is a hoax but Tik Tok is a national security threat that warrants immediate action?

Ban it from government phones. Fine. Ban all social media apps from governmental phones. Fine with me.

How about we focus on the walking security breach that is Donald J Trump? Is his phone even secured? Or Jared Kushner, communicating with the Saudis and other leaders via WhatsApp. This administration doesn’t give a flying **** about national security.

I don’t Tik Tok or whatever. All I know Is the 15-25 year olds are no longer posting duck faces and now are shaking their groove thing on it. I’m not clear what interest this could possibly be to the Chinese intelligence unless they are looking for spank bank material.

They’ll know all the hottest songs before our intelligence services do.

Reactions: 3boysmom
I don’t Tik Tok or whatever. All I know Is the 15-25 year olds are no longer posting duck faces and now are shaking their groove thing on it. I’m not clear what interest this could possibly be to the Chinese intelligence unless they are looking for spank bank material.

Maybe the Puritans were right?

My post is not specifically about tik tok but most apps do not exist solely to provide the functionality users get to use. I know of a company in sv whose apps are installed on hundred+ million phones and the benefits their users see has zero to do with the motivation for their creation. this company sells not just the usual analytics but can turn on/off/capture for example anything from mic to camera at desired times or dates in any segment of their users. They have their ass covered legally though bulk of their users are abroad. And this was being done a decade ago, i imagine its even more sophisticated now.

My post is not specifically about tik tok but most apps do not exist solely to provide the functionality users get to use. I know of a company in sv whose apps are installed on hundred+ million phones and the benefits their users see has zero to do with the motivation for their creation. this company sells not just the usual analytics but can turn on/off/capture for example anything from mic to camera at desired times or dates in any segment of their users. They have their ass covered legally though bulk of their users are abroad. And this was being done a decade ago, i imagine its even more sophisticated now.

Well that's scary AF.

Turning my phone off, now.

Looks like Trump is giving Microsoft 45 days to close the Tik Tok purchase. Nothing about actually separating the technology from the Chinese govt?

It’s owned by a Chinese company. Whether it’s true or not, is debatable I’m sure. But at this point I think it’s a safe assumption to not trust anything coming out of China. And yes, I’m aware pretty much all tech hardware comes from there.
Do you buy other items from China?

The same people calling Tik Tok a threat to our national and voting security are the same people that voted to not fund or add extra voter security to this years election. Makes ya go, hmmm

So this ultra liberal woke college woman walks into a sperm bank and says, “where do I put it?”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT