ADVERTISEMENT

TikTok pro-lifers ruthless in their fact checking of ABC

You'll have to forgive me for being a bit skeptical here. When you search this video on Twitter, there's 100's of posts of the video w/ no context, and most of the accounts have single digit followers.

Not saying it's fake, but I'm saying it's definitely being pushed by fake accounts at the moment and there's probably a reason for that.

OP

Here is an opportunity for you to review objective truth:

Now, help me out. Tell me the claim that was made which this TikTok is supposedly refuting? A quote would be preferable. Then we can make a sober judgment.

"Late term abortion" is not a medical term, its a political one that was invented just for this argument.
Part of why I would like OP to quote the fact that is supposedly being checked. I don't recall "ABC" or Harris saying late term abortions don't exists.

You'll have to forgive me for being a bit skeptical here. When you search this video on Twitter, there's 100's of posts of the video w/ no context, and most of the accounts have single digit followers.

Not saying it's fake, but I'm saying it's definitely being pushed by fake accounts at the moment and there's probably a reason for that.
Could be fake for sure. I was a bit skeptical too but figured it's good fodder for HBOT.

According to abortionfinder.org, there's no limit to when someone can get an abortion in Maryland, so it's plausible.

Could be fake for sure. I was a bit skeptical too but figured it's good fodder for HBOT.

According to abortionfinder.org, there's no limit to when someone can get an abortion in Maryland, so it's plausible.
I think that's wrong.

Maryland Abortion Laws: Chart

Abortion laws in Maryland are like the majority of state abortion laws that legalize abortion until fetal viability. The table below offers a summary of Maryland abortion laws.

When is abortion legal?Abortion is legal in Maryland until a fetus is viable. After that time, abortion is legal if necessary to protect the life or health of the pregnant person or if the fetus has a genetic defect or serious deformity or abnormality.
A fetus is viable when there is a reasonable likelihood that it can survive outside the womb.

A fetus is viable around 23-24 weeks.

Last edited:
Of course late term abortions are real, but the circumstances are almost always quite different than this prankster is alluding to. Late termers are almost always due to poor fetal prognosis and abnormalities or when the mother's life is in jeopardy. The percentage of late termers because "my boyfriend isn't supporting me anymore" (LOL) has to be <1% of the percentage of 3rd trimester abortions which is less than 1% of all abortions anyway, so (1% * 1%) which is a likely overestimation of this happening is now essentially zero.

Also, it was pretty obvious that this phone conversation was edited and clipped and likely left out some pretty important parts of the original conversation that actually occurred.

come-on-man-seriously.gif

Third term abortions represent less than 1 percent of all abortions.

Think about it. At this point most families already know the sex and have probably given the unborn child a name. Most likely assembled a crib and painted the baby's room light blue or pink, and have already begun buying clothes for their newborn.

Then they get devastating news from their healthcare provider.

The next decision shouldn't be the government's decision.

Ffs, you're just mindlessly spreading misinformation. Have some self-respect.

If you're going to post bullsh!t it should at the very least be funny, not tragically sad.

Ffs, you're just mindlessly spreading misinformation. Have some self-respect.

If you're going to post bullsh!t it should at the very least be funny, not tragically sad.
He also had no idea that the video is a year old. There was no "fact checking of ABC" like he put in the title, it was just an old ass video that a pro life group made and is now apparently making the rounds on fake and far right online accounts again.

You know, it's funny that a state standard in Iowa is evaluating the reliability of sources, yet the adults so against public education can't do it themselves.

Reactions: McLovin32
You know, it's funny that a state standard in Iowa is evaluating the reliability of sources, yet the adults so against public education can't do it themselves.
Very good point. Especially when, for the most part, a lot of these types of things are very easy to look up and figure out where it came from.

Reactions: Jerome Silberman
This sounds made up.
It absolutely is. This happens every time. Trump says some outrageous lie, with zero basis in reality, and his propagandists and apologists then quickly get working to invent a story to justify the insanity and say “See! Trump’s amazing! He is hearing the truth the media didn’t even report!”

The issue is Republicans framing late-term procedures being as common as a regular check-up with your family physician, or that thousands of women using late-term procedures as some kind of easy birth control. These procedures are not common, and when they do occur, there's usually a serious reason/cause for it.

And then there's Trump musing about "after birth abortions," which is insultingly stupid.

It absolutely is. This happens every time. Trump says some outrageous lie, with zero basis in reality, and his propagandists and apologists then quickly get working to invent a story to justify the insanity and say “See! Trump’s amazing! He is hearing the truth the media didn’t even report!”
Reminds me of when they started wearing Trump diapers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT