ADVERTISEMENT

Time to Crean some players for next year

I’m not in favor of him being run off as you say. Not opposed to his minutes being cut to about 24 per game.

Ok let’s start with that. We’ve won 4 more games in the league, are three places ahead of them when they have a team of freshmen....

Frankly, there’s really not that much of a difference. If we win an NCAA game, that’s something I’d count as significant. Neither team was ever a factor in the league race.

I just don’t think we’re in such a superior position with respect to Rutgers/PSU/Illinois. Rutgers was so clearly the better team yesterday (Illinois beat them). I don’t see where the high horse delusion comes from.

Would I take their freshmen and incoming recruits? You bet your ass I would.

Good post. Iowa ranked 10th in the conference. Ratings are not everything I get it but this is how 247 Sports sees it.

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Basketball/CompositeTeamRankings/?Conference=Big-Ten

Ok let’s start with that. We’ve won 4 more games in the league, are three places ahead of them when they have a team of freshmen....

Frankly, there’s really not that much of a difference. If we win an NCAA game, that’s something I’d count as significant. Neither team was ever a factor in the league race.

I just don’t think we’re in such a superior position with respect to Rutgers/PSU/Illinois. Rutgers was so clearly the better team yesterday (Illinois beat them). I don’t see where the high horse delusion comes from.

Would I take their freshmen and incoming recruits? You bet your ass I would.
Ok, you take Illinois and I'll take Iowa during FM's tenure. This year I've won 40% more conference games and 110% more games overall. In Fran's tenure, I've won 14 more games overall, 16 in the B1G, finished 6th on average vs your 9th, same amount of NCAA wins and double or 3 more NIT wins.

With those results with following recruiting. Iowa averaged 10th and 68th rated class in B1G and nationally respectively. Illinois averaged 5th and 38 with an outlier year of 14th and 110 one year, otherwise they've had 4 top 2 classes in B1G, 6 top 5 classes in B1G in Fran's tenure with three of those being Top 15 nationally. Iowa hasn't been Top 5 in B1G or Top 30 nationally under Fran at all according to 247.

But go ahead, you can have Illinois.

Ok, you take Illinois and I'll take Iowa during FM's tenure. This year I've won 40% more conference games and 110% more games overall. In Fran's tenure, I've won 14 more games overall, 16 in the B1G, finished 6th on average vs your 9th, same amount of NCAA wins and double or 3 more NIT wins.

With those results with following recruiting. Iowa averaged 10th and 68th rated class in B1G and nationally respectively. Illinois averaged 5th and 38 with an outlier year of 14th and 110 one year, otherwise they've had 4 top 2 classes in B1G, 6 top 5 classes in B1G in Fran's tenure with three of those being Top 15 nationally. Iowa hasn't been Top 5 in B1G or Top 30 nationally under Fran at all according to 247.

Exactly. Essentially zero difference— 1.5 more games won per year —but Illinois has fired two coaches and we extend ours and some talk about him like he’s indispensable. It’s freaking crazy.

Exactly. Essentially zero difference— 1.5 more games won per year —but Illinois has fired two coaches and we extend ours and some talk about him like he’s indispensable. It’s freaking crazy.
You’re trying to hard.

Yeah, we should totally run Cook out of town.

Idiots.
No reasonable person would suggest that, but if he wants to get better as a player he should probably find a new coach to play for. His game is stagnant

Currently 10-8, 10-9 after the L at Wisconsin. Who knows what will happen at Nebraska. In year nine going 11-9 or 10-10 with this roster and head cosch, I’d rather be Illini with a head coach that knows how to recruit in this league in year one and doesn’t go total meltdown mode, ala Fran. Tired of Fran’s shtick.

Let’s look at Iowa’s players and who is gonna get it done? Iowa has role players all over this roster and most would not see the court on any other B1G team. I’m amazed they’ve won 10 games in this league with this head coach.
Underwood...??? He leads the universe in technical fouls! Recruiting??? You better look into that again....Illinois is at 49th next year and Iowa is 56th.

Yeah, we should totally run Cook out of town.

Idiots.
1st ...the dude is awesome
2nd... He is single handling killing the Hawks in most games. He is on pace to have over 100 turnovers for the year....AS A POST PLAYER!! Fran has been way to lenient with him. He doesn't need to go but does need to concentrate on what he does best. 15 foot jumpers and handling the ball in transition is not them.

1st ...the dude is awesome
2nd... He is single handling killing the Hawks in most games. He is on pace to have over 100 turnovers for the year....AS A POST PLAYER!! Fran has been way to lenient with him. He doesn't need to go but does need to concentrate on what he does best. 15 foot jumpers and handling the ball in transition is not them.
Amen! He has some of the most ridiculous turnovers I've ever seen. Post up moves and dunking, that's it, focus on that. Know your game.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Watch the start of each half against Rutgers. Watch who has turnovers and air balls. Our starters have been awful to start games and the second half. Lots of blame to go around.

Get back to good ball movement, way to much dribbling. Rutgers moved the ball very well and had lots of side to side along with inside out action. It’s a simple game. We dribble all over the place without doing anything.

1) Moss- grad transfer
2) Cook- Europe
3) Dailey- grad transfer
4) Connor can play baseball

Every team in the BIG has at least one guard who can penetrate and kick out to wide open shooters. Most have several guys. We have NONE!!!
I hope Moss stays.

I think this team seems very disinterested. Creaning players at this time of year?
Cmon man!
What I would do is change the starting lineup. I start Connor, JBO, Weiskamp Kreiner and Garza.
Send a message to Cook and Moss for their lackluster performance these last few games.
Bring Baer and Dailey off the bench.its too bad we don’t have Fredrick because at this point he can’t be any worse then what we are getting from our guard play.
No, Crean them after the season is over. The main problem with that is Fran and his assistants don't recruit worth a damn so who would they get to replace them? Another bunch of unathletic players. No, the one who needs to get Creaned is Fran and his band of stooges.

Watch the start of each half against Rutgers. Watch who has turnovers and air balls. Our starters have been awful to start games and the second half. Lots of blame to go around.

Get back to good ball movement, way to much dribbling. Rutgers moved the ball very well and had lots of side to side along with inside out action. It’s a simple game. We dribble all over the place without doing anything.

Agree 100% with you but to do what you mention you need guards to go north-south. Iowa dribbles east-west and in circles to simply keep from getting the ball stolen. When your 1's and 2's are 0 and I mean 0 threat to drive defense gets pretty easy. Stand in front of a guy and dare him to put it on the deck, crowd him so he can't get a shot and force him to kick it out. People act like it's a matter of shots falling and I could not disagree more. I saw very few maybe a handful of clean looks for guys. Moss won't take an open jumper in rhythm. Baer at least hunts his shots. I don't know even know what they are trying to do in the half court. Hell at this point go Princeton and use the shot clock to avoid getting the doors blown off.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT