ADVERTISEMENT

Timid Iowa

Feb 5, 2015
I'll never understand why, but once again timid Iowa comes out in a game with everything to gain and nothing to lose. Timid, tight, no attitude.... That leads to poor defense, bad shooting, and an embarrassing loss in a game Iowa had a good chance to win. Go out after a 40-minute effort leaving everything on the floor, fine. Go out whimpering like this...not so fine.

I do hope the guys coming in next year come in with some BIG attitude. I've seen enough of these games whether against Minnesota at home, Penn State in the Big Ten Tourney, or the Zags in the NCAA.

Uthoff gave a 110% out there today. Hope next year he is more vocal though his effort on the court didn't translate to his voice on the court.

Originally posted by The Sleeping Dog:
This year's seniors and juniors have come a long way since arriving at Iowa.
Agreed. We ran into a buzz saw tonight. Nobody was beating the zags tonight. Tip your cap, and realize we will be a pretty good team next year.

Iowa made the mistake of not going inside and getting their big men in foul trouble. Gonzaga's big men have no discipline and foul alot.

chairshot.r191677.gif

I feel like I'm going to have to say this in every thread, but the Zags were damn awesome tonight! Tip your hat and move on. The Hawks had a great season, some of you should have enjoyed it when you could.

Originally posted by ynglbc:
Iowa made the mistake of not going inside and getting their big men in foul trouble. Gonzaga's big men have no discipline and foul alot.

They did foul but weren't called.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by luvmyhawks:
Originally posted by The Sleeping Dog:
This year's seniors and juniors have come a long way since arriving at Iowa.
Agreed. We ran into a buzz saw tonight. Nobody was beating the zags tonight. Tip your cap, and realize we will be a pretty good team next year.
Iowa made a big mistake giving the Zags open looks on the outside. It got their guards and Wiltjer going and opened things up for their post guys and spread Iowa out all over. The one thing Iowa couldny afford to do on D is what they did very early in the game.

There were proud days this year for the Iowa Basketball program. They've taken solid steps for four straight years and played great down the stretch in the Big Ten this season. Hope they keep it going. Great to watch White's career. Wish nothing for the best for all three departing seniors. I'm ready to welcome 5 or 6 new guys and have a sensational 2015-'16. I like being a Hawkeye... Iowa has a class program and a bright future.

They played a team that was more talented at every position.

For that game to be close, Hawks would have had to have one of their best shooting nights from 3 AND have the 'zags be off. Neither of those things happened.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT