ADVERTISEMENT

Tipping Question

I read the Pizza Ranch website. It is a Jesus-fest, far more than Chic-fil-a. I remember hearing that Chic-fil-a would want a recommendation from your pastor before they would hire you. I can only imagine what Pizza Ranch requires. Maybe they quiz you on bible verses during your interview to be a fry cook.
Pizza Ranch was the most secular institution Parkersburg pre-tornado.

Also at the one I worked in Iowa City, me and one of the delivery dudes used to get high with one of the managers by the dumpsters behind Sycamore Mall. And the delivery dude for sure used to do coke with the main store manager. Pizza Ranch wishes they were Christian but all that ish is in Hull. Pizza Ranch takes on the shape of the glass you pour it in. But I would avoid the food and just see if the manager has a decent blow hook up. Worth a shot.

black and white monkey GIF

whatever-shrug.gif

Reactions: BrianNole777
one guy who briefly managed this store got fired for stealing a bunch of coffee filters for a family meth lab operation and i think also probably a little embezzlement if i had to guess. never followed up on if any legal action was taken there

I HEARBY SENTENCE YOU TO 3 YEARS IN JAIL FOR STEALING COFFEE FILTERS
Well we didn't look at the books/voided receipts and such and the owner/GM didn't exactly give us all the deets. We did notice the coffee filters. The meth stuff is small town gossip that has got to be close to fifty fifty

A student who works as a server mentioned today that she has been tipped multiple times by people who leave her a Bible in lieu of money, telling her that she will find it far more valuable than money. I had never heard of this before, and it raises several questions.

Has this been a thing for awhile and I've never heard about it, or is there some organization/denomination advocating for this?
Why did these customers use money to buy food when they could have just bought a far more valuable Bible?
Does the server need to report the value of the Bible as income for tax purposes? And if so, is there some equivalent of a blue book to determine the value of the Bible one receives?
If I am going to tip in the form of Bibles, how do I calculate the appropriate type of Bible to leave? Does it depend on the quality of the service? If I'm just paying for myself, is a small Gideon's version acceptable, but I should leave a larger leather-bound annotated version if I'm paying for a larger party?

Also, I couldn't help but think of this:
311141f4-fcd1-4bc8-9fd9-2a36e9cd881b_text.gif
I’d follow them outside and throw it at them and tell them they need it more than you do, you freaking cheap skates. And don’t ever come back to this restaurant if you are willing to give a money tip.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT