ADVERTISEMENT

Today's game/what it means to my family

Hawk87

HB All-State
Oct 22, 2001
My father is a huge Iowa fan who came to Iowa via the Chicago Cubs farm system. He is originally from Panama and played in the old triple I league. He played for the Burlington bees and Billy Williams was the left fielder while my dad was the center fielder. This was either the '57 or '58 season. In that year my father batted 320 something while Billy batted 310ish. Soon after my dad suffered a serious knee injury and ended up falling in love with a local girl and raised his family in Burlington. As a ND grad his first love was the fighting Irish for many years. As a long time season ticket holder to Iowa football games he gradually made the Hawkeyes his first love. Hayden Fry and the 80's teams made him a Hawkeye first and a ND fan second. My dad who is in failing health has had an opportunity to really enjoy this years BB team. It has been nice to be with him during this period. I am blessed to have him as my father. As a former athlete he taught me a sense of love for sports. I wanted to share some snippets of this as the basketball team has given us something to celebrate. Hawkeye fans are truly a special breed and I am sensing a huge win for our hoops team. Go Hawks!
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News