ADVERTISEMENT

Today's KF Press Conference Highlights

I think we will see some more of Britt this week.
Glad Welch is back and it is nice they have the secondary healthy now and can use Cash against Purdue when they need to.

Reactions: kceasthawk
Mmm yeah nice to know the pressure is off the staff now that they've lost a couple games and don't have to worry about competing for a championship anymore.

Now the real progress with this team can begin! :)...................................................o_O
We can't win a Natty but we are still mathematically alive for the West Championship. We just have to win our next 6 games.:confused:

I try not to act like I know more than KF because I obviously don’t but I really question this thinking. Underneath routes have killed us for 10 years, especially against teams like PSU and NW. Besides Purdue, we dont get burned deep that often.
I think I get what he is saying, but it's one of those things where it's like, "Well if you say so......"

I try not to act like I know more than KF because I obviously don’t but I really question this thinking. Underneath routes have killed us for 10 years, especially against teams like PSU and NW. Besides Purdue, we dont get burned deep that often.
if I were KF, I would voice my concerns to Phil & then tell Phil that the final decisions are up to him.

KF should be more worried about the OL, where he has more expertise.

And who is responsible for the state of the OL, particularly guards?
I am a big Linderbaum fan but he was abused as bad as the guards against PSU. I saw Kallenberger get pushed down by a DT with one arm. Paulsen and Ince had a hard time competing Saturday, and Wirfs obviously has a bad ankle as gimpy as he was.

he is saying that because Purdue really pushes the ball up the field and has beat Iowa doing that the last two years. They just keep testing your CBs on deep routes.

OJ said they are practicing lots of cash this week between himself, DJ, and Belton at the cash. When OJ goes to cash they put Moss at CB.

Reactions: David1979
OJ said they are practicing lots of cash this week between himself, DJ, and Belton at the cash. When OJ goes to cash they put Moss at CB.
giphy.gif

PU had MULTIPLE 30+ yard receptions last year, 2 for more than 50 yards.....

That's who we play next, so it's the only team that matters.

PU had MULTIPLE 30+ yard receptions last year, 2 for more than 50 yards.....

That's who we play next, so it's the only team that matters.
Yeah I’m just reading the quote, I was taking that as a global statement and not specific to Purdue. In reading it again, I think I had the wrong context.

I am a big Linderbaum fan but he was abused as bad as the guards against PSU. I saw Kallenberger get pushed down by a DT with one arm. Paulsen and Ince had a hard time competing Saturday, and Wirfs obviously has a bad ankle as gimpy as he was.

He is young. Was bound to be learning experiences along the way. We just expect them to jump in and execute like a pro. It was mentioned how much Banwart was helping out Linderbaum with deciphering the looks and calls.

Reactions: FormerPlayer07
Iowa has lost six conference games in the last year and a half, and it could have/should have won each game. It would be nice, IMHO, to hear KF say he's sick and tired of losing every one of those games. It would be nice to hear they're reviewing every conceivable change that could turn such games into wins. It would be nice to hear an explanation for the play-calling on first and goal from the four and on two-point conversion attempts. It would be nice to hear why, after a couple seasons of successful trick plays, Iowa has yet to try a single one this season. It would be nice to have the head coach use words to publicly acknowledge the frustration of the fans who pay his huge salary. Again, IMHO.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT