ADVERTISEMENT

Tommy from Des Moines game Brian Ferentz a big fat F......

Also, not impressed with the quarterback coach. What is he teaching Stanley?

Is Stanley suppose to catch the ball also? How can he be the whipping boy in this? GDBF is the one calling for Wadley to run directly into a 7 man front 70% of the time knowing his Oline is overmatched due to injuries. These losses are on the coaches.

The loss is not on the coach either....when you play as many underclassmen that are playing this year your going to be a little hit and miss. Give them time.....and I dont mean like next week. playing the underclassmen will pay huge dividends down the road!!

The loss is not on the coach either....when you play as many underclassmen that are playing this year your going to be a little hit and miss. Give them time.....and I dont mean like next week. playing the underclassmen will pay huge dividends down the road!!

Are you serious? Wadley's been running up the gut into 8 man fronts all year. How is that not the coaches fault? Wadley needs to get into space to be effective. Running into the heart of a defense isn't the space Wadley excels at.

Are you serious? Wadley's been running up the gut into 8 man fronts all year. How is that not the coaches fault? Wadley needs to get into space to be effective. Running into the heart of a defense isn't the space Wadley excels at.

Iowa needs less Wadley and more Butler. When Butler comes off of the injury (at least I am assuming he's coming back) that will make Wadley more effective with less touches (believe it or not). Butler's thunder sets up the lightning that Wadley provides.

Iowa needs less Wadley and more Butler. When Butler comes off of the injury (at least I am assuming he's coming back) that will make Wadley more effective with less touches (believe it or not). Butler's thunder sets up the lightning that Wadley provides.
We have a seldom used Toren Young who may be better than Butler.

Our OC elects not to use him.

now toren young and Ivory Kelly Martin that forgot the ball on the way into the end zone against Illinois is your savior now lol lol lol

Savior? Hardly. But it would be a better option and provide something different for a defense. Is that not what the "fans" are begging for?

Reactions: Herkmeister
now toren young and Ivory Kelly Martin that forgot the ball on the way into the end zone against Illinois is your savior now lol lol lol

Come on now, do don’t toren and km like Kirk would, we all know if given the chance after a mistake these guys can get it done and do well! Also they can be used like Butler was being used in the early going of the season.. it freed up room for Wadley in the passing game. why we haven’t looked like that or tried to do some of those things that worked early on is weird just like running AW right up the gut in to what almost looks like a punt return formation up front.. I bet the frustration is at level 10..

Last edited:
Reactions: Floyd_Of_Rosedale
It doesn't matter if we put Adrian Peterson and Barry Sanders in the backfield. Our line can't block 7 guys and lately they can't block 4. When you don't scheme against your opponent and exploit what they are doing defensively, you end up doing what we do, which amounts to sending guys out of the trench to attack the machine gun position. '8 guys in the box, defense selling out to stop the run, so let's run into the teeth of the D'.

Young made a great catch and run. Did we go back to him? No
Vertical play to Vandeberg. Did we try again? No
Put Wadley out as WR or on a wheel route? No
Use Wadley as a decoy to set up Young or Martin? No
Go up tempo and run out of shotgun? No
Put Wiegers in as a running threat on 3rd and short? No

It's ignorance or arrogance and I don't KF is ignorant.

Yes, everyone's a coach. And how could any of them do worse than the man who's actually paid millions and millions of dollars to do that ONE thing? Seriously, how much do you have to know about football to call Wadley up the gut over and over and over again into the teeth of the defense?

Remember Mark Weisman? KF and Co. constantly ran him wide when the big guy with no speed or moves should have been running up the gut. So when they have one of the speediest, quickest, greatest-in-space backs Iowa's ever had they run him up the gut instead of getting him in space.

That, my friends, takes a highly qualifed, experienced football coach to figure out. :rolleyes:

The loss is not on the coach. Smh

Remember Mark Weisman? KF and Co. constantly ran him wide when the big guy with no speed or moves should have been running up the gut. So when they have one of the speediest, quickest, greatest-in-space backs Iowa's ever had they run him up the gut instead of getting him in space.

That, my friends, takes a highly qualifed, experienced football coach to figure out. :rolleyes:

Maddening, isn't it?

Reactions: anon_i8nzeu2gbf0ba
Yes, everyone's a coach. And how could any of them do worse than the man who's actually paid millions and millions of dollars to do that ONE thing? Seriously, how much do you have to know about football to call Wadley up the gut over and over and over again into the teeth of the defense?

Exactly, they act like we are trying to critique the physics of a hydrogen bomb. Lol
This is football guys, it's not that difficult to see glaring mistakes.

Last edited:
Yes, the "coach" should fire that firm he outsourced recruiting to because they are just not consistently keeping the pipeline full!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT