ADVERTISEMENT

Tony Perkins

Great athlete. Yet to be seen if he's a great basketball player. Hoping for the best. He has a long career ahead of him.

Great athlete. Yet to be seen if he's a great basketball player. Hoping for the best. He has a long career ahead of him.
I think Tony is going to be a great HAWK ! He is an explosive athlete that will help the Hawks in a lot of ways .

I'm sure Perkins will help in the future. After watching today I'm hoping Fran goes 8, maybe 9 deep with Joe T, Pat, Keegan and then Ulis at times off the bench.

Lol, Nunge is going to play and likely be our best guy off the bench.

OK 10 deep... ;) For me, I want the top 2 defenders coming off the bench. Then those that were mentioned...

Sounds like Keegan is the real deal. The young man is built. If he can hold his own on defense, then look out B1G!!

And just think, we get all 5 of the freshmen, PLUS PMac for another 4 more years. Love it!

I said what I'm hoping for, not what's probably going to happen. No way Nunge will be our best guy off the bench over Joe T and Pat unless he dramatically improved.
He absolutely will be. The guy is a beast and was just picking up before his injury. Go listen to what Fredrick said about him. Called him an NBA talent. Not having him in your bench rotation is idiotic. Fran started him over Kriener for a reason last season.

Reactions: hawkeyeguy69
McCaffery said in the postgame that Nunge was probably playing like their best player toward the end of the practice season. We all know that Fran and hyperbole go hand in hand, but even if he is just exaggerating a little, we should expect Jack to be very good this year.

Reactions: hawkeyeguy69
McCaffery said in the postgame that Nunge was probably playing like their best player toward the end of the practice season. We all know that Fran and hyperbole go hand in hand, but even if he is just exaggerating a little, we should expect Jack to be very good this year.

I hope that Jack has a major breakout season. He deserves it. And he has some skills for a 6'11" dude.

Last edited:
Reactions: hawkeyeinmo
He was ready to get another one in the last few seconds but looked at the bench and they said no.

Wasn’t it Illinois that cried about Iowa not dribbling out the clock at the end of the game last year? Funny was watching the Illinois blowout yesterday and they tried to score with seconds left in the game. I wanted Perkins to go ahead and windmill dunk.

He absolutely will be. The guy is a beast and was just picking up before his injury. Go listen to what Fredrick said about him. Called him an NBA talent. Not having him in your bench rotation is idiotic. Fran started him over Kriener for a reason last season.

That'd be great if you're right, we just have nothing to base it on currently except for quotes from teammates and coaches. I'll wait until I actually see it on the court.

Wasn’t it Illinois that cried about Iowa not dribbling out the clock at the end of the game last year? Funny was watching the Illinois blowout yesterday and they tried to score with seconds left in the game. I wanted Perkins to go ahead and windmill dunk.
That was different. IL was fouling hard so getting the score quickly was a way to avoid that. No need to do it when the opponent isn't trying to hurt you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT