ADVERTISEMENT

Top 16 WBB Reveal on Feb 29th: Iowa was the #7 OVERALL SEED and would have faced #1 OVERALL SEED South Carolina in the Elite 8

Texas lost last nite and VA.tech lost tonite.
Maybe OSU next?
Stanford play UCLA?

To finish out the regular season:

Stanford is at #11 Oregon St and at Oregon.

UCLA is at Arizona State (tonight) and at Arizona.

Then it's the PAC 12 Tournament next week.

Committee will put us in with South Carolina.
Obviously it should be as fair and legit as possible but you would think they’d at least look at what keeps Miss Money going as long as possible. So Car and our gals in the same regional would be a mistake IMO if they want to maximize value because women’s college ball is going to go back on the shelf next year with CC gone.

The 68-team bracket will be announced March 17 at 8 p.m. ET on ESPN.

If the season ended Wednesday, Feb 28, here would be the 4 brackets and Top 16 teams.

As you can see, if both teams kept winning, Iowa would face South Carolina in the Elite 8.

Albany 1
1 South Carolina
7 IOWA
12 Oregon State
16 Oklahoma

Portland 4
4 UCLA
5 Virginia Tech
0 UConn
15 Gonzaga

Portland 3
3 Stanford
6 Texas
11 NC State
14 Indiana

Albany 2
2 Ohio State
8 Southern California
9 LSU
13 Colorado

Read more here:

What follows was the first Top-16 reveal, announced on Feb 15th.

On Feb 15th, as you can see, IF Iowa and South Carolina kept winning, they would not have met until the Final 4.

The 4 brackets and Top 16 teams on Feb 15:

Albany 1
1 South Carolina
7 UCLA
12 UConn
16 Louisville

Portland 4
4 Colorado
5 IOWA
10 Virginia Tech
13 Kansas State

Albany 3
3 Ohio State
6 NC State
9 Southern California
14 LSU

Portland 2
2 Stanford
8 Texas
11 Oregon St
15 Indiana

The Top-16 teams, in order, on Feb 15:
1 South Carolina
2 Stanford
3 Ohio State
4 Colorado
5 Iowa
6 NC State
7 UCLA
8 Texas
9 Southern California
10 Virginia Tech
11 Oregon State
12 UConn
13 Kansas State
14 LSU
15 Indiana
16 Louisville

The Story from Feb 15:

Last edited:
If they go by how they have them, 1 and 8 in same region. Then 2 and 7 in same region, so Ohio ST and Iowa in same. 3 and 6, 4 and 5.
If they are going by how they have them ranked.

unfortunately #1 (South Carolina) and #7 (Iowa) are in one region and #2 (Ohio State) and #8 (Southern Cal) are in another region

Last edited:
My guess for #1 seeds...South Carolina, Pac 12 champ, B1G champ, and one of Texas/VT/NCST.

Yes but Ckark cant di it all . Bluder failed by not getting one decent transfer. This team isnt as good as last years.
Too bad you changed your thread name. You're a really die hard Iowa State fan. Keep up your stupid posts on this Hawkeye site.....

Reactions: littlez
I despise the Cyclones. I would root for Wisconsin and even Nebraska to beat them.
Shut Your Mouth Reaction GIF
no chance in hell I would take Nebby to beat anyone, including Clown U. I can't stand Ronald McDonald either, but I want Nebraska to lose in every single game in every single sport every year.

Chances of an iowa South Carolina game are small. Sunday iowa will either win and move up or lose and go down. And then everyone will play in a conference tournament…….there will be a lot of changes in the next 10 days.

Right now, it’s very easy to determine Iowa‘s seed:
Win 4 - #1 seed Beating OSU twice takes their #1 at worst
Win 3 - #2 seed, a win over OSU and/or tourney title will probably not jump pac10 champ, OSU, Texas, Vtech without a lot of help
Win 2 - #2/#3 depending on other games
Else #3 seed with bad week

Well Va Tech lost last night, so they will drop. Help me out here though, why would they even be ranked over us from the get go? We beat them head to head, correct? We have a better record correct? Their wins aren't that much better, maybe not at all better than us, to trump them jumping us? I just don't really get that one.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Chances of an iowa South Carolina game are small. Sunday iowa will either win and move up or lose and go down. And then everyone will play in a conference tournament…….there will be a lot of changes in the next 10 days.

I’m more or less expecting to be in same region as LSU.

Reactions: not_mantiteo
I would think that given the dollar implication Iowa and South Carolina wouldn’t happen until final 4.

On Feb 15th (the first Top-16 reveal), as you can see, IF Iowa and South Carolina kept winning, they would not have met until the Final 4.

The 4 brackets and Top 16 teams on Feb 15:

Albany 1
1 South Carolina
7 UCLA
12 UConn
16 Louisville

Portland 4
4 Colorado
5 IOWA
10 Virginia Tech
13 Kansas State

Albany 3
3 Ohio State
6 NC State
9 Southern California
14 LSU

Portland 2
2 Stanford
8 Texas
11 Oregon St
15 Indiana

The Top-16 teams, in order, on Feb 15:
1 South Carolina
2 Stanford
3 Ohio State
4 Colorado
5 Iowa
6 NC State
7 UCLA
8 Texas
9 Southern California
10 Virginia Tech
11 Oregon State
12 UConn
13 Kansas State
14 LSU
15 Indiana
16 Louisville

The Story from Feb 15:

If the network has a say Iowa should be a 2 seed in the bracket with the worst 1 seed.

Ratings will crater after Clark is out.
Disagree that they’d crater ratings in general have been on the rise for women’s tournament. But yeah, they won’t be in the same stratosphere as any game with Clark in it.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Next season will be interesting as far as who "carries the torch" for WBB.

Does JuJu have the personality?

Well Va Tech lost last night, so they will drop. Help me out here though, why would they even be ranked over us from the get go? We beat them head to head, correct? We have a better record correct? Their wins aren't that much better, maybe not at all better than us, to trump them jumping us? I just don't really get that one.
Some of it is in the moment reactions.

Some of it is who we're losing to, and how...............

Losing to Nebraska the way we did, isn't deserving of a top 5 ranking.

If we beat Ohio State and get to the BTT Finals (meaning not being mental midgets and beating Indiana again), then we'll have re-earned a top 5 ranking and a shot at a 1 seed.

Some of it is in the moment reactions.

Some of it is who we're losing to, and how...............

Losing to Nebraska the way we did, isn't deserving of a top 5 ranking.

If we beat Ohio State and get to the BTT Finals (meaning not being mental midgets and beating Indiana again), then we'll have re-earned a top 5 ranking and a shot at a 1 seed.
Again, though. They lost to FSU and Duke, and we beat them head to head. This really makes no sense.

I'll say this, Iowa without Clark would continue to get the disrespect in the rankings they'd always gotten.

It took Clark 2.5 yrs and injuries to Paige Beuckers to change that thinking.........
There was no disrespect in the past. We had a history of never getting past the sweet 16 until Megan and even then we got clobbered in the Elite 8. Clark has legitimized us. 7 overall is probably right as of now. Lots of ball to be played. Need a win Sunday.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT