ADVERTISEMENT

Top 5 Places To Visit In Quad Cities

Free cover everyday at Daisy Dooks if you have a CDL.

Tough choice
  1. Casey's
    (563) 391-5137
  2. Casey's
    (563) 391-6076
  3. Casey's
    (563) 388-7311
  4. Casey's
    (563) 355-4039
  5. Casey's
    (309) 756-5542

The restaurant “Monarch” on East 53rd St in Davenport is very good. My wife and I have been there three times for lunch including today.

I would like to have dinner there sometime and also have a couple of drinks at the bar.

1. Rock Island Arsenal
2. Black Hawk State Park (Rock Island)
3.John Deere Headquarters (Moline)
4. Modern Woodmen Stadium (Davenport)
5. Figge Art Museum (Davenport)

Feel free to make your own list of top places to visit
in the Quad Cities, USA.
At the risk of incurring the wrath of @torbee, the quads are very boring. Great place to live and raise a family, but boring.

Once upon a time when the Arsenal had a functioning country club, we were members. I'm not sure why else anyone would go there on purpose. Also, I'm not sure why one would visit the JD headquarters. Maybe their museum by the Mark, but that is also boring.

The most fun thing to do was Bix Fest, but then they separated it from the run and killed the vibe. I also enjoyed taking in a game at Modern Woodmen, and going for a ride on the channel cat when it was still a thing (maybe it is?). Pretty much everything to do with the river is the most interesting thing about the quads.

My list of 10 things I would do if I had a time machine would be:
  1. Bix Fest back when it was coupled with the race
  2. Dinner at Steventon's overlooking the river
  3. Channel cat
  4. play golf at the Aresneal and try not to get attacked by those f&cking red winged blackbirds
  5. Take in a game at Modern Woodmen
  6. sledding on the 23rd ave hill in Bettendorf
  7. Dinner at Five (long since gone)
  8. get my swerve on in the back of my parent's 4runner at Crow Creek Park
  9. Taco pizza from HJ's
  10. Butterfinger malt from Whitey's

Last edited:
Iron Invasion every October at Mississippi Valley fairgrounds.

Bands, art, hot rods, classic cars, motorcycles etc, swap meet, pin up contest, racing, camping. Something for everyone. Only $20 which goes to a worthy childrens charity.

I’d like to do Bixfest sometime. Saw Tuba Skinny play Moline fall of ‘21.

I live in Waterloo which sucks. Quad Cities have more stuff that suits me.

Reactions: LuteHawk
Tough choice
  1. Casey's
    (563) 391-5137
  2. Casey's
    (563) 391-6076
  3. Casey's
    (563) 388-7311
  4. Casey's
    (563) 355-4039
  5. Casey's
    (309) 756-5542

From worst to best in pizza quality, Pine St, 53rd, Locust, Bettendorf, Milan.

Reactions: Bro D
From worst to best in pizza quality, Pine St, 53rd, Locust, Bettendorf, Milan.
Ive never got milan but Locust has to be in last. Was going downhill quick but the switch from their own delivery to crack head grubhub was the nail in the coffin

Reactions: Moral
Whiteys ice cream.

A few breweries are always fun

Couple pizza places are decent.

Catch a baseball game.

Bike ride along river trail.

At the risk of incurring the wrath of @torbee, the quads are very boring. Great place to live and raise a family, but boring.

Once upon a time when the Arsenal had a functioning country club, we were members. I'm not sure why else anyone would go there on purpose. Also, I'm not sure why one would visit the JD headquarters. Maybe their museum by the Mark, but that is also boring.

The most fun thing to do was Bix Fest, but then they separated it from the run and killed the vibe. I also enjoyed taking in a game at Modern Woodmen, and going for a ride on the channel cat when it was still a thing (maybe it is?). Pretty much everything to do with the river is the most interesting thing about the quads.

My list of 10 things I would do if I had a time machine would be:
  1. Bix Fest back when it was coupled with the race
  2. Dinner at Steventon's overlooking the river
  3. Channel cat
  4. play golf at the Aresneal and try not to get attacked by those f&cking red winged blackbirds
  5. Take in a game at Modern Woodmen
  6. sledding on the 23rd ave hill in Bettendorf
  7. Dinner at Five (long since gone)
  8. get my swerve on in the back of my parent's 4runner at Crow Creek Park
  9. Taco pizza from HJ's
  10. Butterfinger malt from Whitey's
Not mad in the least but am sort of curious what totally awesome and exciting things you have where you live now that are so much less boring.

Quads is pretty similar to every other mid-sized metro area in the country in terms of things to do IMO. I mean, I’ve lived here and in Madison and there isn’t really a massive difference in “excitement” — although the restaurants and outdoor recreation opportunities are stronger there.

Have all you QC people ran the BIX? I have several times with the last time in 2012. It is fun with all the people cheering you on and all the music.
You know, I never won that darn race.

———

Like I had a chance.

Not mad in the least but am sort of curious what totally awesome and exciting things you have where you live now that are so much less boring.

Quads is pretty similar to every other mid-sized metro area in the country in terms of things to do IMO. I mean, I’ve lived here and in Madison and there isn’t really a massive difference in “excitement” — although the restaurants and outdoor recreation opportunities are stronger there.
Not much. I suppose a better farmer's market, better musicals that come through our civic center, and better shows playing at the Wells Fargo Arena. But nothing to set your hair on fire.

Not much. I suppose a better farmer's market, better musicals that come through our civic center, and better shows playing at the Wells Fargo Arena. But nothing to set your hair on fire.
Music scene is better in the Quads than Des Moines. I’ll give you the farmers market. Des Moines and Quads also get the same traveling Broadway troupes so that’s a wash too.

Congrats on the more exciting arugula I guess? 🙂

Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
Music scene is better in the Quads than Des Moines. I’ll give you the farmers market. Des Moines and Quads also get the same traveling Broadway troupes so that’s a wash too.

Des Moines has better bridges

Quad Cities just has the old American romance rest of the state lacks imo.

River towns, Rock Island Line, Bix Beiderbecke, mentions in classic American songs. Riverboats with New Orleans jazz bands- that’s how Bix got started. Trains, river, music, history cool American stuff.

Stuff I like, Qs is best in state.

Is circle tap ribs still a thing?

Quad Cities just has the old American romance rest of the state lacks imo.

River towns, Rock Island Line, Bix Beiderbecke, mentions in classic American songs. Riverboats with New Orleans jazz bands- that’s how Bix got started. Trains, river, music, history cool American stuff.

Stuff I like, Qs is best in state.
It’s definitely a slightly different culture than the rest of Iowa not along the Mississippi. Definitely has a grittier, seedier vibe. That’s not for everyone.

The way I describe the difference between the QC and Madison is similar to how I’d describe the difference between it and Des Moines: the Quads is more urban, but less cosmopolitan than Madison. Madison is more cosmopolitan but less urban than the Quads.

Reactions: NewVicHawkeye
1. Rock Island Arsenal
2. Black Hawk State Park (Rock Island)
3.John Deere Headquarters (Moline)
4. Modern Woodmen Stadium (Davenport)
5. Figge Art Museum (Davenport)

Feel free to make your own list of top places to visit
in the Quad Cities, USA.
A few times, I have thought that one day I might visit Iowa. When I see a post like this, I no longer have those thoughts. ;)

It’s definitely a slightly different culture than the rest of Iowa not along the Mississippi. Definitely has a grittier, seedier vibe. That’s not for everyone.

The way I describe the difference between the QC and Madison is similar to how I’d describe the difference between it and Des Moines: the Quads is more urban, but less cosmopolitan than Madison. Madison is more cosmopolitan but less urban than the Quads.
Not that either are exactly Chicago, but how are the quads more urban than Des Moines?

Lagomarcinos in Moline has to be on the list right?

If you have kids, then the John Deere Plaza, Bettendorf Family Museum, Niabi Zoo, and Putnam Museum are all good places to go. Niabi went down a bit when they had to move their elephants after losing one of the three, but I think you can still feed a giraffe.

A baseball game at JO’D(not using the new name) is almost always a great experience too.

Figge is a really damn good art museum. Is the River Music Experience still a thing?

Oh and if you feel like slumming it, check out The District on a weekend at night.

Reactions: LuteHawk
1. Airport
2. Bus station
3. Train station
4. Cab line
5. Anywhere Uber picks up

All are highly rated spots to get you out of town.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT